Was breaking the drought worth it?

Was breaking the playoff drought worth it considering how much draft capital we nee to burn now to get our QB of choice?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Breaking the drought will end up being very expensive in terms of draft picks if we do trade up. Should we have tanked instead?

• Was totally worth it to break the drought.
    • Not worth it, we could have vastly improved whole team and gotten our QB if we tanked.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

By then yes it was too late. To summarize my posts from last year it was "let's trade everyone" then "ok they traded some but not all so I'm not happy" and then halfway through the year they had beaten Atlanta and some other teams and at that point we aren't getting a top pick so might as well enjoy it. But knowing all along we are screwing up our chances at getting a top QB. We still could (although not looking good now) but we are going to have to give up a TON of picks to do so. 

Please feel free to find my posts from before the season where I said let's trade Tyrod for a 3rd, Shady for a 2nd, Sammy for a 2nd. The rest would have worked itself out.

Backpedaling like Rex and Rob Ryan tandem mountain biking uphill. Impressive work.

Hey this is not the LAPD, we know evidence when we see it. Message boards don't lie.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Seriously!!! Does anyone know what 4 teams have gone longer than 5 years without making the NFL playoffs?  Everyone could guess the Browns but without cheating could they get the other 3?  Doubtful.  Further that the Lions haven't won a playoff game since 91 or the Browns since they came back to the NFL?  The Bills got themselves off of the top of one of those lists in a coaches first season and hopefully get themselves off the second list this year!

I'm gonna guess

Jets

Bears

Tampa Bay

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm gonna guess

Jets

Bears

Tampa Bay

If you didn't cheat - great job! Those are the 3.  I guess I wasn't surprised when I found it but it was more "yeah that makes sense" than "I knew it!"

If you did cheat - deny deny deny :lol:

Just now, section122 said:

If you didn't cheat - great job! Those are the 3.  I guess I wasn't surprised when I found it but it was more "yeah that makes sense" than "I knew it!"

If you did cheat - deny deny deny :lol:

I didn't cheat. 

I just knew the Jets thanks to the mighty Rex D picking off Fitz twice in the 4th quarter.  

The Bears have stunk for quite some time now, seemed like a good guess.

I also knew from prior research that the Bucs haven't made it since they drafted a franchise QB high (Winston) 4 years ago.  Good guess they didn't make it the year before either.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted yes. Gives the team some credibility. Gives the new staff some credibility. Shows me they can take a team strip it down some and take it farther then it went before. Did you see Kyle Williams and the entire room when the team made the playoffs? You want that to not exist because of your feelings?

A strange kinda fan. You would rather the team not win so they can pick a better QB to win with like its 100% guaranteed. It would not guarantee us the QB of the future and a Playoff birth. Strike while the irons hot!!! Piss or get off the pot!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

i never gave a crap about breaking the drought just to break the drought when entering the season everyone was expecting it be a great draft for QB’s. 

We we all saw it coming. 

Did you watch the game?  Did you watch the end of the Bengals ravens game?  Do you remember how you felt?  If you answered breaking the drought wasn’t worth it, you just don’t get it and that sucks for you 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did you watch the game?  Did you watch the end of the Bengals ravens game?  Do you remember how you felt?  If you answered breaking the drought wasn’t worth it, you just don’t get it and that sucks for you 

Get chills thinking by about it. Watched it with a buddy who's a huge Ravens fan. Too Sweet.

5 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

i never gave a crap about breaking the drought just to break the drought when entering the season everyone was expecting it be a great draft for QB’s. 

We we all saw it coming. 

ok, you asked...now, man up to it and recognize 90% of the (still young) poll thinks different to your point...;)

1 hour ago, Eric Moulds on my A** said:

Get chills thinking by about it. Watched it with a buddy who's a huge Ravens fan. Too Sweet.

That feeling was worth it.  We would’ve never gone 0-16, so the 1st pick was never going to happen.  We’re in a position where we might be able to get the 2nd pick and the QB we like most.    It may cost more, but that feeling is worth some draft picks in my world 

Or for !@#$ sake. Are you kidding me? 

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? 

Get the !@#$ out of here. 

“The longest active playoff drought in the four major sports.” Nope. 

!@#$ this thread. 

I’m thankful for the auto-filter. Because !@#$ this thread. 

So your saying that the team should not have made the playoffs for better picks to have a chance to get into the playoffs? Twilight Zone de do de do. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1