So if we were the Giants....

So lets put us in Giants shoes and look at what they have.

1. They have an ageing QB but he has been given 2 more years.

2. Top end RB's are nice but will this RB be top end is hard to tell and the next tier is pretty good.

3. I am guessing they are getting trade offers from more then just the Bills.

4. They also have issues on there offensive line!

so what do you do if you were them?

Well I will tell you what I would do..

One minute left on the clock on second pick in round one.. Giants choose to trade with Buffalo and bleed

us with every pick Giants can get out of us then hit there Defense hard  in the draft while getting a project QB Like Lamar Jackson early round 2.

In short.. If there smart? they don't make that trade till draft. There is no point in it.. there is no... Profit in it :D

Thus

Tighten up your whitey tighties

loosen up them boxers

Let the wind go through your hair. cause nothing is going to happen for at least another 35D 11H or so

http://www.draftcountdown.com/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What if you were a Super Hero?

Which one would you be ... and why?

Easy question.

Super Beane...I'd fly around the country and use my super powers to locate the best QB in the draft and select him with a 6th round draft pick. All the other villainous GM's would fall under my spell and wait 7 rounds to draft one of the QB's. 

20 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

2. Top end RB's are nice but will this RB be top end is hard to tell and the next tier is pretty good.

One minute left on the clock on second pick in round one.. Giants choose to trade with Buffalo and bleed

us with every pick Giants can get out of us then hit there Defense hard  in the draft while getting a project QB Like Lamar Jackson early round 2.

In short.. If there smart? they don't make that trade till draft. There is no point in it.. there is no... Profit in it :D

Thus

loosen up them boxers

Let the wind go through your hair. cause nothing is going to happen for at least another 35D 11H or so

If I'm the Giants, I'm staying at #2 and picking whoever is left from Darnold or Rosen. If all goes as planned, they wont have this sweet a shot at Eli's replacement again. And getting the kid a couple years behind Eli would be very valuable.

OR

I'm trading with the Bills, taking all our picks, and taking Rudolph at #12 or #22 (depending how draft goes). They can get OL and RBs later in the draft, and with all our picks.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

Giants have a young QB they like (Davis Webb) on the roster, was drafted in round 3 last year.  They don't need another project.

Personally I think "Blue Chip" talent is the most overrated notion in the draft.  Seems like every year there's ~6 guys who are the "blue chip" guys.  Seems like almost half of them can't stay on the field due to injuries or wash out because of off the field problems (Blackmon) or just aren't as good as people thought (guys like Dion Jordon).  Meanwhile there's guys who are valued slightly lower at the position (Beckham vs Sammy) who are often times just as good if not better.  Nelson may be a once in a lifetime player, but the last two guards who went top 10 as "can't miss" guys (Cooper & Warmack) missed.  If you don't need a QB and someone is willing to offer you a "QB package" for a top pick, I think it's foolish to put all your eggs in one guys basket, regardless of how "can't miss" he may be viewed.

• Like (+1) 1

If we were the Giants, we play the two teams with the most draft capital against each other.  That would be the Browns and Bills.  Whoever offers the most for the #2 pick.......

Is anyone willing to pay that kind of price? 

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Thus

loosen up them boxers

Giants are so interesting.

2017 Off Season I heard a lot of talk about how the giants were going to be a dangerous team...then 2017 happened.  OBJ got hurt, other injuries and a over his head coach exposed.  Everything snowballed.  I think the Giants are closer to being that good team many thought in 2017 than they are needing to start from fresh.  In many ways Giants were hampered by poor coaching just like Rex Ryan hampered the Bills...but when Buffalo received competent coaching with McDermott...things turned.

giants now have a more competent Head Coach, OBJ healthy, Nate Solder locking down the blind side.

another factor...THE NFC EAST...I might be alone but I feel the NFC EAST is open.

- Eagles...Questions at QB position with the health of Wentz and possible debate should Wentz struggle.

- Washington...New QB (will it gel?), who isn’t a world beater and somewhat of an unimpressive overall team.

