Would you trade Leighton Vander Esch, DJ Moore, Rashaad Penny, and Mason Rudolph for Josh Rosen?

4 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

By saying this your calling Beane and McDermott idiots like Whaley and Rex. If that is the case then expect all your picks and next years to be traded for Allen and he will be starting in 2018.

If Whaley would have found a successful QB, we would have easily broken the drought.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

I'm torn because Rosen is my least favorite of the 1st round QBs (excluding Rudolph who I don't view as a 1st rounder at all) but I also don't like the Rudolph or Penny picks.

Well please tell me what it is you are saying?

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I wouldn't, and I hope Brandon Beane agrees.

And this is even a bare minimum of what it would cost to get to #2. Using the chart, #12 (Vander Esch), #22 (Moore), #53 (Rudolph), and #65 (Penny) get you to #2, but because of the Jets trade, you'll probably have to give up significantly more than that. Is Rosen (or your other preferred QB other than Darnold) better than Rudolph to the extent that you're willing to just not have Vander Esch, Moore, Penny, and some other high-impact player?

I am firmly in the camp of keeping our picks at this point. The Bills are in position to build a dominant roster. Let McCarron, Rudolph, and Peterman compete.

FYI: the available players came from the Fanspeak draft simulator using Matt Miller's board and the difficult algorithm.

No , Mayfield yes.

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Well please tell me what it is you are saying?

Rosen is their least favorite QB choice. However he is not a fan of the picks made by OP including Penny or Rudolph either, so this is a tough choice for him. AKA He would rather pick different players than the choices given.

Look at the cleveland- philly trade. I would rather have wentz just like i would rather have rosen.

We can fill our other holes later in the draft, in free agency, or next year. For once can we fill the gaping hole at qb

52 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Let’s make this easy. While I understand what you are trying to say, it comes down to this:

Do you believe you are drafting a Franchise QB who will be the answer for the next 15 years?

If the answer is yes, then you should trade every single other 250+ players in this draft for that player. 

Dude now you shooting straight.  I'd trade Emmett, LT, and Jerry Rice for Tom Brady in a NY minute.  Just sayin.

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

ABSOF**KINLUTELY YEAH! And if it helps I'd be all in on offering the Giants 12, 22 and next years #1 if that became necessary...

If Rosen/Darnold were available at #2 I'd do it in an instant... It is that important...

Hell - I'm even starting to warm to the idea of Josh Allen....

That wouldn't even come close to getting it done. Giants don't win this year with those picks and if they are quitting on Eli then they need Allot more not to take Chubb or Barkley. You admit this is so important to get Rosen (your not getting Darnold), so my friend is a Giants fan and they are set to draft their player, the only thing that gets this done is a top 10 pick, another 2 - 1st picks and a 2nd and a 3rd this year. So for the Bills that means going to 6, Indy wants our 12 and 22nd or a 2nd and a 3rd. OK done 12, 53 and 96 gone. Now Giants want 6, 2019 1st and 2020 1st, our 56th pick and 65. OK done. Bills have Rosen and 4th pick on, no 1st rounder again till 2021. Rosen starts, has too, 2nd most polished QB to come out since Luck. Bills go 6-10 and give top 10 1st rounder to Giants who pick a Qb like Rosen the following year. Bills struggle for 4-5 years and now Rosen has had 3500 yard seasons number 2 pick over all and wants out of Buffalo, get franchised at $30/mil a year. Buffalo has to cut a few players they had to buy in free agency because they have not had many players come in from the draft. Haven't been over 8-8 in a 5-6 years. No playoffs since Taylor, fans are livid and McBeane and McDermott are fired. Bills hire Rex Ryan to save us again and he goes gets Jackson a 5-6 year backup of Miami's to start for Buffalo.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

In a FN heartbeat.

Maybe in previous years, or even after the season ended, I might've been inclined to say no.  But last year, after receiving just a morsel of Buffalo Bills playoff football to chew on, and seeing what a team with an energetic, capable young coach can do, and a Front Office that clearly has a vision in mind and a well laid-out plan to do so, count me in the "get your franchise QB no matter what it takes" camp.

In a year very few people at OBD(and even fewer outside of it) predicted us to make the playoffs, we did it despite sub-par QB production and a slew of other shortcomings throughout the team.  I absolutely shudder when I think how far this team can go with a stud under center.  I have a great deal of faith in what Beane and McDermott are doing here, and I just don't see them doing everything they have done, and all the wheeling and dealing they have to just sit at 12 and take BPA. 

