looked at updated roster

They gave up Glenn to move up to #12. Keep an open mind. One thing that is certain, this staff will move on from players and roll with what they have over any status quo imposed on them. We didn't have a lot of things last season either and still made the playoffs when everyone predicted the sky was falling.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

They have better team than last year:

QB Mccarron is the same as TT at least and the draft will be an upgrade for shure

RB same starter better backup

WR They will draft 1 and i think they can add a FA like MACLIN that will make look at the wr not so bad

TE same

OL only change wood for groy all is almost same

DL much much better

LB milano will  be much better, they will draft a MLB in round 1 that will be better than brown

CB change ganes for davis is an upgrade, they can still resing L Jonhson for cheap and have same unit as last year that was good

S they have better depth now.

Overall i think from last year there is not any position will be worst, i think with this DL the defense will be top 5, with macarron is a 10 wins team if the rokie qb is the next matt ryan you can go to the sb

Watkins - Benjamin

Woods - Jones

Goodwin - ???

Taylor - McCarron

Wood - Groy / Bodine

Glenn - Dawkins (hole at RT)

Dareus - Star

Preston Brown - ???

Zach Brown - ???

Gilmore - White

Darby - Davis

NRC - ???

Graham - Poyer

Aaron Williams - Hyde

That's the turnover we've seen from the "starters" since the beginning of 2016.  Other than the secondary and possibly Taylor to McCarron, everyone else is a talent downgrade.

This is a re-build on the fly. They are tearing it down while also keeping the team competitive with modest contracts and young players. The plan actually makes a ton of sense until you wind up making the playoffs by accident. Which was awesome and I wouldn't trade it for a higher pick. 

I just hope that Pegula stays patient. I think getting him that young blue chip quarterback is a great way to buy more patience. 

This team needs a quarterback and a Mike. We needed a defensive tackle, a corner, and a center as well and we got them. Yes there are other needs, but that's all depth. I don't give a crap if deonte Thompson goes to the cowboys or not. 

Quarterback of the offense and quarterback of the defense. Those things are not on this team yet and those two decisions will make or break this regime. 

23 minutes ago, bufrock j said:

did anyone notice how many holes and lack of talent their is ? only safety ,tight end ,and halfback seem ok,  no way we trade up to two ,especially with no cap money left  

In fairness, a lot of molding is yet to come. It's only march and the 2nd week of FA.

41 minutes ago, bufrock j said:

did anyone notice how many holes and lack of talent their is ? only safety ,tight end ,and halfback seem ok,  no way we trade up to two ,especially with no cap money left  

The lack of talent on this roster right now is really scary. It looks like Cleveland's roster from 2017, but with a secondary, minus a couple talented CB's. Even our backfield is suspicious with only a pair of 30+ yr old RB's and a couple dumpster dive backups. Clay had his worst season in a while and Benjamin was banged up. McCarron hasn't proven thyat he can be a solid NFL starter yet. Our OL and DL are weak and the LB corps is the weakest unit of all. Even our punter sucks LOL.

I think this could very well be the year we tank. I hope we draft a QB in 2019 if we can't get one of the top 4 this year. We'll have a lot more cap space too, so at least there's that glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by GreggTX

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This team needs a quarterback and a Mike. We needed a defensive tackle, a corner, and a center as well and we got them. Yes there are other needs, but that's all depth. I don't give a crap if deonte Thompson goes to the cowboys or not. 

Quarterback of the offense and quarterback of the defense. Those things are not on this team yet and those two decisions will make or break this regime. 

We got camp bodies that happen to play at positions of need, not solutions.

30 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Watkins - Benjamin

Woods - Jones

Goodwin - ???

Taylor - McCarron

Wood - Groy / Bodine

Glenn - Dawkins (hole at RT)

Dareus - Star

Preston Brown - ???

Zach Brown - ???

Gilmore - White

Darby - Davis

NRC - ???

Graham - Poyer

Aaron Williams - Hyde

That's the turnover we've seen from the "starters" since the beginning of 2016.  Other than the secondary and possibly Taylor to McCarron, everyone else is a talent downgrade.

And we still have no idea if McCarron IS an upgrade over Taylor if we're going to be honest about it.

48 minutes ago, bufrock j said:

DOOOOOMED!!!