Willie Snead

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, no compensation though. The Saints can match but if they don’t you don’t give anything up.

Thanks, no compensation is huge as I wouldn't give any up for him.  He has upside and fills a need.

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m of the belief that he can be an asset to the Bills. I know that he isn’t the fastest guy but is a good receiver and the Bills still needs quality players. Snead is coming off of a down year but can be an upgrade for the Bills. Thoughts??

We are desperate for WR's ,  I am all in on giving anyone with potential a shot. 

Much less Snead, who is young and has been productive in the past. Bring him in!!

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think he is good Kirby. He is slow and small and I think he really is the product of the Saints offense. He is at best a 4/5 imo. 

He did spend some time with the Panthers on their practice squad, so McBeane would be familiar. 

I think his game speed is well-beyond his 4.6 Timed speed (He routinely gets behind defenses), but I don’t know how he fits on the Bills.  Would much rather have Butler.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m of the belief that he can be an asset to the Bills. I know that he isn’t the fastest guy but is a good receiver and the Bills still needs quality players. Snead is coming off of a down year but can be an upgrade for the Bills. Thoughts??

How do you have a down year with Drew Brees?

serious question 

24 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I feel like the Saints didn't even give him a chance last year. He started the year off with a suspension, and it took a long time before they even gave him a healthy dose of snaps.

I think it had more to do with him being the 5th or 6th best target on the team.

Thomas is a clear WR #1, Kamara was a breakout pass catching star, Ginn and Tommy Lee Lewis give you a vertical threat Sneed doesn't, Coleman gives you a big body Sneed doesn't and Hill emerged as a TE who can stretch the seam and give some matchup trouble.  

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like Snead. I also like his teammate Coleman's size. But we really need speed. Brice Butler is my top choice for Buffalo. Excellent size/speed combo. I feel like Snead would be almost like a Jarvis Landry in our offense in having a bunch of catches for not enough yards. 

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

serious question 

He only had 16 targets.

7 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I like Snead. I also like his teammate Coleman's size. But we really need speed. Brice Butler is my top choice for Buffalo. Excellent size/speed combo. I feel like Snead would be almost like a Jarvis Landry in our offense in having a bunch of catches for not enough yards. 

Snead has averaged 13.2 ypr in his career. Landry was at 8.8 last year.  Coleman is a really frustrating player because he has a lot of ability but the production doesn’t match. Butler would be a nice add as well. The Bills are just so incredibly thin at WR thought that it was worth the conversation. 

34 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

serious question 

When their philosophy changes and they have the two RBs they have including OROY....add in Michael Thomas taking the lion's share of the passes and you've got a down-turn in production.

Not a big fan but trying to put all things into perspective.

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Thought the Ravens brought him in 

He visited there yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

I think this is the issue, because this is what we need, but are there any real speed options left?

Butler probably. The Bills don’t just need “a” guy though. They absolutely have the worst pass catchers in the league. If they are going to bring in a young receiver they better bring in some guys that can make plays.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ive always liked the guy but I think maybe Brees and the scheme he was in made him look better than he actually was