Bills very interested in rudolph

12 minutes ago, T master said:

Personal opinions vary but the kid is in the top 5 QB's in the draft so if he's top 5 not sure that is a huge reach ! At 12 Jackson may be a better pick if still there .

Now EJ on the other hand was a huge reach !! 

Seeing as a 6th round QB became the GOAT none of us know how these QB's will fair in the future ..

A once in a lifetime aberration isn't a great way to justify a massive reach for a QB that we've seen before with Losman and Manuel.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A once in a lifetime aberration isn't a great way to justify a massive reach for a QB that we've seen before in Losman and Manuel.

What are you talking about, I think that we should trade our picks every year so that we own all the 6th round picks.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Smith will probably cost an extra 3rd to jump the Raiders but I would be all for that. Part of me wonders if getting him has been the plan all along, and the supposed connections to the top 3 QBs has been a smokescreen.

By moving up the board Beane is putting himself in a good position to have more options. He might be more willing to make a lesser move up if a qb or other positional player he wants is more reasonably attainable. What happens if Mayfield or Allen slips? I know you are not a proponent of Allen but he falls within the GM's preferred profile. My point is that where they are now compared to where they were before the Glenn trade they are in a good position to pivot and pursue a variety of options. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

After watching the Oklahoma St./Iowa St. game the other night I kind of believe what  Chris Trapasso is saying.  Rudolph in that game displayed some very important traits of a successful QB.  Mobility within the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield and stepping up into the pocket in the face of pressure and great ball placement, I saw all of that from him in that game and Iowa St. had a good defense this year.  

I feel like NFL scouts are too wowed by the great athletes at QB sometimes and get lost in the arm strength.  Scouts like to see prospects do things most other prospects can't at the QB position.  The fall in love with that and forget the body of work and lack of success a particular prospect may have had at the college level.  I understand that James Washington allowed them to do things on offense that they wouldn't otherwise be able to do, but I still like the traits I see in Rudolph.  I would much rather have Rudolph at 22 than trade up for Allen.

I plan on watching his bowl game this weekend versus Virginia Tech who had the # 21 ranked pass defense in college.  He had great stats in that game but I want to take a closer look.  The scouts are often wrong.  Not one scout saw anything in Tom Brady.  Marino was 6 of 6 QB's taken in the first in 1983.  Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, the list goes on and on of successful QB's that NFL scouts didn't think was worth a high pick.

For me, I would be very happy if the Bills went Rudolph at 22 and grabbed another QB they like in the 3rd or 4th round, like the Redskins did with RG3 and Cousins.  Wouldn't you rather have Rudolph and Lauletta at less of a cost than Josh Allen.  I think I would.  Now Allen will be the next Roethlisburger and I'll look like an idiot.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I know that Rudolph played in a weaker division but his stats were off the charts and he didn't finish a lot of games because they benched him a lot due to their huge leads.  I would love to land Roquan Smith but I don't see him getting past the Raiders due to Gruden's love affair of the kid, or we could hopefully land Tremaine Edmonds if R Smith is already taken (finger's crossed). 

Then land Mason Rudolph and then pick up Rashaad Penny later in the draft - another small school kid with a super high ceiling. 

I would love to use all of our draft capital and not trade it away, the only way I would be OK with us trading it away is if we end up with Rosen. 

Let's Do This Buffalo!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That has been rumored for quite some time. However, I don’t think he’s #1 on their board. Otherwise they would not have already traded up to 12. 

I don't know if that's right. the way they are going and the all the teams that want one this year I think 12 is right where you want to be

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that he is not the Bills primary guy. But I do believe that if the price is too high to move up that selecting him with their second first round pick would be a good fallback position. In many ways he fits the Beane prototype for a qb. A pocket passer who has the physical attributes he prefers. Rudolph may not be a dynamic qb with an eye popping brand of play. But in my eyes he can be a legitimate franchise qb. If this isn't the type of qb that appeal to Buffalo it is the type of qb that appeals to the Steelers. 

Yolo, it is time to show some grace. Although it is against your nature it would be appropriate for you to congratulate the Michigan fans for their victory in the tournament. You need to go against your reactionary nature and be generous in spirit to the Wolverine victors. Just do it!

Agreed, I think Rudolph is a strong possibility for the Bills.  No trade up would allow them to get Rudolph, LB, WR, And still have 2 picks in 3rd (including the first one).

Alternative looks to be Rosen/Mayfield/Allen and maybe have a 3rd round pick left (maybe also losing a 1st or 2nd next year, too)

I hate the 12th spot if we aren't moving up. I don't think Smith is there anyway. You'd have to move up again.

The Blue Chip guys are gone because there are maybe 6 and you end up over drafting guys like Rudolph.

The staying at 12 is a "hope someone falls to us" strategy.

Edited by horned dogs

Starting to think only 2 QB's go top 5 and that's because Jets panicked and traded up to 3.  With no other trades into top 5 which is totally possible, my guess is 1. Darnold; 2. Chubb; 3. Mayfield; 4. Nelson; 5. Barkley.  Building a good OL for Darnold is more important than taking a win-now RB.  

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would be a horrid reach and prove that the Beane doesn't understand draft value.

Yeah, the consensus is it would be a considerable reach.  Still a reach at 22, but not so much.  I know some guys have him rated like a fourth rounder.  I don't quite get that.