EJ Gaines Signs with the Browns for 1 Year at $4M

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Barkley. 

The guys running the team have never valued the RB position like that.  Barkley's pass catching ability increases his value, but it's also likely they are fine with Hyde / Duke Johnson at RB.  Guard is likely the strongest position on their team with Zeitler / Bitonio, so that rules out Nelson.  They could be in play for Chubb but might never see him.  I think they are a real candidate to trade down.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Randall is moving to safety and they need a corner. I will say that this signing maybe makes they more likely to trade down from 4 because they have less needs. They need a defensive tackle and their is no value at 4. There is at 12 though

I just don't understand how they could trade down for more picks..they have 4 in the top 35 now, 7 in the top 101, and 12 overall

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I just don't understand how they could trade down for more picks..they have 4 in the top 35 now, 7 in the top 101, and 12 overall

Trading down to 12 doesn't preclude you from trading back up throughout the draft as players you have high on your board are available.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Trading down to 12 doesn't preclude you from trading back up throughout the draft as players you have high on your board are available.

Yes this. I could also see them using the extra capital to get more picks next year. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to EJ Gaines Signs with the Browns