The Backup Plan....

Scorp83

1 hour ago, slaphappy said:

Who you taking if the Giants won't trade at any price?

Exactly, you have to plan for the worst case scenario. Hopefully we are able to trade up for a franchise QB but if we can't we need to find a prospect in the second round that has some starting traits.

4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

A trade partner for the Bills seems non existent for the moment. Then if we do have a partner, teams are trying to fleece us for almost everything we have. So what's out end game here??? 

Beane gets canned because he let the Jets jump up to #3 and got boxed out. McD gets canned becuase he said he could win with Tyrod and passed on Watson & Mahomes and talked the team out of trying to trade up for Trubisky. We then get to hire a HC and GM again in the next 3-4 seasons and we rinse and repeat...

Edit: That isn't a back up plan - it is the actual truth in regards to what will happen...

Edited by Reed83HOF

My back-up plan would be trade down from 12 for a late 1st or early 2nd this year and a 1st next year, and trade a 2nd for another 1st next year.

Draft BPA at 22, Draft Rudolph or White in Round 2, and keep enough draft capital going forward that next time we don't miss out when a potential franchise QB becomes available in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Lfod said:

Ill ask you this. Would you make moving up in the draft plan A if you really thought no one will trade with you? 

This is a good question... I don't think it is plan A... I do think they want to trade up... but they need a partner... & it doesn't look like they have a trade partner

52 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

I would rather draft both Jackson at 12 and Rudolph at 22 than giving the farm to trade up to 2.

Hmmmm ?

1 hour ago, MtlBillsFan said:

I would rather draft both Jackson at 12 and Rudolph at 22 than giving the farm to trade up to 2.

Well I can't argue with that. It wouldn't upset me if that's how it end up.

5 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

This Draft is probably the most interesting Draft I've seen in recent years & I've been watching football for while. The hype to move up is bigtime... but has anyone considered the Bills possible backup plan. It doesn't seem like the Giants will move out of 2... & the Browns are noted by plenty of beat reporters to not move out of 1 & 4... the 3rd pick is a wrap. 

A trade partner for the Bills seems non existent for the moment. Then if we do have a partner, teams are trying to fleece us for almost everything we have. So what's out end game here??? 

Take Ridley at 12? Roquan Smith at 12? I doubt if they trade out of 12. Then Mason Rudolph seems like there guy. Look... I can spit out who I want them to take... it's nice to want things. But I want to know what could be the backup plan?

I think they love Darnold... but know he's going 1st overall... Quiet, mild manner, deep in faith, all about the team... is Derm kinda guys... the only guy I think that matches those intangibles is Rudolph, but he just isn't as talented as Darnold. Do you take him at 12?

I'm getting to the point, that trading up the draft is fools gold right now. 

Any thoughts?

Oh... Here's another interview on the QB's, if you haven't got a chance to listen yet. Enjoy!

3-23 Schopp and the Bulldog Hour 3 - Eric Galko   http://www.wgr550.com/media/podcast/schopp-and-bulldog

Rudolph in the second

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Nick Foles - god help us.

Heck No! Ill... yuck....Why?!?!

8 hours ago, swnybillsfan said:

just from what i have gathered about the mcbeane collaborative...i think they have several plans. i think they have many combinations of possible player options with assigned values, weighted by position and impact. but i believe all of these moves will be predicated on how well they fit into "the process". they have to add more to the team than just talent. i believe this draft is integral to the core of the team moving forward. they are looking for the futere leaders of the buffalo bills. the heart and soul of the next generation of championship contenders.

I like this post