Well that Seals it Josh Allen # 1 over all

Allen is great for all of the short, intermediate and especially deep outs for the controlled stuff. For such a killer arm and a staged event, the super deep throughs were not really on target. I think this guy can have success and I do believe he will need a QB whisperer for 2 years. The statements that he lacks anticipation reminds me of Tyrod and the other QBs outside of the top 12 of the NFL. I am leaning towards Mayfield a bit at #12, but I can see how scouts get excited on the potential.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Name one QB that has failed because he can't play in cold weather. Peterman has a notoriously weak arm and he looked his best in the snow game. This is a totally meaningless thing to scout.

i thought he looked decent but the play where he got injured was probably the dumbest

thing ive ever seen a qb do.

A few thoughts:

Allen is going in the 1st round, like for sure!

IMO where he goes will make or break him.  IMO if u flip A. Rodgers and A. Smith their situations would be the opposite...with Rodgers not working out and Smith being very good in GB.  My point is if the Steelers take Allen and he sits behind Big Ben a year or two and takes over a good team he will do well...If he goes early to a bad team and gets thrown to the wolves it will not work out well for him.  I believe this has been the case for years now...with most QBs.  Again just my opinion.  Look at Jimmy G and Matt Cassel (spelling?) in NE. 

The Bills just need to get it right...they also seem to be in a good position, if they don't sell the farm to move up...again IMO!

Go bills!

1 hour ago, stony said:

Did anyone else hear Mayock cream himself multiple times?

You could definitely tell that was forced. The guys been hyping Allen way more than he should’ve been all offseason. 

I would spend nothing more than a later second rounder on that kid. 

I dont know how people can get get so hyped over this kid. Reminds me of the Nassib hype from the board a few years ago. 

Sell the farm, get the real deal. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Did he complete more than 56% of his passes? Because he can’t seem to do that when it counts. 

“But the cast around him”

Nice excuses tho. Good QBs make those around them better. Josh Allen seems to be getting the Jake Locker treatment with this excuse of lack of talent around him. Or how Allen has massive features. Sounds like Ryan Mallet. Or his athletic ability should help him overcome his accuracy issues, like Tim Tebow. 

If Kyle Williams can have a great college career and slide into the 5th round, so can Josh Allen. Kyle Williams isn’t a QB you say? Neither is Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Did he complete more than 56% of his passes? Because he can’t seem to do that when it counts. 

“But the cast around him”

Nice excuses tho. Good QBs make those around them better. Josh Allen seems to be getting the Jake Locker treatment with this excuse of lack of talent around him. Or how Allen has massive features. Sounds like Ryan Mallet. Or his athletic ability should help him overcome his accuracy issues, like Tim Tebow. 

If Kyle Williams can have a great college career and slide into the 5th round, so can Josh Allen. Kyle Williams isn’t a QB you say? Neither is Josh Allen. 

2 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

List of NFL prospects coming out for each QBs school for 2018 and 2019. (offense only)

Sam Darnold: 6

Josh Rosen: 5

Baker Mayfield: 6

Lamar Jackson: 3

Mason Rudolph: 5

Josh Allen: 0

Deny it all you want, but the no supporting cast argument has some salt to it. Allen also took the most snaps from under center, he will be the best QB in the draft. More talent than anyone else this year, by far.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Deny it all you want, but the no supporting cast argument has some salt to it. Allen also took the most snaps from under center, he will be the best QB in the draft. More talent than anyone else this year, by far.

Ha, no. not even close. 

I feel like a lot of the older folks like Allen. Maybe because he looks like the all-American boy next door? Idk, I just don’t understand the love. 

How does any fan of the Bills ever want to take a guy with obvious accuracy issues? Have we not had enough of that? 

If theres one thing a qb has proven they can’t learn its to be an accurate passer. You have it or you don’t. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Rosen has a completion percentage of 63% when facing the blitz. That's the best QB in the draft.

While Allen certinaly has everything physically you could ever dream of in a QB, it's been proven time and time again that it isn't easy to fix a guys mechanics. In fact, it's damn near impossible. And any flaw will be exponential at the NFL level. Sloppy mechanics and poor decision making will not be easy to fix going from the competition at Wyoming to the NFL.

6 hours ago, dbflaBill said:

I live out of town I will buy you a large pizza and 20 wings if Allan goes in the top 10. Believe me its not happening. 

First you say he won't go in the 1st round then all of a sudden it's not in the top 10. Need a neck brace for that whiplash ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hes going to be Jeff Goerge or Farve, Marino.  Hes unique in the way that Joel Embid has not play basketball that long but can do things most guys cant.  Allen wasnt an elite 11 recruite.  He was playing baseball.   Now that he is with Qb coach, same one as Darnold, he has improved his footwork in a way your mind wanders to what will he look like in 12 months with NFL coaching, training, and talent around him.  If he has the fortitude and the drive he could be great.  He could be ehhhh.. with that arm ehhhhhh is a 10 year career starting and back up.  

Edited by Mat68

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Hes going to be Jeff Goerge or Farve, Marino.  Hes unique in the way that Joel Embid has not play basketball that long but can do things most guys cant.  Allen wasnt an elite 11 recruite.  He was playing baseball.   Now that he is with Qb coach, same one as Darnold, he has improved his footwork in a way your mind wanders to what will he look like in 12 months with NFL coaching, training, and talent around him.  If he has the fortitude and the drive he could be great.  He could be ehhhh.. with that arm ehhhhhh is a 10 year career starting and back up.  

Allen can be Marino? 

Wow, please step away from the computer. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Allen can be Marino? 

Wow, please step away from the computer. 

Marino and Farve in an arm talent and 3 years of college exp are the outliers why he is going top 10 5.  You may not think he has a special arm.  Again, jeff george would be a bust as well.  So idk what made you so upset, but before his senior year Mario was sup 60% as well.

Edited by Mat68

3 hours ago, stony said:

Did anyone else hear Mayock cream himself multiple times?

Mayock is obsessed with big, strong, mobile, rocket armed QBs. 

He always gets suckered in on physical attributes and often just completely ignores the game tape. 

Every year he says Player X had an unbelievable pro day and he's moving them up the board.

He's really not a good scout at all when it comes to QBs.