Which Narratives From The Bills Fanbase Do You NOT Subscribe To?

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills put themselves in a position to capitialize of the “miracle” play.  If they lose to Miami or Kansas City, they don’t even have a chance.  My point is, if everyone used an asterisk next to teams like that, we wouldn’t get very far.  Give the Bills credit

Your point is you have no idea what you are talking about because the two situations are not the same.

YOU are making up your own "narrative" and trying to justify it with another situation that isn't even remotely similar.

Teams "back into the playoffs" all the time.

The chargers were a hotter team than we were, but dug too big a hole earlier in the season.

I would bet that if you asked and NFL GM about who they would have played in the wild card: 2017 "3 point, Cincinnati miracle, tyrod Taylor led" Bills or the "Joey bossa qb eating and Phil Rivers led" chargers, every single GM and coach would say they would rather have faced the bills.

You sound like you're WHINING about the 2017 Bills barely making the playoffs and not getting enough respect.

Maybe you should scroll up and take your own advice about whining on another board.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The Bills put themselves in a position to capitialize of the “miracle” play.  If they lose to Miami or Kansas City, they don’t even have a chance.  My point is, if everyone used an asterisk next to teams like that, we wouldn’t get very far.  Give the Bills credit

For me - it’s the difference between a playoff team that’s a true championship contender vs the next tier of a half dozen teams that are separated by a funny bounce or rolled ankle. Whether you are the 6th seed or the 8th seed doesn’t drastically change my view of a team most years 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

For me - it’s the difference between a playoff team that’s a true championship contender vs the next tier of a half dozen teams that are separated by a funny bounce or rolled ankle. Whether you are the 6th seed or the 8th seed doesn’t drastically change my view of a team most years 

Thats fine.  I will agree that the Bills were in that second tier of playoffs for sure.  But like a lot of teams there, they got a few lucky bounces there way.  That’s why I don’t buying into the “backing in” argument.   It happens to a lot of teams

38 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Your point is you have no idea what you are talking about because the two situations are not the same.

YOU are making up your own "narrative" and trying to justify it with another situation that isn't even remotely similar.

Teams "back into the playoffs" all the time.

The chargers were a hotter team than we were, but dug too big a hole earlier in the season.

I would bet that if you asked and NFL GM about who they would have played in the wild card: 2017 "3 point, Cincinnati miracle, tyrod Taylor led" Bills or the "Joey bossa qb eating and Phil Rivers led" chargers, every single GM and coach would say they would rather have faced the bills.

You sound like you're WHINING about the 2017 Bills barely making the playoffs and not getting enough respect.

Maybe you should scroll up and take your own advice about whining on another board.

Again I think you need to read a little closer to what I wrote Mr. Southern Tier.  

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Thats fine.  I will agree that the Bills were in that second tier of playoffs for sure.  But like a lot of teams there, they got a few lucky bounces there way.  That’s why I don’t buying into the “backing in” argument.   It happens to a lot of teams

It happens all the time- not just 6 seeds either. We’ve seen division champs skate in with luck or circumstance 

Again, why I’m saying I don’t think simply getting in is that big of an accomplishment or the 7 that much of a failure. I’d obviously rather land 6 and have a shot than 7 and be home but don’t think I change my evaluation at all based on whether cincy completes that pass

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Again I think you need to read a little closer to what I wrote Mr. Southern Tier.  

I read it three times.

The bills backed into the playoffs.

Their situation was nothing like the tuck rule pats.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

And those teams also "back into the playoffs"

Darryl Talley was a grat player.  He was a B- player who played behind the greatest DE in NFL history.  He missed more tackles in SuperBowl XXL than any other player and was the second reason they lost the game.  He just was never that great and does not deserve a spot on WOF.

Marv Levy was a great coach. He was a very good coach but not a HOF coach. He is the number one reason they lost SuperBowl XXL. He didnt control the players during the week and let Kelly keep throwing. Thurman would have had 250 all purpose yards had he told Kelly to stop.

12 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

The 2017-2018 Bills "backed into the playoffs" and were lucky to get in. 

Many teams have gotten into the playoffs and even won the Super Bowls thank to fortunate situations.  No one goes back and says "yeah the Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2001 but they were lucky because of the tuck rule."  I could rattle off countless scenarios.  Could have. Should Have. Would Have.  Get over it.  

I'll even requote your original post.

pretty much EVERYBODY agrees they got lucky with the tuck

I'm honestly sick of fill the holes and wait on a QB. We didn't load up on draft picks this year to sit tight and watch what could possibly be one of the best draft classes at QB go to waste while we have two backup QB's on the roster. Anyone who thinks Beane isn't moving up hasn't been paying attention. We are moving up deal with it and pray it is for the right guy.

13 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

THE AUDACITY of a member creating a thread in a message board.

100% agree with that sentiment. Everybody's getting PO'd don't realize it happens literally every off season. Plus bad threads get bumped down immediately so how does it directly affect their lives

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Simmer down

It was a joke because he posted his silly thread earlier this week about the topic of catching flack for starting too many threads. 

Gotcha. That's been my crusade of the week. My COTW