Linebackers

I keep saying lb is our biggest issue besides qb. Lorax is old and too slow to play 4-3 olb. Humber is just ok. Milano is our only valid lb. We have next to zero cap space and are probably going to give up a ton to trade up for a qb. Hopefully we hold onto a second and third for lb’s

6 minutes ago, BadtasteinQBs said:

What are we doing at LB? We had several guys in a couple days ago. No signings. I wonder if we have standing offers out, and those players are evaluating... Maybe we expect to draft bodies there?

They will almost certainly sign AND draft LBs. This is probably the weakest position on the roster right now.

13 minutes ago, BillsGuru4 said:

I keep saying lb is our biggest issue besides qb. Lorax is old and too slow to play 4-3 olb. Humber is just ok. Milano is our only valid lb. We have next to zero cap space and are probably going to give up a ton to trade up for a qb. Hopefully we hold onto a second and third for lb’s

We have cap space.

My guess is they gave the same standing offer to Compton, Minter, and Dansby and are waiting to see who takes the offer. 

I hope they are looking into Shea McClellin, if he's healthy, would be a great add. Maybe they stay at 12 and 22 and take Smith/Edmunds and LVE? 

34 minutes ago, BadtasteinQBs said:

Nice, but that doesn't really generate discussion. I want people to talk about what they project will happen, not all the possibilities. Thanks. 

I imagine guys have other visits and may be considering their options.

I wouldn't be shocked if we stayed put, and drafted QB & LB with our first-round picks.  If the Bills have decided they like Mason Rudolph, it wouldn't surprise me if they went LB first.  I know this is a new front office, but that would be a very Bills move.  The only time the Bills have ever drafted a QB with their first pick was EJ Manuel - and that was after trading down from their original pick.  So the Bills have never actually drafted a QB with the earliest pick they held in a given draft.

59 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We have cap space.

Pretty sure we had 8 mil before signing the center and rt

8 mil after what needs to be pulled aside for draft picks and emergency fa signings during the season in case of injury

I'd feel much better if Compton gets signed, then we can at least go into the draft without our hands tied. Compton could start at MLB if we have to give up the farm for a QB. If we stay at #12, we'll probably draft LB at 22 and Compton is, at worst, very good depth.

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I'd feel much better if Compton gets signed, then we can at least go into the draft without our hands tied. Compton could start at MLB if we have to give up the farm for a QB. If we stay at #12, we'll probably draft LB at 22 and Compton is, at worst, very good depth.

He's my favorite in terms of fit of the guys we brought in and apparently took a physical. Wondering what the holdup is on that front.