Again, bills HAVE called up to browns for first overall

48 minutes ago, billspro said:

Darnold did carry a 1-3 Trojans team to win the Rose Bowl his first year and won a PAC 12 Championship last year. I would consider that successful.

How much trouble do you think USC has recruiting?  They won the PAC-12, so had an automatic bid to Rose Bowl (I believe).  Did he truly carry that team or was he part of the team that won.  

To to be clear, I am not deprecating Darnold, I think he is very good.  However, many seem to believe that if only the Bills trade up for Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield that whomever they pick, will be On the level of Brady or Rodgers and magically carry a team that is currently under-talented and will spend all of their prime draft picks to move up for one of these “saviors”.

i acknowledge that if a team has one of the very few all-time greats at QB, that will surely keep them competitive for a decade.  However, you *might* find one all-time great in this QB class and then a couple very good starters that keep you competitive, but can’t single-handedly carry a marginally talented team beyond .500.  For SURE, that is better than what the Bills have had for a long time, but go look at the Chargers’ record for the last decade when they’ve had a very good, but not HOF QB.

27 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It's not looking good for a trade up, I can see the Browns, Giants and Jets taking QB's. Cleveland has such good draft position this year. This draft could spring board their franchise. 

And good luck getting them to trade out of #4 if qb’s go 1-3 becuz that means they STILL get Barkley. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would be surprised if there is any team in the top 7 or 8 Beane hasn't spoken to. 

He speaks to how methocical he and McDermott are with their approach to how they operate, so that is perfectly plausible.