Was signing BillyJoe Hobart the right move?

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I can’t believe you completely jumped over the Vince Young signing- would Terry have even purchased the Bills if it went differently? 

I was thinking of cringe worthy moments and only 2 people stood out - BJH and his awfulness or this guy who might be the worst football player ever to step on a a pro field

image.png.d3275c713505a5094a1e5832e6579f74.png

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It was a franchise altering move. Now is you chance to to comment if you think it was the right move by our team or not...

It must must have been the right move......we’re all still talking about it 20 yrs. later.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Actually even before Kelly retired, every time he threw a pick or the offense came off the field without scoring; half the stadium who shout "Collins, Collins, Collins!" much like when Brady fades out, fans will start calling for their back up. It was the end of our dynasty, we used to expect excellence and to win all the time. Not just hope to get into the playoffs, the AFC went through Orchard Park...This was a dark season

Marv was still the Coach at the time, his last season as HC - which was a bad choice without JK or a viable QB, this team was on it's last legs & Marv should have retired with Jimbo. We gave up a 3rd rounder for Billy Joe, when Collins got hurt and he had to play, I can't even describe how bad the game was. Here is the boxscore, you can see for yourself:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199710120nwe.htm

Checked the box score, about 150 yards passing, 100 yards rushing. Get those turnovers under control and you've got a Tyrod Taylor let offense.

matchlightdanger01_7710.png