Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

They got to you, didn't they?!?!!

Nah, I can't help I have an uncanny ability to remember extremely small differences. Even my psychiatrist was impressed, we talked about it for hours. Sent me home and told me don't worry about it, just lay back and enjoy the ride, almost as if she kind of had some experiences herself. 

26 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I mean I guess the mind is truly fallible, but I swear it feels so real like I've experienced it before. I don't expect everyone to understand it, it's just strange. It's like I always used Selsum blue dandruff shampoo, when the hell did the switch it to Selsun? When did the Raisin Bran sun stop wearing their sunglasses? 

Maybe you've just been buying cheap knock-off shampoo and counterfeit cereal from China?

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Maybe you've just been buying cheap knock-off shampoo and counterfeit cereal from China?

If this was the case, there should be some photos circulating around somewhere. But if timeline shifts or glitches in the simulation are true, you would be hard pressed to find risidue. Honestly I had an online talk with a theoretical physicist who is a firm believer in the simulation theory, and is intrigued by "collective false memories". 

Edited by 100DollarBills

1 hour ago, 100DollarBills said:

I mean I guess the mind is truly fallible, but I swear it feels so real like I've experienced it before. I don't expect everyone to understand it, it's just strange. It's like I always used Selsum blue dandruff shampoo, when the hell did the switch it to Selsun? When did the Raisin Bran sun stop wearing their sunglasses? 

I'll argue this one.  I've always known it as Selsun Blue.  It has never been Selsum Blue

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'll argue this one.  I've always known it as Selsun Blue.  It has never been Selsum Blue

You might not be affected by this one, we all have different alternative memories. I 100% remember Selsum Blue, I used it every day growing up. 

Edited by 100DollarBills

5 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

You might not be affected by this one, we all have different alternative memories. I 100% remember Selsum Blue, I used it every day growing up. 

So are you really saying that my reality had Selsun Blue and yours had Selsum Blue?  I'm trying to make sense of this.  Do you actually believe that your memory is infallible?

1 minute ago, section122 said:

So are you really saying that my reality had Selsun Blue and yours had Selsum Blue?  I'm trying to make sense of this.  Do you actually believe that your memory is infallible?

No, dummy. What hes saying is that we all exist in different realities and what's true in yours is triviallly different in his reality but all these planes of existence converge at one place in time and that's TBD where we all agree on the Bills record, stats, key events but some people think Tyrod doesn't suck and those people should be burned at the stake.

I don't know what to believe. Some things yes I brush off as a real possibility to infallibility, but have you never held a firm belief where if disturbed would rock you to your core to the point where you question what does real mean? There are some memories I vividly remember like it was my own child, and to find out it never existed is depressing to say the least. 

Like honestly I get why people don't openly talk about it more, in fear of being judged as a lunatic, but frankly I know what is true for me and what my experiences went through. I can't explain it, but I know I'm not alone, far from it. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

No, dummy. What hes saying is that we all exist in different realities and what's true in yours is triviallly different in his reality but all these planes of existence converge at one place in time and that's TBD where we all agree on the Bills record, stats, key events but some people think Tyrod doesn't suck and those people should be burned at the stake.

whoa lol.  I did some digging and someone said the world DID change after Y2K and our memories are remnants.  Another said that it is time travelers and the Butterfly effect.  I can't believe people believe this stuff...

Tyrod doesn't suck! 0:)

4 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I don't know what to believe. Some things yes I brush off as a real possibility to infallibility, but have you never held a firm belief where if disturbed would rock you to your core to the point where you question what does real mean? There are some memories I vividly remember like it was my own child, and to find out it never existed is depressing to say the least. 

No I haven't.  How can you hold such a firm belief from a memory?  Also no finding out a memory was false gets chalked up and moved on from.  Something like the death of a loved one could rock me to my core.  Finding out I was wrong about something? psshhh that happens daily.  I find it more fascinating that people believe there memories are more accurate that factual evidence.  As I said I found all of my Berenstain Bears books and thought huh got that one wrong.  I didn't have an existential crisis or think there was some grand conspiracy because that is incredibly unlikely.  I hope you are doing well and this isn't something that effects you on more than a "that's interesting" level.  Finding out brand names are different than you recall, especially minor details, should not rock you to your core imo.

• Like (+1) 1

whoa lol.  I did some digging and someone said the world DID change after Y2K and our memories are remnants.  Another said that it is time travelers and the Butterfly effect.  I can't believe people believe this stuff...

Tyrod doesn't suck! 0:)

No I haven't.  How can you hold such a firm belief from a memory?  Also no finding out a memory was false gets chalked up and moved on from.  Something like the death of a loved one could rock me to my core.  Finding out I was wrong about something? psshhh that happens daily.  I find it more fascinating that people believe there memories are more accurate that factual evidence.  As I said I found all of my Berenstain Bears books and thought huh got that one wrong.  I didn't have an existential crisis or think there was some grand conspiracy because that is incredibly unlikely.  I hope you are doing well and this isn't something that effects you on more than a "that's interesting" level.  Finding out brand names are different than you recall, especially minor details, should not rock you to your core imo.

I honestly don't know what to believe, all I know is very smart physicist out there support alternative realities as a reasonable possibility. I don't know how it happened, I'm not even going to try to figure that out. All I know is I know what my hardcore childhood favorite memories were and they changed to some degree. Why? You can't easily chalk it up to infallibility, especially when It is iron clad for me. It should bother people, because the reality they once knew it as has changed, even if it's small things, it shows that reality isn't what we think it is. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dude.  I provided you with pictures of basically everything thing you said you have memories of.  

If they did not exist how was I able to find them in one minutes time on the internet?

or you are just trying to pull a fast one.   

Those things don't exist widespread today, and no explaination from manufacturers. Green lights use to be on top everywhere, when did they switch? These are rock solid memories for me. You can't understand because you wouldn't know, you didn't have those experiences, but many others did. 

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When did a hot dog become an All Beef Weiner?  

That's another big one for me. I distinctly remember Oscar Meyer hotdogs, they were my favorite as a child, it's practically burned into my retna. 

3 hours ago, 100DollarBills said:

Wanted to see if anybody here believes in parallel universes or living in a simulated universe. Could the "Mandela Effect" be glitches in the matrix? Recently I have been having so called "false memories" that many people swear happened but have changed. There are hundreds or even thousands of small time line changes people are collectively remembering. Thoughts? 

Since it sounds like you are into this, I have some real good news for you.   When you get older you don't have to wait 20 years, it only takes a week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.