Mandela Effect

100DollarBills

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

I do.  I chalk it up to being dumb and doing too much Ketamine.  The Berenstain bears one is the one that hit me hardest.  I loved those damn bears and could have sworn it was Berenstein.  Chalk that one up to having a limited understanding of how surnames aren't always spelled like they sound when I was 4.

I also remember the green light being on top of traffic lights. Now it's red, it feels so wrong. 

4 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

I also remember the green light being on top of traffic lights. Now it's red, it feels so wrong. 

Memories are really finicky and we don't have a good understanding of them.  Little things can throw them off, like playing that game Telephone but with yourself throughout your lifetime.

Memories are really finicky and we don't have a good understanding of them.  Little things can throw them off, like playing that game Telephone but with yourself throughout your lifetime.

For sure.  I've had more or less the same group of friends since I was in 6th grade and we are all in our late 30s now.  We have heard each others stories so many times we can accidentally default into placing ourselves their when in fact we just know the story and created the memory.

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Rochester,   But I have been to Syracuse NY and Ithaca NY and Rome NY and so on. 

I've also been to different continents where traffic signals vary 

21 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

because they have changed 

Image result for traffic signal red light variations green on top   Image result for traffic signal red light variations sideways green on top   

The lights in Buffalo are right on top of your car, each time I go there I have to remember this or I'll run through a red light.

12 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I mean I guess the mind is truly fallible, but I swear it feels so real like I've experienced it before. I don't expect everyone to understand it, it's just strange. It's like I always used Selsum blue dandruff shampoo, when the hell did the switch it to Selsun? When did the Raisin Bran sun stop wearing their sunglasses? 

Just now, 100DollarBills said:

1999-2008

I remember the raisins having sunglasses in the commercials.  My grandfather used to eat raisin bran just about every morning and I don't remember the sun having sunglasses though.

32 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

Oral sagas or not, there are thousands of people who remember differently, people who would run through a wall because they remember it so well. I just don't get it anymore, many people are so confused. 

This won't be the first or the last time where thousands of people are just flat out wrong.  That might just be the most frequent occurrence in the history of mankind.

I remember the raisins having sunglasses in the commercials.  My grandfather used to eat raisin bran just about every morning and I don't remember the sun having sunglasses though.

The sun on the box of cereal used to wear sunglasses. Even family guy had a joke referring to the Raisin Bran sun wearing glasses. Except the Raisin Bran sun was wearing all black sunglasses. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.