Sal .C: Giants Really Like Darnold

32 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m bracing myself for Browns, Giants and Jets to take QBs at 1, 2 and 3.

That's the nightmare scenario for the Bills, 4 QB's and Barkley go in the top 5 picks. That leaves the Bills holding the bag as far QB's go. 

10 minutes ago, DFT said:

Nobody truly knows.  The Bills have done an AMAZING job keeping their intent hidden.  All anyone knows is something is brewing.  Shefty will be the one to break it though.  I believe that 100%.  He knows something, but never alludes without certainty.   But I’m telling you guys, something is definitely in the works.

You just don't punt on QB last year, come out and say your target is this year, acquire the picks we've acquired, trade Tyrod before FA opens, not even bid on Cousins or Keenum and play the waiting game on the last semi credible guy remaining if it's even a remote possibility you end up with Mason Rudolph at #12.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

You just don't punt on QB last year, come out and say your target is this year, acquire the picks we've acquired, trade Tyrod before FA opens, not even bid on Cousins or Keenum and play the waiting game on the last semi credible guy remaining if it's even a remote possibility you end up with Mason Rudolph at #12.  

God I hope not.  Not a good look for these guys.  But Jackson at 12 is interesting.  But watch those Dolphins.  They’re up to something too.

• Like (+1) 1

If Giants take a QB and Bills missed the only chance to trade up at 3 then this front office is never going to live that down if these QB's end up being as great as everyone thinks they will be, especially if one of them is in our own division. I think that's worse than drafting someone and missing. Being complacent is just as bad

2 minutes ago, DFT said:

God I hope not.  Not a good look for these guys.  But Jackson at 12 is interesting.  But watch those Dolphins.  They’re up to something too.

Sorry, missed it - what exactly did he say what teams were up to? Was he hinting at something? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Sorry, missed it - what exactly did he say what teams were up to? Was he hinting at something? Thanks!

Just that the Giants, he believes (and he’s well connected to them), are now turning towards QB and he knows that they’ve talked with the Browns about #1.  There was a little more he shared, but that was the main thesis.

Edited by DFT

11 minutes ago, DFT said:

I fully expect the Dolphins to take Jackson at 12 if they don't trade up for Baker.

Schefter was very specific about the price for #2 ( #12 / #22 / 2019 1st and maybe one of the 2nds) today here in Columbus.  That's a win on the value chart for the Giants and a trade we can make without feeling like we sacrificed our future (or even present).  It's also very difficult for any other team to match.

• Like (+1) 1

I fully expect the Dolphins to take Jackson at 12 if they don't trade up for Baker.

Schefter was very specific about the price for #2 ( #12 / #22 / 2019 1st and maybe one of the 2nds) today here in Columbus.  That's a win on the value chart for the Giants and a trade we can make without feeling like we sacrificed our future (or even present).  It's also very difficult for any other team to match.

There’s still a lot of uncertainty about the compensation, but if anyone knows, it’s definitely Sheft

9 minutes ago, DFT said:

There’s still a lot of uncertainty about the compensation, but if anyone knows, it’s definitely Sheft

Schefter is pretty funny with the guys here (Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Rothman - a radio guy).  They do a weekly Wednesday spot with him and he doesn't really pull many punches when the guys here are off base.  The guys here said "the Bills love McCarron and could be fine letting things fall to them" and Schefter basically laughed at them, said McCarron is only here because there was no where else to go and said that's not what's going to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Cleveland could still Cleveland... let the giants have Darnold and use the two for a RB, 4 for the most bustly QB 

"With the 4th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville"

Schefter is pretty funny with the guys here (Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Rothman - a radio guy).  They do a weekly Wednesday spot with him and he doesn't really pull many punches when the guys here are off base.  The guys here said "the Bills love McCarron and could be fine letting things fall to them" and Schefter basically laughed at them, said McCarron is only here because there was no where else to go and said that's not what's going to happen.

He’s good people.  One of the best!

29 minutes ago, noacls said:

In my opinion which means nothing, i will be very surprised if any team trades out of top 5.

1.) Darnold- browns

2.) Rosen-giants

3.) Mayfield-jets

4.) Barkley-browns

5.) Allen-broncos

And I share your opinion exactly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I happen to agree. 

Probably.  It would certainly increase the Bills chances of trading to 2, if Shefty is correct in that the Giants are talking about trading up, only for Cleveland to take the guy they like.

Edited by DFT