The Buffalo Bills had a private workout with Rosen on Sunday

Just now, davspo said:

Seriously?  This is the best GM we have has since Polian.  Be patient.  There is no way the traded up to 12 without knowing there would be someone there they wanted at 12.  I's sure there are plans and contingency plans.  Look at the history of the draft.  Everyone thinks if they draft "the best" quarterback, at 1 or 2 that he will be a savior.  This is not the case.  I would be interested to know how many Rosen or nothing, or Allen or nothing, or Darnold or nothing people have actually seen them play more than on game or more than a highlight video.   Everyone needs to just relax. 

No.  Not seriously at all, man.  I friggin' LOVE Beane!!! 

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Good. Now at the owners meeting get yourself into a position (No. 2) overall to make sure you get him. 

There will be no trade up for #2 until draft day....

Unless they have 2 guys they absolutely dont mind getting and giving up that amount of picks for...

If its just Rosen they covet, what if hes gone pick 1?

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Just because I'm not sure what other thread to put this in, but per their NFL.com draft profiles:

Rosen completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move.

Mayfield completed 67 percent when on the move.

Would not have thought there would be such a big difference between the two. 

That doesnt really bother me that much. I want a pocket passer. I like baker but he does that because of his size

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Unless they have 2 guys they absolutely dont mind getting and giving up that amount of picks for...

Because there could be very well two or Three (seeing they were trying to get to 3) QBs they are happy with. 

Make the trade 

7 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Just because I'm not sure what other thread to put this in, but per their NFL.com draft profiles:

I would be interested to see how many throws Rosen actually attempted while “on the move” vs Mayfield. To my untrained eye watching them both, Mayfield ran around a lot trying to make a play after things broke down (and often did). Rosen was more inclined to stand in the pocket.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Because there could be very well two or Three (seeing they were trying to get to 3) QBs they are happy with. 

Make the trade 

True, but hypothetically... if they only feel 1 QB is worth it and that guy is Rosen, what if he goes #1 overall?  But they dont like Darnold or Mayfeild there and would rather grab someone who slips to say 6-7, or just sit at 12.

If there QB Board says Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Mayfeild... fans would exploded if they took Allen at #2.

23 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

But Jeremy White says there is no chance we take him.

I'm in agreement.  Rosen is my top pick, but I think this is all smoke.  

Beane wants Darnold.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Mills is the barn

That's disrespectful to the barn.

10 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Best QB in the NFL on the move last year? Case Keenum. 

Just now, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

True, but hypothetically... if they only feel 1 QB is worth it and that guy is Rosen, what if he goes #1 overall?  But they dont like Darnold or Mayfeild there and would rather grab someone who slips to say 6-7, or just sit at 12.

If there QB Board says Rosen, Allen, Darnold, Mayfeild... fans would exploded if they took Allen at #2.

Yeah we would because he is the biggest risk of this class. However he also has the highest ceiling So you could be getting the best QB of the draft at two (though sub 60% QBs dont succeed in modern NFL) 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

If that's your mindset, you lose.  If the Giants decide they are trading the pick the aren't waiting till draft day.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, davspo said:

Seriously?  This is the best GM we have has since Polian.  Be patient.  There is no way they traded up to 12 without knowing there would be someone there they wanted at 12.  I'm sure there are plans and contingency plans.  Look at the history of the draft.  Everyone thinks if they draft "the best" quarterback, at 1 or 2 that he will be a savior.  This is not the case.  I would be interested to know how many Rosen or nothing, or Allen or nothing, or Darnold or nothing people have actually seen them play more than on game or more than a highlight video.   Everyone needs to just relax. 

My guess is that history will show the best quarterback in this draft may not even be a first round selection.

Exactly why I don't really have a preference.  Not a big college FB guy, and have only seen highlights of the QBs and heard what all the blow hards have said in the media.  I venture to guess, a huge portion of the posters that say they want one or nothing are in the same boat as me.

I trust this FO to get it right.  And if they don't history will just continue to repeat itself and we'll get a whole new FO in 2 - 3 years.

Ahhhh the life of a longtime Bills fan....

• Like (+1) 1