My Buffalo Bills 2018 Mock Draft choices for us

39 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Interestingly enough, that's actually not true. We, as a group, have generally liked players that have turned out to be good. A few notables were being essentially unanimously against Maybin and preferring Orakpo, skipping EJ for anyone, and trading up for Khalil Mack not Sammy. 

We don't get diamonds in the rough right, usually our late round envy is for media hyped guys, like Griffin, etc. 

You forgot that the consensus was to select Ngata over Whitner.

9 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Trade (done on draft day) - 9 Pick:   Bills select Rowan Smith MLB (Bills pass on Baker here) by trade with SF for 12 and 3rd round(65), Raiders are after Smith.

22nd pick: Bills select Mason Rudolph QB, backup would be Jackson

Trade (done before so Giants get RB) - 34th pick: Bills select Leighton Vander  Esch MLB (Pittsburg gets Evans)  by trade with Giants for Lawson, 3rd pick (96) and 2019 4th round 

Trade (done on draft day) - 35th pick: Bills select DJ Moore WR by trade with Browns for 2019 1st pick and 2018 4th pick (121)

Trade (done on draft day) - 47th pick: Bills select Billy Price G/C by trade with Cardinals for 53rd pick, 5th round pick (166) and 2019 5th round pick

56th pick: Bills select Luke Falk QB

Done: Give up next years 1st, 4th and 5th round. 

Horrible waste of capital.  Just no way.  If you are giving up that much - you had better get a top flight QB and then you compound he mistake by drafting 2 mid tier QBs.

Now we have 4 QBs on the roster - 2 rookies that are no where near ready, a 5th round pick from last year with littl experience and AJ - what is the plan keep all 4 on the roster or are you getting rid of last year pick and wasting that capital also.

If they move up - it had better be for QB not MLB or even worse - trading next years 1 for a WR.

Sorry - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but goodness- I hope this is way off.

6 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

You can't make these miserable bastards happy so don't even try. If Beane listens to us he'll be the next Ex GM of the Buffalo Bills.

I do this for fun but listen to allot of sports talk. Because of the odds of finding a real franchise QB the best shot if a consensus QB is there would be with the 1st pick of the draft. Unless your willing to give up all your picks this year and your top 3 next it will not happen. Your just as likely if you keep selecting QB's every year high enough to land one good enough over a 5 year period. Course if you can't evaluate properly your screwed, Bills of course have been falling in this area. I like Beane and can't wait to see what he will do. I also believe McCarron can be good enough, not a savior but win. He proved that in college.

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Horrible waste of capital.  Just no way.  If you are giving up that much - you had better get a top flight QB and then you compound he mistake by drafting 2 mid tier QBs.

Now we have 4 QBs on the roster - 2 rookies that are no where near ready, a 5th round pick from last year with littl experience and AJ - what is the plan keep all 4 on the roster or are you getting rid of last year pick and wasting that capital also.

If they move up - it had better be for QB not MLB or even worse - trading next years 1 for a WR.

Sorry - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but goodness- I hope this is way off.

Fine but show us what you would do. Because you say Rudolph and Falk are mid round QB's don't make it true. Both have everything to win as a pocket QB with good stats in college to go with it. I believe no matter what, McCarron starts in 2018. I believe Bills will carry 3 QB's and the reason 4 are there is for competition, may the best man win! That is how you find the best players, not by moving up selecting high on one player and say, here's the keys. Maybe the only one worth that is Darnold and we are not getting him.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 8:04 AM, Rochesterfan said:

New Updated Mock draft for Bills:

Pick 12 Mayfield QB, if Miami takes him then Smith MLB will be choice.

Pick 22 Moore WR

Trade: Pick 32 Esch MLB or Evans MLB, whoever falls. Philly gets Lawson and our 3rd pick (96).

Pick 53 Lauletta QB, Bills need a fall back for Baker and love his football smarts, NE wants this guy too, win win!

Pick 56 Price C/G falls torn peck, Bills have time to wait because of Groy.

