Giants Have Already Held a Private Workout with Chubb; Will Host him for Pre-Draft Visit

I think this may be due diligence. Though I think Chubb is one of the top 3 prospects in this draft, idk if the Giants moved one high priced DE to take a DE at #2. I still think it's Barkley, a QB, or trade out for them. 

11 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

It makes no sense for them to take Chubb at 2, IMO.

They are in a perfect position.  Either take a QB or trade out for a kings ransom.  I don't think Chubb is worth missing out on all the extra picks.

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think this may be due diligence. Though I think Chubb is one of the top 3 prospects in this draft, idk if the Giants moved one high priced DE to take a DE at #2. I still think it's Barkley, a QB, or trade out for them. 

A dominant pass rusher is quite desirable and harder to find.   Certainly more than a RB.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A dominant pass rusher is quite desirable and harder to find.   Certainly more than a RB.

I’m glad we didn’t pass on that Bruce Smith guy. 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If they like Chubb, the best way for this to work for both us and them is for us to somehow strike a deal with Cleveland at 4.

If we can get to 4, we can pretty easily get to 2.  Everyone knows we are taking a QB.  Everyone knows the Jets are taking a QB at 3.  So, we need to get to 4, call the Giants and tell them we are going QB for sure and then get them to trade with us to 4.  We get the 2nd QB off the board.  The Jets get the 3rd QB off the board, and the Giants still get Chubb at 4 along with whatever we trade them to move from 2 to 4.

This is a win for both teams.  Bills get their guy, the Giants get their guy, and both teams in the process screw over the Jets in some way.  It's a win for everyone.

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m glad we didn’t pass on that Bruce Smith guy. 

What a draft in 85. Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Frank Reich, Derrick Burroughs.

Time to get a 3 way trade going between Bills, Giants, Browns.