Bills had deal in place with Colts to trade to 3 before Jets swooped in, per WGR

Many on this board can't really blame the JETS for overpaying, since they are saying do the same.  The 2 other teams in AFCE hope we do the same since none of these are shoe-in franchise QBs.  No Lucks, Staffords, Ryans, or Rodgers here.  If Mayfield or Allen are still there at 10, I say move down;  however, I hope we keep most of our picks because I think AJ is good enough if we use our picks to get 3-4 starters.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I really just want them to trade up and take a swing to get the guy they want. 

I agree with this. I'd just applaud them making the move. I hope it happens. If they do, there's a greater than 50% chance they'd choose a different QB than I would out of whoever remains on the board. I'm prepared to support it and hope for the best. I'm sure there are others that want a move up to 2 AND for the Bills to make the same choice that they would. That's setting oneself up for disappointment imo. 

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Many on this board can't really blame the JETS for overpaying, since they are saying do the same.  The 2 other teams in AFCE hope we do the same since none of these are shoe-in franchise QBs.  No Lucks, Staffords, Ryans, or Rodgers here.  If Mayfield or Allen are still there at 10, I say move down;  however, I hope we keep most of our picks because I think AJ is good enough if we use our picks to get 3-4 starters.

Allen possible going to Jet sorry man. Bill's love him

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I really just want them to trade up and take a swing to get the guy they want. 

I get it. But if they overpaid for #2 and picked Allen who, in my opinion, has the feeling of a big arm bust, I would be sick to my stomach and would never want to be more wrong in my entire life.

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

What you are suggesting is exactly what happened with the JP pick.  Let's not grab a QB just to please a portion of the fan base.

Realistically, TD made that fateful move up because in '04 2005 was not projected as a good year for QBs , Rodgers wasn't highly regarded and Alex Smith went 1st overall . 

Just guessing and speculating, but I assume that Beane is hanging tight to that 2019 first. He might see this year as more of the rebuild "tank" type year and that 2019 pick could be a very high one. He clearly was not expecting us to play well this year and our playoff run affected our picks. I'm very happy with making the playoffs, but Beane has a little bit of an uphill battle to get to teh top. At the end of teh day, that 2019 pick is kind of expendable when we have like 90 million in cap. 

Gotta find a way to make it happen. 

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Exactly. That would of been lazy on the Colts part not to at least check back in with Buffalo and see if they can get even more out of them. If the price was right, Colts would of f most likely let go of that 3rd pick regardless of dropping out of the top 10.

I doubt it. The Jets could match whatever pick the Bills threw in there and it would be likely to be around or above the Bills spot next year. The Jets had the #6 pick vs the # 12 and that was the deal maker right there. 

3 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

I get it. But if they overpaid for #2 and picked Allen who, in my opinion, has the feeling of a big arm bust, I would be sick to my stomach and would never want to be more wrong in my entire life.

Wouldn't bother me at all if they felt they could get the best out of him.  Success or failure, take a swing for the home run. 

TBH, it feels like Beane and McD have had a horse shoe rammed up their collective asses and I hope it stays lodged in there for one more month and either the guy they want falls to them or they move up to get the guy they want and in either case he's a HOFer. Is that too much to ask?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bills Pimpin' said:

TBH, it feels like Beane and McD have had a horse shoe rammed up their collective asses and I hope it stays lodged in there for one more month and either the guy they want falls to them or they move up to get the guy they want and in either case he's a HOFer. Is that too much to ask?

Probably.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I doubt it. The Jets could match whatever pick the Bills threw in there and it would be likely to be around or above the Bills spot next year. The Jets had the #6 pick vs the # 12 and that was the deal maker right there. 

While I agree that #6 to #12 was the biggest factor in all of it, I also come away with the impression if the Bills were to throw in a 1st next year, it would of been extremely hard to turn that down considering whatever they had on the table for 2018 picks as well.

Thats my train of thought now with the Giants/Bills situation. It’s going to hard to turn a deal down that involves a 1st round pick next year.

Edited by Patriot Killa

There are teams in the NFL  that you do not want to deal with and some you can deal with. . i suspect that most or all of the GM's know which ones they are and if you really think about it, you will be able to list them also.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Realistically, TD made that fateful move up because in '04 2005 was not projected as a good year for QBs , Rodgers wasn't highly regarded and Alex Smith went 1st overall . 

My recollection is that before the draft. Rodgers was expected to go very high. And I think I remember cameras on him watching him squirm as he "fell" down the board.

Do I have that wrong? It could be.

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

My recollection is that before the draft. Rodgers was expected to go very high. And I think I remember cameras on him watching him squirm as he "fell" down the board.

This draft has lots of QBS going high. As well next year draft not soo good. But Rodgers reason's cause of reasons. Everyone has different for them. No matter what or draft.

3 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

The debate that year was Rodgers or Smith at #1. When the 49ers took Smith, Rodgers fell. You are right, he wasn't expected to get out of the top 5 though. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

While I agree that #6 to #12 was the biggest factor in all of it, I also come away with the impression if the Bills were to throw in a 1st next year, it would of been extremely hard to turn that down considering whatever they had on the table for 2018 picks as well.

Thats my train of thought now with the Giants/Bills situation. It’s going to hard to turn a deal down that involves a 1st round pick next year.

Bills took a future first 2018 to move down last year. Passed on Watson and Mahomes , ended up with pick #22 from KC. A future first isn't the be all end all. The Jets could have thrown one in if they really wanted to. It's just not what the Colts were after. They wanted that high pick for the chance to move down again if teams get desperate for a QB at the top if this draft or a top player that fell due to QBs coming off the board. The Colts have holes all over their roster and those three 2's for such a small move back just wasn't getting turned down. 

Just now, cle23 said:

The debate that year was Rodgers or Smith at #1. When the 49ers took Smith, Rodgers fell. You are right, he wasn't expected to get out of the top 5 though. 

Turned out to be a great situation for him in the end says Captain Obvious.