Bills have private workout with Baker Mayfield

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He's the only guy I would trade a lot of our picks for.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would be thrilled with either Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  If the Jets want Mayfield, then I really hope we trade up to #2 to get him....then hope we open up on the road at the NY.

Which is why it was a mistake for the Saints to sign Brees and the Seahawks drafting Russell Wilson.

He is my choice as well.. everyone of the "elite" arent sure things as of now obviously. Darnold is either Tom Brady  ot Matt Leinhart , Rosen Allen, could make same type of comparisions . take a shot at Mayfield.. another Favre, maybe

27 minutes ago, nickrage said:

The jets traded up for Mayfield.

Everyone is saying the Giants have Barkley and Mayfield as their top choices.

18 minutes ago, Looper said:

Broadway Baker is a perfect fit for the Jets. I'm not sure Buffalo is big enough for his ego. 

Jim Kelly had quite the Ego.

I really want Baker, accurate, consistent, throws on time, reads the field, and passionate.  I also believe his personality would be a good fit. Baker’s drive comes from being an underdog, as fans we get fed up with others badmouthing the Bills, counting them out, and disrespecting the franchise, those things would fuel Baker to work even harder, get better and shut the mouth of anyone who disrespects Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess that means we should pass on Mayfield because we can only name 2 the succeeded that were short?

Short players get fewer opportunities to be QB. Baker was a walk on because of his height he wasn’t given an opportunity he earned it. Brees and Wilson showed that players who overcame their height to get a shot at QB and played well can make it in the NFL.

Edited by Batman1876

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Jim Kelly had quite the Ego.

True, but that was before the microscope that is social media. Mayfield just seems like a good fit for the crassness that seems to come with Jets fans.

2 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if McBeane had three different trade scenario's already lined up.

1st- trade up to #2 draft Rosen,  if the Giants say no....

2nd- trade  up to #4 draft Mayfield, if the Browns say no....

3rd- trade up to #6 draft Mayfield/Allen

I think that's exactly what will go down. Any of these 3 scenarios....

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I think that's exactly what will go down. Any of these 3 scenarios....

I don't think any of those will be in play. IMO, Darnold goes #1, Rosen #2 to the Giants, Mayfield #3 to the Jets, and Allen #5 to the Broncs.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

I don't think any of those will be in play. IMO, Darnold goes #1, Rosen #2 to the Giants, Mayfield #3 to the Jets, and Allen #5 to the Broncs.

A sad draft day indeed for Bills fans if this scenario plays out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

A sad draft day indeed for Bills fans if this scenario plays out. 

Maybe, but not all hope is gone as we remember Warner, Russell Wilson, Brady, Prescott & others.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

If the QBs go 123 I can't see Denver passing on Chubb.

Maybe ... I guess it's depends on how much of himself Elway sees in Josh Allen.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

Maybe, but not all hope is gone as we remember Warner, Russell Wilson, Brady, Prescott & others.

Maybe ... I guess it's depends on how much of himself Elway sees in Josh Allen.

I think you can make a better case for Mayfield being more like Elway. Allen and Elway? I don't see it. Maybe Bledsoe or Flacco or Big Ben or even Cam Newton.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

I think you can make a better case for Mayfield being more like Elway. Allen and Elway? I don't see it. Maybe Bledsoe or Flacco or Big Ben or even Cam Newton.

Not in my mind ... height, arm, mobility, big hands. Allen ran a 4.6 40 so he's got speed.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

You would not move up to 6 now. There's no way to predict if the player you want will even be there.NYG at 2 would be a sensible target pre draft. Anything else should probably wait unless there is already an indication from NYG that the lack of a top ten pick is the holdup, not just an unwillingness to trade out of the 2 slot. 

I meant move to # 6 now, so that it would be easier to move to #2 on draft day.  I'm guessing that the Giants may not want to move all the way to #12, but if the Bills get to #6 now, they could move to #2 on draft day more easily; they may have told the Bills they won't go down any further than 6 or 7.  Just wondering.