Bills very interested in rudolph

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A once in a lifetime aberration isn't a great way to justify a massive reach for a QB that we've seen before with Losman and Manuel.

If 32 professional NFL GMs were wrong about Brady I think it is possible you are wrong about Rudolph.  Maybe that is what the poster is trying to say.  They are saying it isn't a reach not that it's ok to reach.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep. They like him. They don’t love him, though. But, might need to settle and hope for the best. 

I don't disagree.. but that burns me. They MIGHT have an opportunity to get a guy the LOVE and are willing to settle for like. As I've said, an investment in 'like' might be just as likely to get you fired as going for LOVE and busting. To me, it's why I think they should go for broke on someone they believe in and LOVE

9 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I know that Rudolph played in a weaker division but his stats were off the charts and he didn't finish a lot of games because they benched him a lot due to their huge leads.  I would love to land Roquan Smith but I don't see him getting past the Raiders due to Gruden's love affair of the kid, or we could hopefully land Tremaine Edmonds if R Smith is already taken (finger's crossed). 

Then land Mason Rudolph and then pick up Rashaad Penny later in the draft - another small school kid with a super high ceiling. 

I would love to use all of our draft capital and not trade it away, the only way I would be OK with us trading it away is if we end up with Rosen. 

Let's Do This Buffalo!!!!!

Someone posted statistics about how the QBs performed against Top 30 Defenses and Mayfield and Rudolph played the best by far.  Although it was flawed it got me to start researching Rudolph and I like what I see. 

Edited by formerlyofCtown

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If Mason Rudolph gets drafted in the first round I will shove a parking cone up my ass and waddle through the rv lot singing the theme song to Growing Pains

Get your Vaseline ready.

9 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

In general

Thanks for the tip, but it won’t be necessary 

TMI

9 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

At best, that would be the 4th or 5th most interesting thing happening in the RV lot on any given Sunday. 

I think it's possible someone has already done it.  Someone may have drank beer out of it afterwards

7 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'll say this: if you start anywhere from a position that a 6'5" guy built like a brick shithouse, who has among his best traits being able to throw the ball long ...

has a weak arm? ...

check your premises. I'm sure Mason Rudolph has a big enough arm to play in the NFL, and beyond that who knows.

Best deep ball in college football.  Does need to build arm strength over time.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PIZ said:

Could replace the table smashing at tailgate parties.

At the end someone needs to powerbomb him through a table.  I'm sure someone will volunteer.

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I am definitely willing to eat crow. I have before. I just hope all of the Rudolph lovers come back and admit they were wrong when his career goes the way of Bryce Petty and Landry Jones and see how ridiculously illogical they sounded here.

If I am wrong, I will gladly admit my mistake. Somehow I feel the Rudolph lovers will not be willing to admit their mistake. 

not willing to lodge items where they don't belong and sing though huh.

• Haha (+1) 1

...McBeane wisely widened the gap between picks from 21/22 to 12/22...back to back gives him 15 minutes on the clock to swing a deal....my wild hunch is that he stays put at 12 and has Plan A and 1-A in mind for his QB pick(s).....if one is gone, he takes 1-A....if both are gone, he may go OL/DL or DL/OL (perhaps LB in the mix) with 12 and look to 22 for the Rudolph kid, perhaps safe yet unsexy.....OR...he trades out of 12 if Plan a and 1-A are BOTH gone to a lower 1st looking to pick up another 2nd.....Rudloph still is in play unless he looks to the next tier of Falk, Lauletta, White, etc.....who the hell knows?...........

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He doesn't know.

I would say he knows more then you brah. 

Plus, his insight checks out. There's been some good sources, that have said the Bills scouts & Beane have attended alot of his games this season. So if you can't back up "He doesn't know" then I gotta go with his insight.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

The only way the Bills are interested in Rudolph is due to necessity and the Jets ruining their plans.

Rudolph (or anyone outside of the big 3...yes, I'm not counting Josh Allen) was always going to be around, and the Bills were building & preparing since last draft to pick their guy THIS draft.

They were obviously planning on Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield, and then with the offseason moves they've made, positioned themselves to move up & grab them. 

The Jets ruined that, so NOW they're interested in Rudolph or Jackson.

I think if you switched Allen and Mayfield you might be on to something. Granted I don't know, but the workout is the only time we have heard Baker linked to the Bills. Allen on the otherhand..

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...McBeane wisely widened the gap between picks from 21/22 to 12/22...back to back gives him 15 minutes on the clock to swing a deal....my wild hunch is that he stays put at 12 and has Plan A and 1-A in mind for his QB pick(s).....if one is gone, he takes 1-A....if both are gone, he may go OL/DL or DL/OL (perhaps LB in the mix) with 12 and look to 22 for the Rudolph kid, perhaps safe yet unsexy.....OR...he trades out of 12 if Plan a and 1-A are BOTH gone to a lower 1st looking to pick up another 2nd.....Rudloph still is in play unless he looks to the next tier of Falk, Lauletta, White, etc.....who the hell knows?...........

What do I know... but I can't imagine him negating the jump he traded Glenn for even if it's for other lower picks. Almost seems counter productive

4 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

I would say he knows more then you brah. 

Plus, his insight checks out. There's been some good sources, that have said the Bills scouts & Beane have attended alot of his games this season. So if you can't back up "He doesn't know" then I gotta go with his insight.

So wait.  A sideline reporter for the Cowboys knows that the Bills have interest in Rudolph?  :lol:

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So wait.  A sideline reporter for the Cowboys knows that the Bills have interest in Rudolph?  :lol:

You do know he's not talking about the Dallas Cowboys right...? ??

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oklahoma State Cowboys  :lol:

So as a sideline reporter... you think he doesn't know who's in the stadium? Who's scouting who? So I guess Sal Capaccio is just a sideline reporter that doesn't know squat about the Bills huh?

?

Just now, Scorp83 said:

So as a sideline reporter... you think he doesn't know who's in the stadium? Who's scouting who? So I guess Sal Capaccio is just a sideline reporter that doesn't know squat about the Bills huh?

?

I hope the sideline reporter will be a guest again so he can relay the entire Bills' draft board. :rolleyes: