EJ Gaines Signs with the Browns for 1 Year at $4M

in fact the only thing letting me sleep at night probably would have been the bills draught . . . and now i'd probably be drinking at the edge of some high rise roof

Just now, Doc said:

The Bills definitely could have afforded him. I guess they really didn’t want him back. 

think they just already signed a guy.  he was probably looking for more before free agency

12 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

in fact the only thing letting me sleep at night probably would have been the bills draught . . . and now i'd probably be drinking at the edge of some high rise roof

think they just already signed a guy.  he was probably looking for more before free agency

McCoach has said before that availability is #1 ...

Gaines is a very good CB when he's on the field. Problem is, he isn't on the field enough to pay him top $$$.

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We signed some guys. But i'm pretty sure we're going to lose more than we signed when it's all said and done.

You know where i'm going with this...

That 7th round compensatory pick that will change the fortunes of this Western NY team ?

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to EJ Gaines Signs with the Browns for 1 Year at $4M
8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

4 mil, that's it?!  That's ridiculous that we didn't re-sign him.  4 Mil is a splash in the bucket for the way our defense played with him on the field. 

Huge thumbs down Beane

Agreed.

Hell he could have been used in trade to Browns for pick#4 also.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

As are sands in the hour glass, these are the days of our lives........ Comp pick here we come

:huh:.......... They have drafted in the top 10 how many years in a row now? They traded away picks that ended up being? I wouldn't say that just yet. 

Dorsey"s 1st year there.

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

4 mil, that's it?!  That's ridiculous that we didn't re-sign him.  4 Mil is a splash in the bucket for the way our defense played with him on the field. 

Huge thumbs down Beane

They seemed to prefer Vontae, and both want to play outside. EJ is on a one year deal and will start in Cleveland on the outside (he’s their #1 CB now) and not so much in Buffalo.  It’s not just about this year. He’s a young guy. It’s about next FA as well. He’s much better positioned for a bigger deal next year than he would have been playing #3 CB in slot here. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ouch.  That hurts.  1 year 4 mill.  Really pissed that we didn’t make that happen. Still love me some Beane, but he’d really be a great piece.  Eager to see the plan at nickel.  Johnson made some really nice plays last year but was also really exposed   I was hoping for an upgrade.  I’d expect a CB to be drafted eithin the first 4 rds

• Like (+1) 1