- Cowboys...Jerry Jones drama and failure to live up to unrealistic expectations...also D. Prescot migjt also not be the real deal.

i feel with Questions at QB for three other teams, the Giants have the strongest foundation at QB with Eli.

so what would I do?  I would probably want to trade down to #4 or within the Top 10, but not our of the Top 10.  UNLESS I was getting some actual players.

if Buffalo wants my #2 I want lots of picks, but I either want Buffalo to first move into the Top 10

OR

Trade me picks, along with either Jerry Hughes or LeSean McCoy. (I don’t know if Giants could fit tht cap wise)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

If we were the Giants, we play the two teams with the most draft capital against each other.  That would be the Browns and Bills.  Whoever offers the most for the #2 pick.......

Is anyone willing to pay that kind of price? 

At this point I would give them 12 / 22 / 2019 1st / one of the picks between 53-65.  The 2nd/3rd rounder they can use to get back up a bit if they choose.  I just don't see anyone else in the league in a position to beat that.  The Broncos would need to offer #5 / #40 / #71 / 2019 1st to roughly have the same value, but they have to feel good that they likely walk out with Baker as a worst case scenario right now and I don't know they would be willing to not pick till round 4 AND be out a 2019 1st just to move up 3 spots.

5 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Giants are so interesting.

2017 Off Season I heard a lot of talk about how the giants were going to be a dangerous team...then 2017 happened.  OBJ got hurt, other injuries and a over his head coach exposed.  Everything snowballed.  I think the Giants are closer to being that good team many thought in 2017 than they are needing to start from fresh.  In many ways Giants were hampered by poor coaching just like Rex Ryan hampered the Bills...but when Buffalo received competent coaching with McDermott...things turned.

giants now have a more competent Head Coach, OBJ healthy, Nate Solder locking down the blind side.

another factor...THE NFC EAST...I might be alone but I feel the NFC EAST is open.

- Eagles...Questions at QB position with the health of Wentz and possible debate should Wentz struggle.

- Washington...New QB (will it gel?), who isn’t a world beater and somewhat of an unimpressive overall team.

- Cowboys...Jerry Jones drama and failure to live up to unrealistic expectations...also D. Prescot migjt also not be the real deal.

i feel with Questions at QB for three other teams, the Giants have the strongest foundation at QB with Eli.

so what would I do?  I would probably want to trade down to #4 or within the Top 10, but not our of the Top 10.  UNLESS I was getting some actual players.

if Buffalo wants my #2 I want lots of picks, but I either want Buffalo to first move into the Top 10

OR

Trade me picks, along with either Jerry Hughes or LeSean McCoy. (I don’t know if Giants could fit tht cap wise)

I like your #2 option of possible McCoy or Hughes. I think your right I think this is the Giants "go big or go home" year.

great observation

15 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Giants have a young QB they like (Davis Webb) on the roster, was drafted in round 3 last year.  They don't need another project.

Personally I think "Blue Chip" talent is the most overrated notion in the draft.  Seems like every year there's ~6 guys who are the "blue chip" guys.  Seems like almost half of them can't stay on the field due to injuries or wash out because of off the field problems (Blackmon) or just aren't as good as people thought (guys like Dion Jordon).  Meanwhile there's guys who are valued slightly lower at the position (Beckham vs Sammy) who are often times just as good if not better.  Nelson may be a once in a lifetime player, but the last two guards who went top 10 as "can't miss" guys (Cooper & Warmack) missed.  If you don't need a QB and someone is willing to offer you a "QB package" for a top pick, I think it's foolish to put all your eggs in one guys basket, regardless of how "can't miss" he may be viewed.

Eagles did it, how did that work for them?

12 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I like your #2 option of possible McCoy or Hughes. I think your right I think this is the Giants "go big or go home" year.

great observation

Eagles did it, how did that work for them?

If you don't need a QB and someone is willing to offer you a "QB package" for a top pick

Reading is hard.