Report: Bills Release DE Ryan Davis

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

True, but they don't have much left.

Davis played pretty good and a 1.275 cap hit is not big.

If they think that Trent and Odighizuwa signing are good enough, then maybe why not cut him.

What would be your reason?

Odi is unproven and an unknown.

I also expect a restructure of some one or two.

Bills still have NO WRs worth noting.

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Here comes Chubb!

Haha, be crazy but not un possible

11 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Really surprised. He was really good towards the end of the season. Much better than Yarborough

Yeah he played well........it's surprising.

The mention of suspension makes sense............also he has a bad knee that he was battling thru last season.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

True, but they don't have much left.

Davis played pretty good and a 1.275 cap hit is not big.

If they think that Trent and Odighizuwa signing are good enough, then maybe why not cut him.

What would be your reason?

Whats the perk of doing it today? If Murphy tears an ACL in the gym tomorrow- would you feel the same?

until the minute a guy is signing that requires either the dollars or the roster spot you may as well carry him 

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Whats the perk of doing it today? If Murphy tears an ACL in the gym tomorrow- would you feel the same?

until the minute a guy is signing that requires either the dollars or the roster spot you may as well carry him 

I will repeat myself for the third time.

I am not defending the move at all, I just gave a reason that Beane might be thinking!

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I will repeat myself for the third time.

I am not defending the move at all, I just gave a reason that Beane might be thinking!

Say it 8 times. You may not be personally defending it but you shouldn’t be surprised when you post a possible explanation and you receive a response that doesn’t agree with the take. It’s not like i burst in insulting you but simply said if you have the rights to a guy there’s no reason to move on until it’s accomodating another move. 

Weve had this discussion a few times with other decisions Beane made (firing the scouts and then rehiring a few for instance).

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Say it 8 times. You may not be personally defending it but you shouldn’t be surprised when you post a possible explanation and you receive a response that doesn’t agree with the take. It’s not like i burst in insulting you but simply said if you have the rights to a guy there’s no reason to move on until it’s accomodating another move. 

Weve had this discussion a few times with other decisions Beane made (firing the scouts and then rehiring a few for instance).

Ok.  To clarify myself, don't think I'm some "Beane can do no wrong" fan.

You asked about Murphy and an injury.

I feel the same way about Dawkins.  If he goes down and Bill's put in Newhouse, God help whoever is throwing the ball.