Pick 65 Pettis or Chard WR, whoever falls

Pick 121 Duke Dawson CB

Pick 166 Faulk QB, this is the year the Bills are going to find their QB of the future. He will end up on the practice squad, huge arm and accurate, just not mobile.

Pick 187 Ian Thomas TE

On 3/23/2018 at 8:04 AM, Rochesterfan said:

Fine but show us what you would do. Because you say Rudolph and Falk are mid round QB's don't make it true. Both have everything to win as a pocket QB with good stats in college to go with it. I believe no matter what, McCarron starts in 2018. I believe Bills will carry 3 QB's and the reason 4 are there is for competition, may the best man win! That is how you find the best players, not by moving up selecting high on one player and say, here's the keys. Maybe the only one worth that is Darnold and we are not getting him.

4 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

New Updated Mock draft for Bills:

Pick 12 Mayfield QB, if Miami takes him then Smith MLB will be choice.

Pick 22 Moore WR

Trade: Pick 32 Esch MLB or Evans MLB, whoever falls. Philly gets Lawson and our 3rd pick (96).

Pick 53 Lauletta QB, Bills need a fall back for Baker and love his football smarts, NE wants this guy too, win win!

Pick 56 Price C/G falls torn peck, Bills have time to wait because of Groy.

Pick 65 Pettis or Chard WR, whoever falls

Pick 121 Duke Dawson CB

Pick 166 Faulk QB, this is the year the Bills are going to find their QB of the future. He will end up on the practice squad, huge arm and accurate, just not mobile.

Pick 187 Ian Thomas TE

Baker at 12?  Lol.  

And if not Smith?  Still doubtful he’s there but possible.

Doubtful Vander Eshe or Evans falls to 32.  Evans slight chance. No chance for LVE

Lauletta I’m fine with if we don’t get a qb in rd 1.....but that’s a bad thing.

Price im fine with and he could fall to 53. Could also go rd 1

pettis or Chark rd 3?  Maybe Pettis falls.  Maybe.  Doubt Chark falls

dawson is fine with me

falk..... puke.  This is just stupid. So stupid.  We got Milano in rd 5 last year.....why would we want to draft Falk after already drafting 1 or 2 QBs and signing mccarron after drafting Peterman next year.  Bad pick

ian thomas I’m good with.  

Overall this is a tale of 2 completely different drafts.  We’d be very lucky if this were to occur....if baker fell to 12.  If he didn’t fall, this draft would be a failure with lauletta being the best QBs drafted.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Baker at 12?  Lol.  

Doubtful Vander Eshe or Evans falls to 32.  Evans slight chance. No chance for LVE

dawson is fine with me

falk..... puke.  This is just stupid. So stupid.  We got Milano in rd 5 last year.....why would we want to draft Falk after already drafting 1 or 2 QBs and signing mccarron after drafting Peterman next year.  Bad pick

Overall this is a tale of 2 completely different drafts.  We’d be very lucky if this were to occur....if baker fell to 12.  If he didn’t fall, this draft would be a failure with lauletta being the best QBs drafted.  

We are set with a lot of positions and QB is the one spot you could find value on the unknown. What else are you going to do with a 5th that might bring you a good backup. Falk has all the intangibles except mobility, on some boards he is rated 5-6 best QB. Having someone like him in throwing long forces all the other QB's to up their game. If not Falk you could pick White, Litton, McGough too. We need 4 QB's in camp and sorry after last year Peterman will be at the bottom of the list with a new OC. They are gonna like their QB's they drafted or brought in with free agency.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

https://thebiglead.com/2018/01/26/ranking-the-10-best-quarterbacks-in-the-2018-nfl-draft/

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/1/31/16952182/2018-nfl-draft-top-10-quarterbacks-ny-giants-darnold-rosen-mayfield-allen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/07/2018-nfl-draft-ranking-the-top-10-quarterbacks/?utm_term=.2b702496db84

