Was breaking the drought worth it?

Was breaking the playoff drought worth it considering how much draft capital we nee to burn now to get our QB of choice?  

250 members have voted

1. 1. Breaking the drought will end up being very expensive in terms of draft picks if we do trade up. Should we have tanked instead?

• Was totally worth it to break the drought.
    • Not worth it, we could have vastly improved whole team and gotten our QB if we tanked.

I'm sorry, this is a ridiculous question and topic.

Did you not watch any of the videos of fans (and players) celebrating the playoff berth?   The organization and fan base needed that to happen more than anything else.

They have the capital and resources to go get a QB.  Stop with the nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This theory would basically mean this years QB class is guarantee they'll be franchise level.

Wouldn't it have sucked worse if we didn't break the drought and we drafted a bust?

My answer is yes...it was worth it because we can't predict the future.  Win now always.

That’s why I put TBD at the top.  We will look back on it once we see how things play out and I feel be able to have a better understanding of it’s worth.

32 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I think breaking the drought and giving the fans something to be proud of for the first time in a long time was worth it. On the other hand playing over our heads cost us in this upcoming draft. Kyle Williams locker room reaction was worth it.

I lost a bet and had to change to a Carson Wentz profile pic.  When it was time to change back I googled Bills and this image popped up.  The locker room video is my favorite Bills highlight maybe of all time.  Seeing that weight come off of Kyle's shoulders and watching the pure joy he shared with his kid?  Simply amazing.  Best day/week as a Bills fan since I was a kid.

14 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

I haven't watched a Sabres game in years. And it kills me because I was a fanatic about the Sabres when I was a kid. It's just hard to watch anymore.

Finally was able to start watching the Lakers again this year.  Sucked so bad to see my second favorite sports team not even try to compete for years on end.  NBA is my second favorite sport overall so I still watched but I missed having the Lakers in the discussion...

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd be ecstatic to listen to talk and discussion about an 18 year old gorilla hanging around the neck of the Buffalo Bills. 

Seriously.  This place has turned borderline unbearable and that is WITH making the playoffs.  There is so much whining, so many unnecessary threads, and so much left over BBFS.  If they missed the playoffs it would be even worse!

• Thank you (+1) 1

If you reframed the question, Would you rather be at 21 or 4 in the first round?,  you might get some different answers.

Woohoo, I jumped around for a couple minutes and talked smack at work for a week. Then we lost in the wildcard. THAT was enjoyable.

I’d rather have the fourth pick in every round. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

We could have easily tried to tank and have all the teams needing QB's still in front of us.  If you would give up the feeling you got when the drought ended for a 9%-12% better chance of landing a good-great QB, please stop watching sports.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

8 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

I haven't been that excited in years. It was worth that 10 minute family jump-around the living room slapping each other alone. (don't judge :lol:)

I picture an episode of the 3 Stooges...

But duh, of course it was worth it. 

Just now, section122 said:

Seriously.  This place has turned borderline unbearable and that is WITH making the playoffs.  There is so much whining, so many unnecessary threads, and so much left over BBFS.  If they missed the playoffs it would be even worse!

I have a theory about why this is.  Most TBDers dreamed of breaking the streak by first tanking for a couple of years.  Then get that golden armed franchise QB on a young team and roll into playoffs and advance.  That didn't happen. Instead out team played over it's head with an unpopular QB and squeaked in.  

I always thought when the Bills finally broke the drought fans would be happy and optimistic,  Guess not.

I don't care. I LOVE IT as is!

Not worth it.

There's no such thing as tanking in football, but there are total rebuilds and we should have implemented one.

12 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I would have rather had the chiefs suck.  Does that count?

Hah!!! I like that idea.

Edited by Thurman#1