'murica !@#$ Yeah!

/dev/null

17 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

It might be more of an exercise thing. The average person only walks when going to the bathroom and flexes their muscles when texting or in my case posting on TBD

I think it is food thing side of equation.  I see fat people walking all over the place! ;)

TV vs. Sleep thing.  You burn more kcal per hour sleeping than watching TV.  And what do people do while watching TV... Shoveling their pie hole!

GOOD R.E.M sleep gets no respect.  Sleep is everything, a lot are in a sleep deficit.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

34 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I think it is food thing side of equation.  I see fat people walking all over the place! ;)

TV vs. Sleep thing.  You burn more kcal per hour sleeping than watching TV.  And what do people do while watching TV... Shoveling their pie hole!

GOOD R.E.M sleep gets no respect.  Sleep is everything, a lot are in a sleep deficit.

I've been looking for *the* excuse to sleep, and you my friend I believe just gave it to me! Got any empirical data to back it up? I'd like to have that to throw back in the faces of the ones that will inevitably shame my sleeping behaviors!

20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I've been looking for *the* excuse to sleep, and you my friend I believe just gave it to me! Got any empirical data to back it up? I'd like to have that to throw back in the faces of the ones that will inevitably shame my sleeping behaviors!

No data... But out there somewhere!

I think a 200 # person burns 100 kcal/hour.  75 kcal/hour watching TV.  Of course, when is sleeping, they aren't snacking too!  They are sleeping! :D

I have been working swing for almost 30 years.  About 25 were 0800-1600, 1600-2400, 2400-0800... Changing every week... 

Now... 0600-1800 & 1800-0600... With a 4 week mixed up rotation... I find I am sleeping and eating normal.  Before, I was either sleeping, eating, working... Or doing all three at once! :lol:;)

Of course I lost the weight, but keeping it off!

It's all about timing... Sleeping goes hand in hand with eating.

The data is out there somwhere. Cruise the health forum... I think there are links there.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, KD in CA said:

40%??  WTF??

It's about 4% where I live.  Who's bringing up the average?

The South.  Mississippi is the fattest state.  Tennessee is 3.  Arkansas is 4.  Louisiana is 5.

According to a 2014 study by the CDC the average American man is 5'9.2" and 195.7lbs.  The BMI of the "average man" is then 28.7.

Same study puts the average American woman 5'3.7" and 168.5lbs.  The BMI of the "average woman" is then 29.2.

Edited by LeviF91

36 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

The South.  Mississippi is the fattest state.  Tennessee is 3.  Arkansas is 4.  Louisiana is 5.

According to a 2014 study by the CDC the average American man is 5'9.2" and 195.7lbs.  The BMI of the "average man" is then 28.7.

Same study puts the average American woman 5'3.7" and 168.5lbs.  The BMI of the "average woman" is then 29.2.

Thanks, Cliffy.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thanks, Cliffy.

Thanks for subscribing to fat facts! 

Did you know that approximately $147 billion is spent in added medical expenses in America every year due to obesity?

Reply "STOP" to unsubscribe to fat facts.

26 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Thanks for subscribing to fat facts! 

Did you know that approximately $147 billion is spent in added medical expenses in America every year due to obesity?

Reply "STOP" to unsubscribe to fat facts.

Can you break that down by income and education level?

6 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Funny, my wife and I are both right on the height average but we're about 100 lbs under on the combined average weight!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/health/lose-weight-where-does-it-go-partner/index.html

You breathe out most of your weight loss.  Why quality sleep is important.

"The good news is that you exhale 200 grams (7 ounces) of carbon dioxide while you're fast asleep every night, so you've already breathed out a quarter of your daily target before you even step out of bed."

Americans need to lighten up on the booze too.