2019 QBs

If we don't get one this year we might be looking at these guys.

"Drew Lock is every bit as talented as any quarterback coming out of school," Trent Dilfer told 590 The Fan in December. "Josh Rosen. Sam Darnold. Baker Mayfield. Any of them."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765375-a-way-too-early-look-at-the-potential-2019-nfl-draft-qb-class

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it is a bad class. You are really hoping for a Mitch Trubisky type 1 year starter to emerge or else you might be looking at a 2013 esque class. 

More than likely, but it is always interesting to see  how it actually plays out. There is always some guy who drops while another arrives who wasn't even on the radar.

I like McSorley from Penn St., but he is another guy whom they will have the height debate about. He took a big step forward this past season with his accuracy and has generally improved every year. I will hold out on saying much else until I see how 2018 goes without Saquon Barkley in that backfield. 

I’m a big fan of Lock but it looks like a shallow class right now. There’s some intriguing small school guys though, like Easton Stick. Definitely prefer this year’s class but next year should be interesting too. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

"Drew Lock is every bit as talented as any quarterback coming out of school," Trent Dilfer told 590 The Fan in December. "Josh Rosen. Sam Darnold. Baker Mayfield. Any of them."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2765375-a-way-too-early-look-at-the-potential-2019-nfl-draft-qb-class

So you expect to kick the can down the road again,  you really would need to stink bad to draft him.  I say go all in this year and get either Rosen or Darnold,  Mayfield is bust just waiting to happen. 

30 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

I think Mason Rudolph would be the best QB in next years class.

EJ Manuel could be the best in next years class it's so bad. Next year's class is not a option IMO, it is either this year or when we have a new staff in 2020 or 2021 if this staff fails to produce these next 2 seasons with a Cincinnati backup QB.

IMO this draft either sets this staff up for the next 3 or 4 years or rips them down because of avoiding the most important piece to build around first.(QB) IMO a top drafted rookie QB this year will give them 2018-2019 easily with 2020 the goal to really have a breakout season but if they build the Whaley way of win now and avoid the QB position in round one I can see this staff losing flavor fast with fans.

We will have a idea how good of a chance they have once the first night of the draft is over IMO since we should know who our starting QB should be in 2019.

Edited by xRUSHx

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He neglects to mention the top draft-eligible 2019 QB prospect:  Justin Herbert from Oregon.  Book it.