Again, bills HAVE called up to browns for first overall

38 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

True.

Could also be that they are using the Giants' and Browns' asking prices against each other

Beane: "hey, listen, gettleman, the browns want XYZ for the first pick, that's even less than what you told me for #2, so you willing to go lower than them?"

Great point! Makes sense

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billspro said:

I don't even care what the cost is, if we get Darnold we are going to may be in great shape for the next 15 years.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

If the Browns trade him, he’s sure to be good.

I couldn’t begin the imagine the nuclear meltdown from the fans in Cleveland if they trade away the #1 pick, yet again take a QB later. 

In that regard I don't think they care what the fans think tho.

45 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

True.

Could also be that they are using the Giants' and Browns' asking prices against each other

Beane: "hey, listen, gettleman, the browns want XYZ for the first pick, that's even less than what you told me for #2, so you willing to go lower than them?"

I don't think the Browns have an asking price.  

2 hours ago, ******* said:

Per Benjamin Albright . There was conflicting reports about this but he is 100 percent positive there have been talks to gage the price 

why is this such big news? Seems pretty obvious the Bills would be talking to teams drafting before them...and probably other teams as well

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

They could get the Bills to overpay for 1 and then trade up from 4 to 2. Giants know their position player will be there at 4 because first 3 picks are QB so it would be win win for both teams

What a jumbled mess....

38 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think the Browns have an asking price.  

I agree

I was just spitballing

It's also good that if you want #2 and the Giants might want to trade, this could make them jump on it thinking they might lose the trade partner

1 hour ago, Iamkrgr said:

I have my doubts regarding the validity of this rumor but damn it would cost a lot to move to #1. 

We're talking almost everything from this draft as well as probably the 1st from next years. Who knows what else they would want. 

If this were to happen Beane better get it right in terms of QB. If you get the right one its all worth it. Either way i don't see this happening. Browns don't need more picks. 

Well, and that's the thing. To me, it basically sounded like Albright had heard Sal had said it didn't happen.  He was simply reaffirming what he said last week in that the Bills had called to gauge interest. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

I know where the other reports came from.  Where did Albright say this, though?

Wgr sports talk saturday

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

It's very possible Giants want 12, 22, 53, 65 and next year's 1st. So Beane would be wise to ask Cleveland if they would do that for pick 1 to gauge the market. You never know. It's been rumored that Cleveland has Darnold and Allen rated pretty closely so they might be happy with Allen plus a ton of picks.

I guess it's good we aren't running the team bc this wlda been approved 3 weeks ago lol

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Not even sure I would pay that for 1 overall.  If I'm the Bills, I think my limit is 12, 22, 53, 65, and 2019 2nd.

As has said before, w the 1 year ahead devaluation and everything that goes into talks... if it came down to this and both parties said 'ok, done deal but that #2 has to be #1...' is that really going to prevent and be the sticking point from getting the guy you love (assuming it's not Darnold)?

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

why is this such big news? Seems pretty obvious the Bills would be talking to teams drafting before them...and probably other teams as well

Slow day and who doesn't like another excuse to argue about what the Bills should or shouldn't do??

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

In a way seems like draft might go this way lol

I've been saying it since they traded Tyrod to the Browns and the Browns GM said he would listen to offers for the pick. I'm convinced #1 is in the bag. 

The argument the Browns have to take a QB at #1 is weak. History is on my side. Browns have been trading out in the past. The Browns are good at losing and getting high picks and that's all they proven. They didn't win a single game last year and people think it's a well run football team just because they have #1 and #4. 

Edited by Lfod

4 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I've been saying it since they traded Tyrod to the Browns and the Browns GM said he would listen to offers for the pick. I'm convinced #1 is in the bag. 

The argument the Browns have to take a QB at #1 is weak. History is on my side. They have been trading out in the past. 

The argument is weak? They were 0-16 last year and have Tyrod Taylor as their qb. 

It’s the strongest argument in the world. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The argument is weak? They were 0-16 last year and need a qb desperately. 

They traded a 3rd for Tyrod. They have a QB. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/04/cleveland_browns_trade_down_fr.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/browns_trade_down_from_no_2_to.amp

History is on my side. 

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/browns-open-to-everything-with-no-1-pick-including-a-trade/amp/

Oh and that to. You think the Brows need to go QB. They say different.

“There’s a lot of things I can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey 

Edited by Lfod

8 minutes ago, Lfod said:

The argument the Browns have to take a QB at #1 is weak. History is on my side. Browns have been trading out in the past. The Browns are good at losing and getting high picks and that's all they proven. They didn't win a single game last year and people think it's a well run football team just because they have #1 and #4. 

You do know they swapped out the entire FO right?  The previous FO probably would have a price to trade down from 1 because analytics say that is the best option, but football sense says without a QB it doesn't mean much.  

I think they would be open at 4, but not at 1.

10 minutes ago, cle23 said:

You do know they swapped out the entire FO right?  The previous FO probably would have a price to trade down from 1 because analytics say that is the best option, but football sense says without a QB it doesn't mean much.  

I think they would be open at 4, but not at 1.

Haslam still own the team?