Breaking: no charges against Zay

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Remember Cyrus Kouandjio?

I enjoy that you find roger goodwill consistent. 

Or think that roger is unaffected by video going public

::ahem::WeAllKnewRayRiceKnockedHerOutCold::Cough::

Or know what cyrus brought to the league office - could he have had a prescription for something that went wrong? 

im not arguing he will or should but if he got hit with a game I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, smuvtalker said:

Very, very valid points.  

Yes of course, a skilled yet unpopular unknown LA magician made Zay's clothes disappear, then he started to attack Zay's bro's girlfriend but Zay's bro wanted that to happen so he tried to stop Zay from saving her. That's when Zay made a deadly football move (didn't see a move that good all season) on his bro and stopped the magician from attacking (hence the blood-curdling screams). Zay chased the magician to the exit where the culprit  broke a small foot-sized hole in the window, and did some magician-type-stuff and traversed the small hole to freedom. Zay, being the off-the-field-winner that McBeane drafted over Smith-Shuster and Kupp, tried to pursue the evil magician through the hole in the window. Alas, Zay, although he possesses the skills to rewind himself from an out-of-bounds-endzone-slide, could not magically pass through the window like the evil magician; cutting himself badly on the attempt as well as getting blood all over the walls in search of medical attention. Case closed.

Edited by Threedollabills
  • Haha (+1) 1

In this scenario, doesn't the property owner need to press charges for the property damage? Maybe they declined because they wanted him to get the help he needed, and/or he paid them for the damage.

Beyond the property damage, it sounds like he was arrested for his own safety.

It's not hard to see that it sounds like they came to an understanding that is best for all parties. Hopefully he gets whatever help he needs. I don't know why everyone jumps to "rich". Regular people get charges dropped all the time, especially for 1st time offences.

Edited by What a Tuel

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I enjoy that you find roger goodwill consistent. 

Or think that roger is unaffected by video going public

::ahem::WeAllKnewRayRiceKnockedHerOutCold::Cough::

Or know what cyrus brought to the league office - could he have had a prescription for something that went wrong? 

im not arguing he will or should but if he got hit with a game I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised. 

Fair enough.

27 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

Yes of course, a skilled yet unpopular unknown LA magician made Zay's clothes disappear, then he started to attack Zay's bro's girlfriend but Zay's bro wanted that to happen so he tried to stop Zay from saving her. That's when Zay made a deadly football move (didn't see a move that good all season) on his bro and stopped the magician from attacking (hence the blood-curdling screams). Zay chased the magician to the exit where the culprit  broke a small foot-sized hole in the window, and did some magician-type-stuff and traversed the small hole to freedom. Zay, being the off-the-field-winner that McBeane drafted over Smith-Shuster and Kupp, tried to pursue the evil magician through the hole in the window. Alas, Zay, although he possesses the skills to rewind himself from an out-of-bounds-endzone-slide, could not magically pass through the window like the evil magician; cutting himself badly on the attempt as well as getting blood all over the walls in search of medical attention. Case closed.

Your mother's an astronaut.

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No, but it is illegal to run around naked in public, smash a property's windows, and smear your blood all over the hall.

He did a lot more than just make a fool of himself. 

No it isn't. He wasn't in public. The windows were his own or his brothers and that is a civil matter if the tenant doesn't want to press charges. The stupidity on this board amazes me.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Not really.  It would have been a great catch but it should have been an easy touchdown with a better throw. 

I just watched the play 5 times.  I hate Tyrod, but he released this ball in the right spot.  Not sure why Say broke to the sideline for that ball.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Must have a good lawyer

There was no evidence.

Must be nice to be a spoiled football player.

Bill or not, whatever caused it, it's ridiculous he's not getting charged with anything.

Wrong. No laws were broken.

You're not a lawyer. I know it's fun just to ask questions and pretend that undercuts all proof, but it's not how it works.

It's pretty easy to connect the guy with all the cuts who had to be taken to the hospital is probably the one who smashed the windows on the 30th floor. This is just a rich kid getting off easy, if this was you, or me, or 99% of this society, we are getting charged.

You can pretend you know what you're talking about, but you have no clue. This was just an easy plea deal that saved the Sheriffs office money on not prosecuting and having trial costs, he I'm assuming offered to pay for cleaning costs and repairs, and the property probably wants this put behind them asap because this isn't really attractive to their clientele. And most don't want to deal with a trial.

But go ahead, ask your questions like you'd make a good lawyer. 

Just stop. You don't know how bad you sound.

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Well that’s good but doesn’t guarantee he is Scott free

No, he is free. NFL won't bother to discipline in this case.

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

GO to the end of video.  Tyrod releases that early.  Who was wrong?  Zay or Tyrod or both suck?

Donald Jones stated Zay should have ran his route deeper due to the safety staying in on the coverage when this first happened. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Must have a good lawyer

His bro (or who ever he assaulted) declined to press charges.

or they will pay off who ever owned the property they messed  up. Money talks.. especially when they know you play in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, mileena said:

No it isn't. He wasn't in public. The windows were his own or his brothers and that is a civil matter if the tenant doesn't want to press charge.s. The stupidity on this board amazes me.

Eh... maybe you should reread the article. I would guess it's a rental... the window he smashed was in a public balcony area, which required a public hallway to get to.

Also, rewatch the video... There's an exit sign, multiple doors, it's clearly a public hallway.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/20/zay-jones-arrested-nude-smashed-window-vandalism-buffalo-bills-player/

I'll keep saying what I'm saying... It's not really up to the tenant, it's more so up to the landlord... So yea... We're all idiots.I can't believe someone is going to say I'm wrong and say it's up to the tenant... But I'll agree, that landlord probably didn't want to deal with this if Zay paid for all the damage.

Your facts are so wrong.

1 hour ago, mileena said:

There was no evidence.

Wrong. No laws were broken.

You're completely wrong. I mean I'm not going to be your seeing eye dog. You think no laws were broken? Wow. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't, it is a guess. It's a deal that appears to benefit all sides. I'm not trying to make it look like anything. I don't really care what you or whoever thinks I know or don't know.

I do know that the majority of cases end in a form of a plea deal because it is least expensive to all parties involved and easier on prosecutors and defense attorneys, especially overloaded public defendents. Some people oppose this, others just see it as how the legal system can function. If everyone went to trial it'd be a disaster. 

But again whatever, why would I make this my thing to die on. I'm not claiming inside sources, or to be an expert, I do know a bit and this is my opinion. 

I also think he should have been charged, and someone of a lesser economic status wouldn't have been so fortunate.

Anyone who wants to come off like I'm claiming something can !@#$ off. It's an opinion.

Who cares if someone of lesser economic status wouldn't  have been so " fortunate"? Its the way the world works. 

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Who cares if someone of lesser economic status wouldn't  have been so " fortunate"? Its the way the world works. 

Because I don't think a football player should be treated any different than a homeless person off the street. 

You really don't see an issue in that? Just because he's bringing home 6 figures from the Bills doesn't mean he should be treated any differently in the legal system than you or me, or anyone else when it comes to pressing charges.

He's just a football player. Nothing special. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B