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

10 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

We are set with a lot of positions and QB is the one spot you could find value on the unknown. What else are you going to do with a 5th that might bring you a good backup. Falk has all the intangibles except mobility, on some boards he is rated 5-6 best QB. Having someone like him in throwing long forces all the other QB's to up their game. If not Falk you could pick White, Litton, McGough too. We need 4 QB's in camp and sorry after last year Peterman will be at the bottom of the list with a new OC. They are gonna like their QB's they drafted or brought in with free agency.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

https://thebiglead.com/2018/01/26/ranking-the-10-best-quarterbacks-in-the-2018-nfl-draft/

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/1/31/16952182/2018-nfl-draft-top-10-quarterbacks-ny-giants-darnold-rosen-mayfield-allen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/07/2018-nfl-draft-ranking-the-top-10-quarterbacks/?utm_term=.2b702496db84

https://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-QBs.asp

Every team is set at a lot of positions.  We have more holes than every playoff team imo.   We drafted Milano is rd 5 last year and he’s not considered one of the positions we’re set at.  There are plenty of solid players in rd 5.  Ask Kyle Williams.  There aren’t enough reps in the QB room to develop all those QBs.  It’s just not a good idea imo.  We could use an additional CB, WR, Any OL position (the entire right side is trash), RB, safety, DT or LB. it just doesn’t make sense.  But w/e, it’s just 1 of 4739184839294747262616485 mock drafts 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Baker at 12?  Lol.  

dawson is fine with me

You guys are tough:

Pick 12: Edmunds, Smith or Evans (just has to be a linebacker)

Trade: Pick 18 Rudolph QB, Seattle gets Lawson, 53rd, 166.

Pick 22 Moore WR

Pick 56 Price C/G

Pick 65 Pettis WR

Pick 121 Duke Dawson CB

Pick 187 Ian Thomas TE

28 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

You guys are tough:

Pick 12: Edmunds, Smith or Evans (just has to be a linebacker)

Trade: Pick 18 Rudolph QB, Seattle gets Lawson, 53rd, 166.

Pick 22 Moore WR

Pick 56 Price C/G

Pick 65 Pettis WR

Pick 121 Duke Dawson CB

Pick 187 Ian Thomas TE

Rather trade up for a good qB instead of a bum

On 22/03/2018 at 10:09 PM, USABuffaloFan said:

Trade (done on draft day) - 9 Pick:   Bills select Rowan Smith MLB (Bills pass on Baker here) by trade with SF for 12 and 3rd round(65), Raiders are after Smith.

22nd pick: Bills select Mason Rudolph QB, backup would be Jackson

Trade (done before so Giants get RB) - 34th pick: Bills select Leighton Vander  Esch MLB (Pittsburg gets Evans)  by trade with Giants for Lawson, 3rd pick (96) and 2019 4th round 

Trade (done on draft day) - 35th pick: Bills select DJ Moore WR by trade with Browns for 2019 1st pick and 2018 4th pick (121)

Trade (done on draft day) - 47th pick: Bills select Billy Price G/C by trade with Cardinals for 53rd pick, 5th round pick (166) and 2019 5th round pick

56th pick: Bills select Luke Falk QB

Done: Give up next years 1st, 4th and 5th round. 

Excellent excellent troll job here. 

At least I HOPE it's a troll job. If not....please don't reproduce.:lol:

On 3/22/2018 at 10:37 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

I stopped once I saw Mason Rudolph. :sick:

I stopped a little sooner....at Rowan Smith. If we are so committed to move up, can we spell his name right? Or is there another Rowan Smith? :wacko:

• Haha (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, USABuffaloFan said:

I am fine with Jackson but no way he starts this year or next, he needs time to learn to be under Center. Might not even dress game days. Rudolph can challenge for starter, if he loses than Peterman and him can vye for backup. If Peterman loses he is gone and Falk is game day cut, need 3 QB's during a season.

Jackson has a better chance of dressing for game days than Rowan Smith ever will.