Come draft night, I have a great feeling I'll  be pleased with our pick, and that we WILL have Rosen or Mayfield....☺

7 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

That wouldn't even come close to getting it done. Giants don't win this year with those picks and if they are quitting on Eli then they need Allot more not to take Chubb or Barkley. You admit this is so important to get Rosen (your not getting Darnold), so my friend is a Giants fan and they are set to draft their player, the only thing that gets this done is a top 10 pick, another 2 - 1st picks and a 2nd and a 3rd this year. So for the Bills that means going to 6, Indy wants our 12 and 22nd or a 2nd and a 3rd. OK done 12, 53 and 96 gone. Now Giants want 6, 2019 1st and 2020 1st, our 56th pick and 65. OK done. Bills have Rosen and 4th pick on, no 1st rounder again till 2021. Rosen starts, has too, 2nd most polished QB to come out since Luck. Bills go 6-10 and give top 10 1st rounder to Giants who pick a Qb like Rosen the following year. Bills struggle for 4-5 years and now Rosen has had 3500 yard seasons number 2 pick over all and wants out of Buffalo, get franchised at $30/mil a year. Buffalo has to cut a few players they had to buy in free agency because they have not had many players come in from the draft. Haven't been over 8-8 in a 5-6 years. No playoffs since Taylor, fans are livid and McBeane and McDermott are fired. Bills hire Rex Ryan to save us again and he goes gets Jackson a 5-6 year backup of Miami's to start for Buffalo.

Let's just pin this down. You think to get to #2 the Bills need to give up:

A top 10 pick, 2 additional 1st round picks, a 2nd, and 3rd this year.

To get the top 10 pick you suggest it will take trading with the Colts and giving up:

12, 22, and a 2nd and 3rd.

So in total you think to move up to #2 it will take giving two teams:

5 1st round picks

2 2nd round picks

2 3rd round picks

I mean you just aren't in the same reality. Philly going from #8 to #2 in 2016 throws all of that in the trash.

Edited by What a Tuel

1 hour ago, slaphappy said:

Problem is going to be would the Giants? They have a 53 year old QB that hasn't played that well in awhile. Maybe they are thinking the same thing? Eli to Rosen for the next decade might be too good to pass at any price.

Ah come on Bills need a QB, your telling me the Giants with a old QB wouldn't draft a dime a dozen players over a franchise QB to help Eli win one more Superbowl. Giants owe us for a loss with our franchise QB losing to Jeff Hostetler. They owe us Bills fan this trade!!!!

1 hour ago, slaphappy said:

I was thinking QB's going 1-2-3 was not realistic when I first heard it. After thinking about it Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield kinda doesn't seem that far fetched.

I'm hoping you are right and they aren't really thinking about it. I really do.

Click your high red ruby heels 3 times wish for youth.

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

How well has Indy done with Luck now 1st over all pick?

How well have the eagles done?

They didnt even trade up for luck, they had the first pick. The problem is that luck has been hurt and the team they put around him. Are you saying they shouldnt have drafted him and traded down or something

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I will say whoever they think is THE QB, heck yeah! Get the QB then build. You do NOT win the grand prize without the QB. 

Hey, if AJ turns into Garrappolo, you trade him for a kings fortune.  Billy B gave him away to screw Kraft, I think. 

Hmmm, did Kelly win a Superbowl, I do remember Brees doing it, Wilson, Brady, Big Ben a 11th pick, Rodgers at 17, Foles 3rd rounder, come on help me out. Oh by the way Kelly was a 14th pick with 3 QB's selected ahead of him, even Tony Hunter a TE the Bills drafted. Eli one of few that do it but he is no prize, not worth giving up all your picks. Not even seeing a Luck in this draft.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Least Buffalo guy? 

You mean like Jim Kelly? The guy that  played college ball in Miami, refused to sign with the Bills and went to another league to get away. 

The guy that was dragged kicking and screaming to Buffalo, became our greatest qb of our franchise, brought us to 4 Super Bowls and went to the HOF? 

Yeah I hate that kind of guy. 

I would take a Nick Foles and a Super Bowl win. I love Jim and that team, what we know, but they lost. Isn't winning the Superbowl what it is about. Or is it about the journey? Maybe the journey is earning the 1st pick, needing to suck for a few years and earning to draft a franchise QB. Bills fans want so bad they are willing to FORCE the plan forward. You do not win trading up to draft 1 player over 4-5 team players. 

2 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Hmmm, did Kelly win a Superbowl, I do remember Brees doing it, Wilson, Brady, Big Ben a 11th pick, Rodgers at 17, Foles 3rd rounder, come on help me out. Oh by the way Kelly was a 14th pick with 3 QB's selected ahead of him, even Tony Hunter a TE the Bills drafted. Eli one of few that do it but he is no prize, not worth giving up all your picks. Not even seeing a Luck in this draft.

The problem with this argument is that you leave out all of the 11th, 17th, 3rd rounders, 6th rounders that weren't successful. 

DXkLTuxVQAET7y2.jpg.html

DXkLTuxVQAET7y2.jpg

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Let’s make this easy. While I understand what you are trying to say, it comes down to this:

Do you believe you are drafting a Franchise QB who will be the answer for the next 15 years?

If the answer is yes, then you should trade every single other 250+ players in this draft for that player. 

Hows Flacco working out