Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Thatś fine. Itś a stat. Pressure in college is very different from pressure in the NFL, when all 11 guys on defense are studs. Not some dudes from Tulsa. 

So then by your standard anyone who finished below him won't be able to adjust to NFL pressure seeing as how they weren't able to do it in college as well....

On 3/21/2018 at 12:11 PM, Boatdrinks said:

I like Mayfield a lot. More than most here, probably. I'd be ecstatic if the Bills were able to draft him, but I don't see it happening. 

I do too. I just think he's the lowest on Beane's board for "process" reasons, if you catch my drift.

Just now, peterpan said:

Quoting erroneous college stats means nothing and kinda shows how little ones knows......

So if someone says a guy struggled completing passes from the pocket in college how should I prove or disprove that claim? 

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

So they’d look at how often he threw a catchable ball to his team while in the pocket. 

Making it sound that simple is disingenuous.  They look very closely at ball placement and timing. They look at movement within the pocket and foot work. For Mayfield, all of those things I mentioned project somewhere between needs work and  very poorly to the NFL. Sure it worked in college, but the NFL graveyard is littered with guys with Mayfield's college stats. 

25 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Making it sound that simple is disingenuous.  They look very closely at ball placement and timing. They look at movement within the pocket and foot work. For Mayfield, all of those things I mentioned project somewhere between needs work and  very poorly to the NFL. Sure it worked in college, but the NFL graveyard is littered with guys with Mayfield's college stats. 

He set the records for completion % and YPA and then broke his own records. There is no one with his stats. His ball placment and accuracy was ahead of everyone’s at all levels of the field, under pressure and not, in and out of the pocket. That consistency is because of good mechanics. So yes he does drift towards pressure too often. But his accuracy is elite. 

On 3/23/2018 at 8:54 AM, bobobonators said:

Baker mayfield will either be a complete bust or a stud for years. I dont see middle ground. Ryan Leaf or Russel Wilson. No inbetween. 

I'm betting bust - wait until that personality meets a little cash. Buffalo ain't big enough for Broadway Baker. 

We need this guy in a Bills uniform. He's my #1 QB now. I was torn between him and Darnold but the more I think about Darnold, the more I think he is going to be a slightly better Jay Cutler in the NFL (consistency issues). Which isn't bad but still isn't good enough.

13 minutes ago, Looper said:

I'm betting bust - wait until that personality meets a little cash. Buffalo ain't big enough for Broadway Baker. 

The guy is from Texas and played at Oklahoma. Plus, with social media these days anyone can become a star anywhere. If they desire to become one. That stuff isn't a big concern for me. I'd be more worried about a guy like Rosen in that aspect for sure.

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We need this guy in a Bills uniform. He's my #1 QB now. I was torn between him and Darnold but the more I think about Darnold, the more I think he is going to be a slightly better Jay Cutler in the NFL (consistency issues). Which isn't bad but still isn't good enough.

The guy is from Texas and played at Oklahoma. Plus, with social media these days anyone can become a star anywhere. If they desire to become one. That stuff isn't a big concern for me. I'd be more worried about a guy like Rosen in that aspect for sure.

Rosen's already rich.  Are we still holding that against him?

1 minute ago, stony said:

Not sure it applies to Rosen, but something to be said for having a secure financial future whether you make it or not in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, stony said:

Nothing to do with wealth. Poster I was quoting was holding the desire to be famous against Mayfield and him not sticking around or being all in with Buffalo. The same can at least be said and held against Rosen as a possible negative.

Nothing to do with wealth. Poster I was quoting was holding the desire to be famous against Mayfield and him not sticking around or being all in with Buffalo. The same can at least be said and held against Rosen as a possible negative.

I don't want any QB with a personality remotely similar to Johnny Manziel, be it Rosen or Mayfield. 

Behind Baker ... seriously from a guy who's never played a game in the NFL ? 

Edited by Looper

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

I don't want any QB with a personality remotely similar to Johnny Manziel, be it Rosen or Mayfield. 

Same here but i see some pretty clear differences in the two. Wasn't Johnny Football a star coming out of HS? Mr. Football and all. Where as Baker had to walk on to his college team. One took his talents for granted. The other worked hard to develop his skills and earn the starting job.

Same here but i see some pretty clear differences in the two. Wasn't Johnny Football a star coming out of HS? Mr. Football and all. Where as Baker had to walk on to his college team. One took his talents for granted. The other worked hard to develop his skills and earn the starting job.

Maybe so, but immature is immature. He might grow out of that type of behavior, but he might not given a wheelbarrow full of cash. Rosen has a sense of entitlement with the lineage he has, hot tub in the dorm room, yard decorations, etc. All of that crap may be fine at the college level, but might not fly in the pros. I don't see it from Darnold or Allen.

i would love baker, but it's out of our control at this point. we have no say over 1-3...and 4, which leaves denver. if somehow he makes it to 6 then it's a different ball game. i do not want to trade picks away. i would rather use next year's due to having money for fa.

i think plan 1b....and it's the safe route, is rudolph. i'm not too worried tho. i think a.j.'s gonna be a stud.