McCarron's Scar

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

Go ahead and tell me how many starting QBs lose their job if they aren't injured. Especially if that QB was drafted in the first round.

I'll wait.

Happens all over the league when the BU is better. 

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

I'm sold, lets try out all the bag boys at Wegmans one of them is bound to be the next Kurt Warner.

Sure. Just make sure they've won 2 NCs. won 90% of their games in the SEC, showed that they can protect the ball, completed 66% of their passes at every level, helped make sure their team made the playoffs when thrust into the role in the last three games of the year, then led that team to 16 4th QTR points against Pittsburgh.

I'll bet you'll find a bunch!

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

EJ Manuel, Johnny football, Paxton Lynch, RG3, Gabbert

So RG3 wasn't injured?
Did Johnny ever HAVE the job to lose it? I don't think he did.  

It's a pretty rare event. 

Edited by Tyrod's friend

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

ok name 2 instances without googling

Sure Jamarcus Russell

matt Flynn

Drew Brees

Bortles

Blaine Gabbert

Alex Smith

want me to keep going

So as i said happens all over the league

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

He didn't lose his job due to that injury.

yes his lower leg nearly getting separated from the rest of his body had nothing to do with his resultant loss in mobility and confidence, and eventual loss as starter

- a thing that a literal moron thinks

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

yes his lower leg nearly getting separated from the rest of his body had nothing to do with his resultant loss in mobility and confidence, and eventual loss as starter

- a thing that a literal moron thinks

So the question is, how many QBs who were drafted in the first round and never got hurt in their careers were benched, do I have that right?

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure Jamarcus Russell

matt Flynn

Drew Brees

Bortles

Blaine Gabbert

Alex Smith

want me to keep going

So as i said happens all over the league

"Lose their job".

Brees was replaced by Flutie, but ultimately did not lose his job.

Bortles? Wake the F up. He's started 13, then 16, 16, 16 games. When did he "lose" his job?
Flynn never was the starting QB; he was given that kind of contract but never took it.
Gabbert was injured and never regained his position.

So yeah, keep going because you're doing a GREAT job so far making my point for me. :)

Edited by Tyrod's friend

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

"Lose their job".

Brees was replaced by Flutie, but ultimately did not lose his job.

Bortles? Wake the F up. He's started 13, then 16, 16, 16 games. When did he "lose" his job?

Do you actually watch he was benched multiple times for Henne and stepped up. To secure his job. 

So again

Russell

RG3

Gabbert

Flynn

Smith

Brees

Manzeil

schaub

they NFL doesnt keep the better player on the bench. So happens all over the league all the time 

Since the Rookie wage scale went into effect there have been 7 drafts. Here are the 1st round QBs starting from those 7.  Newton, Luck,  Tennahil(?), Winston, Mariota, Wentz' Goff, Mahomes, Watson. Which of those QBs should be benched to let their back up have a shot?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Do you actually watch he was benched multiple times for Henne and stepped up. To secure his job. 

So again

Russell

RG3

Gabbert

Flynn

Smith

Brees

Manzeil

schaub

they NFL doesnt keep the better player on the bench. So happens all over the league all the time 

You're already wrong on a number of these; I'm not going back over them. 

It doesn't happen "all over the league all the time" and it certainly doesn't happen when the starter has a huge contract/was drafted in the first round. It doesn't, I've shown how you are wrong with your examples.

out.

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

You're already wrong on a number of these; I'm not going back over them. 

It doesn't happen "all over the league all the time" and it certainly doesn't happen when the starter has a huge contract/was drafted in the first round. It doesn't, I've shown how you are wrong with your examples.

out.

Did Alex Smith lose his job?? YEP

did Flynn YEP

Did Gabbert YEP

Did RG3 YEP

DId Manzeil YEP

should I add Lynch, Simien, Osweiller 

happens all over the league so there are a mix of high picks and high contracts in there. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

i'll go out on a limb here and say this will have no impact on whether or not he is a good QB

I would bet he’ll have a longer NFL career (backup or starter) then Rosen 

3 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Since the Rookie wage scale went into effect there have been 7 drafts. Here are the 1st round QBs starting from those 7.  Newton, Luck,  Tennahil(?), Winston, Mariota, Wentz' Goff, Mahomes, Watson. Which of those QBs should be benched to let their back up have a shot?

First round QBs are given huge, huge opportunities to fail. The likelihood that they are going to give up their jobs, other than to injury, to a back up is pretty small.

The bias is to the status quo. 

At the end of the day, a backup that produced numbers like Brandon Weeden gets three starts, not 19. Manziel did everything but take a dump in front of the stadium and they were still giving him time. 

8 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

and so did Steve DeBerg but doesn't mean he was any good

Point being I hope we stay away from him , to be honest with you I wouldn’t even spend our 22nd pick on him , I would love for the Jets to take him , and have Mayfield fall to us trade up or what ever which way it may happen