The new DNA at 1BD

"symbolizing success and selfless attitude on and off the field"

"Well respected in the program and scouts rave about his character"

"I love watching him on tape. You just know he wishes he were bigger so he could hit even harder."
"He earned his degree in only three years, however, so he transferred "
"You might as well throw out this year because the guy was in a ton of pain all year ...playing with braces on both arms at times"
"Tough, smart and hardworking with a throwback personality. Leader vocally and by example. Will hold teammates accountable and represent the program with class"
"mature leader. Smart and articulate. Highly competitive team leader -- holds teammates accountable."

The quotes above covers each of most of the newer players on the team. You can read between the lines the process is about establishing the culture, and the DNA of the New Bills. It shows up with players celebrating on the sidelines and when we trade away admittedly selfish, talented players like Sammy Watkins. 

You wind up missing on a lot of talent if you are committed to the process. You put yourself in a position where you simply won't overpay, because that is part of the process. You establish a value for everything and you stick to it. 

FWIW  ... here's some things that are being said about seven potential draft choices this year:

• "I'm still kind of bothered that he hasn't corrected some of the same issues he had last year"
  • "Man he is a different kind of guy altogether. Has a lot of edge for sure. Love his toughness and his grit"
    of course we know this guy "quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot" 

• "In this job you deal with some really good guys and some not so good guys. He's one of the best. I think he goes undrafted, but I also think football is going to be a very small part of what he accomplishes in his life."
  • "He's exactly what you are looking for in terms of his work ethic and how much he loves the game. "
  • Heralded by scouts as team leader and elected team captain twice
  • "Tough and competitive. Plays with fiery demeanor and massive chip on his shoulder. Teammates rally around him on and off field."

All our new players - all of them, including Murphy and McCarron - played a full slate in college. As you look at who you think the Bills will make any move to get, I gotta say if they don't fit that profile they don't get to Orchard Park.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

All from NFL Draft Tracker. 

So for Murphy and McCarron, I used excerpts from when they were drafted.

Okay, are they from scouts?  And which draft-eligible players are the bottom quotes in reference to, i.e., which players are you suggesting might be on the Bills' radar as a result of your postulate?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

I think the above factors are important. But  talent trumps all. Think Mayfield.

I would say quite the opposite, and the Bills have already made that plain although not explicit. The most talented players both of offense and defense (well, maybe among them) were both shown the door last year in Darius and Watkins.

Given the choice between Rosen, Mayfield and ... let's say Rudolph the pecking order would then be Mayfield, Rudolph and Rosen. Which of these is not like the other ... 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Okay, are they from scouts?  And which draft-eligible players are the bottom quotes in reference to, i.e., which players are you suggesting might be on the Bills' radar as a result of your postulate?

Not necessarily. But a couple of the quotes are clear. The last quote is on Baker Mayfield. There is a quote there on Kyle Lauletta; I don't think the Bills would resort to drafting him, but he shows the right qualities. I'm betting that Desean Hamilton gets his name called on the last day if he isn't drafted. 

NFL Tracker didn't have a similar style quote associated to Shaqueem Griffin (one handed LBer), but I would think he's the sort of committed person that meets this idea.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/kyle-lauletta?id=2559882
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/daesean-hamilton?id=2560019

1 minute ago, kota said:

McD said "We are building a team not just acquiring talent" right after trading Watson.  The man walks on water as far as I am concerned.  Best coach we have had since Marv Levy.  

and straight down the line he backs it up.

What I found remarkable is the every single player we've acquired has an attributable quote in NFL Draft Tracker. You might that is nothing, but from what I've found somewhere around 1 in 10 or 1 in 15 player profiles say anything around character.

If you're right about the players being Seniors, but everyone who loves Darnold, Rosen, Allen, and Jackson, they will be disappointed. Mayfield and Rudolph are the only two that meet that criteria and Mayfield doesn't meet the height criteria established by Beane in a couple of different interviews. 

I'm not saying I agree with all of those requirements, but if you read through all those interviews and pull apart the statements, as for notable QBs, Mason Rudolph and Luke Falk are the only two who are Seniors, pass from the pocket, are accurate and are calculated risk takers. I know people don't like that but the rest of them either aren't tall enough, aren't Seniors, accuracy issues indicating a low completion percentage, etc.....

This also means, IF and that's a really big IF, all this information is to be taken into consideration, I doubt the Bills trade up for either one of those players. If they do trade up, obviously it's for someone who does not meet their aforementioned criteria which means they must believe his other traits far outweigh their minimum standards.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

"symbolizing success and selfless attitude on and off the field"

"Well respected in the program and scouts rave about his character"

"I love watching him on tape. You just know he wishes he were bigger so he could hit even harder."
"He earned his degree in only three years, however, so he transferred "
"You might as well throw out this year because the guy was in a ton of pain all year ...playing with braces on both arms at times"
"Tough, smart and hardworking with a throwback personality. Leader vocally and by example. Will hold teammates accountable and represent the program with class"
"mature leader. Smart and articulate. Highly competitive team leader -- holds teammates accountable."

The quotes above covers each of most of the newer players on the team. You can read between the lines the process is about establishing the culture, and the DNA of the New Bills. It shows up with players celebrating on the sidelines and when we trade away admittedly selfish, talented players like Sammy Watkins. 

You wind up missing on a lot of talent if you are committed to the process. You put yourself in a position where you simply won't overpay, because that is part of the process. You establish a value for everything and you stick to it. 

FWIW  ... here's some things that are being said about seven potential draft choices this year:

• "I'm still kind of bothered that he hasn't corrected some of the same issues he had last year"
  • "Man he is a different kind of guy altogether. Has a lot of edge for sure. Love his toughness and his grit"
    of course we know this guy "quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot" 

• "In this job you deal with some really good guys and some not so good guys. He's one of the best. I think he goes undrafted, but I also think football is going to be a very small part of what he accomplishes in his life."
  • "He's exactly what you are looking for in terms of his work ethic and how much he loves the game. "
  • Heralded by scouts as team leader and elected team captain twice
  • "Tough and competitive. Plays with fiery demeanor and massive chip on his shoulder. Teammates rally around him on and off field."

All our new players - all of them, including Murphy and McCarron - played a full slate in college. As you look at who you think the Bills will make any move to get, I gotta say if they don't fit that profile they don't get to Orchard Park.

Where is getting arrested Naked?? I kid i kid 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2