Zay Jones just impacted our draft

8 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

With the unfortunate Zay Jones incident the Bills are now less inclined to give away draft capital.

The list of needs has now expanded to both deep threat and slot receiver along with QB, CB, LB and DT.

Salary cap money is limited and what would be required to move up is too costly to give any of the picks we currently have.

I felt before this sorry excuse of public conduct that Zay would be much improved this year at the Slot receiver position.  Now we are looking at probably a 4 game suspension for conduct and possibly even worse if drugs are involved.

Its not all gloom and doom, outside of Darnold, the other three of the "big four" are flawed in ways that may not be correctable.

Give me Lamar Jackson at 12, the LB Vander Eshe or Evans at 22.  WR DJ Chark at 53, DT Harrison Phillips at 56, C Frank Ragnow at 65, CB Holton Hill at 96 and hopefully in the 4th WR Deshean Hamilton of Penn State

He impacted this year's draft much earlier in the year.  Right around the time when he generally showed a lack of #1 receiver talent.  I'm going with week 6.

10 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Very depressed to be honest with you.  Darnold's pro day locked him as the top QB.  Don't want anything to do with Rosen (concussion history and pocket awareness that will lead to more hits and concussions), Allen (Accuracy issues, two year minimum development time before he can even play), or Mayfield (Can't fix short and he's a stats guy playing in a system to give him lots of easy completions and played in an awful defensive conference, and is too high strung emotionally for my tastes)

So, if we trade up to the 2nd pick I would be very unhappy.

Then get ready to be unhappy when the Bills finally land their QB at 2

9 hours ago, #34fan said:

I'm watching it right now, and the rain is reall coming down.... Darnold is frickin' soaked... The WR's are running on slop... First you said you were "near" the stadium, now you're saying you were  actually "there" :lol: -Which one is it?

Was literally a few blocks away

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

A) Darnold had a pretty good year overall (watch the Stanford games), and B) it is a lock that he's going number one. 

Not denying he can go #1, but I don't think its a lock.  And he is not the #1 QB on every board...all that matters is what the Browns board is though

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

if we can't get baker, i def. want rudolph at 22. i hadn't thought about ridley at 12....interesting....

Ridley can be had with either of our second round picks.  He is not a great pro prospect.

13 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Very depressed to be honest with you.  Darnold's pro day locked him as the top QB.  Don't want anything to do with Rosen (concussion history and pocket awareness that will lead to more hits and concussions), Allen (Accuracy issues, two year minimum development time before he can even play), or Mayfield (Can't fix short and he's a stats guy playing in a system to give him lots of easy completions and played in an awful defensive conference, and is too high strung emotionally for my tastes)

So, if we trade up to the 2nd pick I would be very unhappy.

I agree. I've said since last year Darnold is the only qb worth trading up for. The next 3 guys all have more risk issues. Who knows what's going to happen to Zay? Deonte is gone and it was stupid of us to not get him signed. Who's AJ going to throw to after Kelvin? This does effect any trade up plans.

2 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

Terelle Pryor?  Still out there. 6 foot 4,  4.38 40 time.

He could throw it then run under it.;)

Some body get McD on the horn we can solve 2 positions with one player ;)