Well that Seals it Josh Allen # 1 over all

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Marino and Farve in an arm talent and 3 years of college exp.   Are the outliers why he is going top 10 5.  You may not think he has a special arm.  Again, jeff george would be a bust as well.  So idk what made you so upset, but before his senior year Mario was sup 60% as well.

Comparing college QB production from the early 80s to today is not smart. 

In 1982, ONE college QB passed for more than 3,500 yards. 

In 2017, NINETEEN guys did it.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Comparing college QB production from the early 80s to today is not smart. 

In 1982, ONE college QB passed for more than 3,500 yards. 

In 2017, NINETEEN guys did it.

I get it.  People in NFL see that kind of arm.  If he goes top 5 that is why  He has a high probabilty of busting.  If he doesnt hes incredible.  He is 50/50 great subpar.  His ceiling is what I said.  Because his probabilty of Busting i wont trade up for him, i do understand why a team would take a chance on him. 

Edited by Mat68

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Allen can be Marino? 

Wow, please step away from the computer. 

Did you say Marino could be Staubach ? 

25 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I get it.  People in NFL see that kind of arm.  If he goes top 5 that is why  He has a high probabilty of busting.  If he doesnt hes incredible.  He is 50/50 great subpar.  His ceiling is what I said.  Because his probabilty of Busting i wont trade up for him, i do understand why a team would take a chance on him. 

So do I and I can see him backing up Keenum for a couple of years in Denver.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Same guy seen in photos with his dad wearing all Pats gear? 

Excuse me me if I don’t swoon. 

Yep, same impressionable kid. 

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

List of NFL prospects coming out for each QBs school for 2018 and 2019. (offense only)

Sam Darnold: 6

Josh Rosen: 5

Baker Mayfield: 6

Lamar Jackson: 3

Mason Rudolph: 5

Josh Allen: 0

Food for thought;  if people say an NFL franchise QB makes the players around them better, wouldn't this be true in college also?  I'm not necessarily knocking Allen but I don't think the number of prospects should be used like some people do to diminish what the other QB have accomplished.

Everyone knew he'd have a good pro day & combine before either happened!

It's rarer for a QB to NOT have a good pro day than to have one, considering they control & setup all the entire event. It's all a well choreographed show, and not even close to representative of being in-game.

On the field, he's nowhere close to that good.                         

6 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

List of NFL prospects coming out for each QBs school for 2018 and 2019. (offense only)

Sam Darnold: 6

Josh Rosen: 5

Baker Mayfield: 6

Lamar Jackson: 3

Mason Rudolph: 5

Josh Allen: 0

Why don't you go back & look at what teams are in his division, and who he played against.

Here's a hint, the other teams in his conference had the same types of players on their roster too, yet he still couldn't beat them or put up monster numbers!

When all your competition has the same level of players, your excuse can't be "I have nobody around me to work with, that's why I'm bad!" The response to that is "well so did everyone else!"

Josh Allen is Fools Gold.

Has a bigtime arm and prototype size but hardly anything else. Does he check the boxes required to be a franchise QB . Let's see.

Positives

✔ Big Cannon arm capable of making any throw with ease. 

✔Played in Pro style offense at Wyoming 

Negatives doesn't throw with consistent

❌ Accuracy

❌  Touch 

❌  Timing 

❌ Anticipation 

❌  Under Pressure 

❌  Awareness 

Now if this was a finals exam i would have to say he's failing with a F grade. Yes he passes the arm strength test but otherwise he doesn't do much else with consistent success.  Jamarcus Russell once had the greatest pro day of all time let's not be fooled by the fools gold that Josh Allen is. 

• Like (+1) 2

Wyoming QB Josh Allen reportedly "dazzled" at the Cougars' Pro Day on Friday, and afterwards NFL Network's Mike Mayock suggested Allen is more naturally gifted than Eagles QB Carson Wentz.

Allen has drawn some Wentz comparisons in the scouting community. Both are big, athletic, strong-armed passers, and Allen played for the same coach Wentz did at North Dakota State. "From a physical talent perspective, this kid is a better athlete with more arm talent (than Wentz)," Mayock observed.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer says Allen "alleviated concerns about his 56.2 completion percentage at Wyoming and kept himself firmly in the conversation for the Browns' No. 1 overall pick." The Browns sent a full contingency of owner Jimmy Haslam, GM John Dorsey, coach Hue Jackson, assistant GM Eliot Wolf, and OC Ken Zampese to watch Allen's workout.

Mar 23 - 3:21 PM

This guy is the wild card of this draft. he could be the 1st QB taken or the 4 or 5th QB taken. No one knows. He has the biggest ceiling of any QB, but his floor is the lowest. Only time will tell. The guy needs coaching and work and time to grow.  I’m a fan and I would love to see the Bills select him. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm in the minority here, but I like Allen and think he can be a good if not great QB at the NFL level. Folks say you can't teach throwing mechanics at the NFL level but I disagree. You change patterns with repetitive work and maybe his change is minor. Pro golfers do it all the time - look at how many times Tiger Woods has changed his swing. Matthew Stafford has made the adjustment just fine and improved his accuracy. 

I'd rather have the humble farm kid from the small town with the big upside than Baker Manziel ( I need a reality pre-draft show), or Josh "Hot Tub" Rosen who's a big head hit from being out of the league, or small hands whirlybird Darnold who has not played much in crappy weather. 

Edited by Looper

36 minutes ago, Looper said:

I'm in the minority here, but I like Allen and think he can be a good if not great QB at the NFL level. Folks say you can't teach throwing mechanics at the NFL level but I disagree. You change patterns with repetitive work and maybe his change is minor. Pro golfers do it all the time - look at how many times Tiger Woods has changed his swing. Matthew Stafford has made the adjustment just fine and improved his accuracy. 

I'd rather have the humble farm kid from the small town with the big upside than Baker Manziel ( I need a reality pre-draft show), or Josh "Hot Tub" Rosen who's a big head hit from being out of the league, or small hands whirlybird Darnold who has not played much in crappy weather. 

The Bills don't even have a real QB coach...

18 hours ago, HansLanda said:

What did we all know before the combine? 

The best guy in shorts will be Josh Allen.  

What do we see on game tape?

Uh, lots of question marks. 

I don't think he was even close to being the best guy in shorts. 

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Bills don't even have a real QB coach...

This scares me. We've known that we need a qb. Make trades to get ammo so we have opportunity to trade up and we're gonna have a wr and tell coach develop him. Wtf

It's ludicrous, but if the Browns have Darnold and Allen close, they should take the guy they have first at 1 and if they guy they have second is available at 4, take him too.

Best case, they are both good and you are trading one for a mega-ransom.

Medium case, one is good and the other either isn't or doesn't get a chance to show much, and you are still trading him for something, but you have a franchise QB.

Worst case, they both bust, but you are getting fired anyway.

19 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

After watching that pro day he is the best and no one can touch that pro day. This kid is a generational talent. Bills must try and move up and get him. 

I don’t know about moving all the way to the one spot , but how bout this 

Maybe Cleveland will take Peterman and will swap the 12 for the 4 , 

( I’m serious ?‍♂️)