The Buffalo Bills had a private workout with Rosen on Sunday

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could be totally wrong but I personally think all of the Allen stuff is coming straight from the Bills. On purpose. 

I knew this was the case when I saw someone saying that the Bills were "deliberately" making their Allen love known. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t have a lot of Bills info usually. But I have info on Rosen from a college connection who heard about his Bills workout. Just a small thing. Fwiw the Pegulas love him. They are REALLY into tennis and feel it’s a huge benefit for him as a pro QB. And Rosen really likes the culture of the team and the minority female owner. They got along really well. That’s all I know. Peace! 

Makes a lot of sense. Really hope he is the pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Carter said:

He is.  Jewish is a race, not a religion...

not to belabor this discussion, but Jewish is first a religion, although beliefs and practices vary widely between orthodox, conservative, reform, reconstructionist branches .It is second a culture, although again, attitudes,  values, practices, the way one conducts his/her life, and interacts with other jews and non-jews varies widely.  Finally, I personally know white jews, black jews, asian jews. A race-not really.   Rosen sounds like what would be called a secular Jew. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

not to belabor this discussion, but Jewish is first a religion, although beliefs and practices vary widely between orthodox, conservative, reform, reconstructionist branches .It is second a culture, although again, attitudes,  values, practices, the way one conducts his/her life, and interacts with other jews and non-jews varies widely.  Finally, I personally know white jews, black jews, asian jews. A race-not really.   Rosen sounds like what would be called a secular Jew. 

What science tells us is one thing but I have Jewish people in my family and they and their ancestors are adamant it is a race

Othodox Judaism says you are only Jewish if your mother is . It is passed maternally .  That is how they trace their lineage and why they say they are a unique race 

but as you said, white Jews, Asian Jews etc...

you are only Jewish if your mother is by law . My father being Jewish does not make me Jewish according to law

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What science tells us is one thing but I have Jewish people in my family and they and their ancestors are adamant it is a race

Othodox Judaism says you are only Jewish if your mother is . It is passed maternally .  That is how they trace their lineage and why they say they are a unique race 

you are only Jewish if your mother is by law . My father being Jewish does not make me Jewish according to law

Reform judaism says you're a jew if either parent is a jew  and you're raised as a jew. You're right as to orthodox belief. As I said, beliefs and practices are all over the place, so much so that jews themselves differ over who is a jew.  

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

people can also convert to Judaism.  This is a dumb as hell derail, who the f cares if Rosen is a practicing Jew or not

Just now, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

AGREE!

oh, edgy internet atheists.  thank you so much for taking the time to virtue signal to the buffalo bills fan community how stridently atheist you are!  Take that, Mom and Dad!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

people can also convert to Judaism.  This is a dumb as hell derail, who the f cares if Rosen is a practicing Jew or not

I can care less. I respect everybody and I’m not derailing anything 

i affirmed which someone else said which was some Jewish people believe they are their own race 

Edited by Buffalo716

On 3/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, BillsSbSoon said:

That doesnt really bother me that much. I want a pocket passer. I like baker but he does that because of his size

We don't have the o line for a pocket passer and if we give up too many picks to move up we can't build the requisite o line nor fix up the WRs. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Just because I'm not sure what other thread to put this in, but per their NFL.com draft profiles:

Rosen completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move.

Mayfield completed 67 percent when on the move.

Would not have thought there would be such a big difference between the two. 

unfortunately that's a skewed stat because ROsen was always on the move as his line was a turnstile. I do think Mayfield is a lot better on th emove but not that big of a gap under the same circumstances

48 minutes ago, Carter said:

Karmas a B word boys...

It is a good job I don't believe in karma either then. 

10 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

He said in his recent espn magazine interview that he is agnostic.

I'll take it. 

48 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

oh, edgy internet atheists.  thank you so much for taking the time to virtue signal to the buffalo bills fan community how stridently atheist you are!  Take that, Mom and Dad!

Oh come on a little joke about that fact that he shares my take on religion in a thread talking about his religion? Chill out. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sleeby said:

We don't have the o line for a pocket passer and if we give up too many picks to move up we can't build the requisite o line nor fix up the WRs. 

nonsense. Line looks bad right now but that wouldnt stop me from taking a worthy pocket passer. The line can be worked on. 

Edited by BillsSbSoon

6 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Nothing wrong here.  This shouldn't be an issue.  If we don't pick a QB because he doesn't believe in a higher power I will lose it. 

Nothing much to lose (exactly what were you going to lose, your car keys?).

6 hours ago, garybusey said:

You don't need to be Catholic to attend a Catholic school.

You just need $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to afford it.

Nonsense.  Plenty of Catholic schools give scholarships to needy students.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is coming. The Rosen One is coming. Go forth and spread the word. 

No!  The Rosen One will result in multiple board crashes throughout draft.'

You were talking about THE Rosen One, Jay Rosen, right?

• Haha (+1) 1