Bring in Eric Reid

On a recent trip, I sat next to Eric's grandfather..  Phenomenal man.  PhD in psychology.  International traveler and education ambassador.  Very tied to LSU.  Eric's dad was an NCAA champion hurdler at LSU.  They are a great family. Really impressive.  Grandpa calls Eric after every game with a critique. 

I'd be all for this.  I think he would get 50-60% of the snaps as a hybrid LB/SS and the Bills would not likely need a slot corner because Hyde could slide down in 3rd and long.  Eric has a great skill set and he fits the McBeane mode.   Wouldn't mind drafting Justin either. 

I think McD doesn't see much difference between corner and safety in his scheme...this might be a fit.

Edited by JoeF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JoeF said:

On a recent trip, I sat next to Eric's grandfather..  Phenomenal man.  PhD in psychology.  International traveler and education ambassador.  Very tied to LSU.  Eric's dad was an NCAA champion hurdler at LSU.  They are a great family. Really impressive.  Grandpa calls Eric after every game with a critique. 

I'd be all for this.  I think he would get 50-60% of the snaps as a hybrid LB/SS and the Bills would not likely need a slot corner because Hyde could slide down in 3rd and long.  Eric has a great skill set and he fits the McBeane mode.   Wouldn't mind drafting Justin either. 

I think McD doesn't see much difference between corner and safety in his scheme...this might be a fit.

I think he'd be a great fit in a hybrid LB/S role.

6 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’ve heard of him, therefore he’s a must sign

He's very good. He also is refusing to drop his asking price and is insulted that teams think they can "offer her a below market contract" because there hasn't been much demand for his services. Vaccaro is pretty much doing the same thing refusing to drop his price, that's why there are good safeties sitting around unsigned. We're not paying 7M+ to another safety when we have 2 pro bowl caliber ones.  

• Like (+1) 1