Deonte Thompson signs with Cowboys

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Don't need to move up to get a QB if you don't have any WR's for him to throw to.

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

The QB we're going to move up to get don't need no stinkin' WRs.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Bortles is better than where we are. So is Mahomes.

How is heaven's name can you say Mahomes is better?  He hasn't taken a meaningful snap in the NFL yet.

59 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Not sure..who did we draft?

Nobody yet.  That's kinda the point...

24 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The QB we're going to move up to get don't need no stinkin' WRs.

How is heaven's name can you say Mahomes is better?  He hasn't taken a meaningful snap in the NFL yet.

I'd rather have Mahomes than AJ and Peterman.  Wouldn't you?

Just now, jmc12290 said:

I don't know.  I haven't seen him play any non garbage time snaps yet.  Have you?

I think I'd rather have AJ than Mahomes at the moment..

Personally, I'd cut Nasty Nate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Eh. Not a big deal. 

With a depleted WR Corps and the way he performed last year I would venture to say th majority see this as a big deal. Like I have said in other posts, he is much better than some give him credit for.

33 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

YIKES.

Whatever man. We don't have Mahommes. We Could have had him, but our current brain trust didn't want him. They didn't want Watson either (I did). So we are where we are. 

I'll be rooting mightily for whoever lines up under center on September 9.

Go BILLS !!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Chiefs gave two first round picks for Mahomes , the question should be would we gave up our 12 and 22 for Mahomes right now ? I’m not sure 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Chiefs gave two first round picks for Mahomes , the question should be would we gave up our 12 and 22 for Mahomes right now ? I’m not sure 

That's not what the question should be.  The question as a FA WR is would you rather go to KC to play with Mahomes or Buffalo to play with Peterman and AJ.  The answer is kinda obvious.

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Whatever man. We don't have Mahommes. We Could have had him, but our current brain trust didn't want him. They didn't want Watson either (I did). So we are where we are. 

I'll be rooting mightily for whoever lines up under center on September 9.

Go BILLS !!!

Me as well, but you continue to miss the point.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

That's not what the question should be.  The question as a FA WR is would you rather go to KC to play with Mahomes or Buffalo to play with Peterman and AJ.  The answer is kinda obvious.

I will let you know in 4 weeks from today , because there’s a good chance that Buffalo may have another young QB on the roaster maybe even a better prospect then Mahomes 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My guess is that both teams were offering a 1-yr deal and even if the Bills matched that or offered a bit more, he will be a FA again next year and there is simply more opportunity for him to get a bigger deal next year after playing in Dallas due to the difference in QB situations. 

I’ve said it over and over that the Bills will not be able to sign a decent WR in FA without a QB. Unless they massively overpay. No agent will recommend their client come to this offense at this point in time. That is why the KB trade was so critical and the Zay situation is so brutal. They will need to acquire this position through trade and draft until a QB who throws the ball is in place.

2 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Mmmm...nope Jax resigned Lee and pulled in Moncreif... Sammy went to kc...the list goes on.

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Bortles is better than where we are. So is Mahomes.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

And what exactly is your point?

Just gotta read the thread.

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know.  I haven't seen him play any non garbage time snaps yet.  Have you?

I think I'd rather have AJ than Mahomes at the moment..

Personally, I'd cut Nasty Nate.

...never understood why we didn't take a flyer on him in the 5th anyway.......then again, we're talking the "OBD Mecca Of QB Development And WisDUMB" post Kelly.....AJ, Peterman and rook QB draft pick makes for a decent opening OTA session IMO................

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I will let you know in 4 weeks from today , because there’s a good chance that Buffalo may have another young QB on the roaster maybe even a better prospect then Mahomes 

There's a chance they don't. FA's are signing now. Bird in the hand.