The Buffalo Bills had a private workout with Rosen on Sunday

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be interested to see how many throws Rosen actually attempted while “on the move” vs Mayfield. To my untrained eye watching them both, Mayfield ran around a lot trying to make a play after things broke down (and often did). Rosen was more inclined to stand in the pocket.

I don’t think this stat is an issue if the offense is built accordingly but man he looks like he’s in quicksand moving around the pocket. 

If whatever offense he’s in doesn’t get it out fast, he’s going to take some hits

Is there anything that would prevent a prospect from declining a team's request to work out?  Can't see why a player couldn't just say no.

Asking because if a player didn't want to come to Buffalo, could it be as simple as saying to Beane, "thank you for asking, but I'm not interested in working out for you" ?

27 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Just because I'm not sure what other thread to put this in, but per their NFL.com draft profiles:

Rosen completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move.

Mayfield completed 67 percent when on the move.

Would not have thought there would be such a big difference between the two. 

I suspect one ran a pro offense (behind a crappy O-line) and the other ran a college spread offense (against crappy competition)....:bag:

I think the Bills would really like that # 2 spot, reason being that they are comfortable with either Darnold (on the off chance the Browns don't jump on him) or Rosen. Maybe like the Iggles re Goff or Wentz. And I think its quite possible they value Darnold over Rosen, tho if so it speaks to their risk appetite and projections more than demonstrated ability IMO. 

I think that if the Giants are not taking a QB, there is a very good chance that a deal gets done with the Bills. I'm inclined to think that they are going QB however and will not be trading down to 12. Depending on just who these teams like at the QB position, there could be the possibility of a three way trade with maybe Indy. I think its unlikely G-Men would accept #12 if they Want a QB.

20 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Is there anything that would prevent a prospect from declining a team's request to work out?  Can't see why a player couldn't just say no.

Asking because if a player didn't want to come to Buffalo, could it be as simple as saying to Beane, "thank you for asking, but I'm not interested in working out for you" ?

Leaf didn't show up for the Colts interview at the Combine.  These guys aren't slaves, they can do whatever they want to do, but if you are interviewing for the same job with a handful of companies who all talk to each other, you better be darn sure you are willing to live with the consequences if you tell one of them no without an offer in hand.

10 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

The hay is more mobile.

Masters of the roll technique.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

13 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It's nice to see Beane is starting to get around to evaluating the QBs.  It's only been 11 months.

He obviously has the scouting reports but he hasn't had 11 months to get to sit down and talk football or work them out in private. The Rams-Titans and Browns-Eagles trades in 2016 didn't happen until April of that year. I'm glad the Bills are not rushing the PROCESS!

Beane and

I hope we take Rosen. I'm not quite sure why people don't like him. Good accuracy and very technically polished. Great deep ball.

Themain issue I have seen from him is trying to do too much and throwing into too tight of windows. I'll sign up for that weakness after a few years of Tyrod Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

Watch to see who comes to Buffalo on visits........I am guessing they will try to get all of the top 4 to visit.  Some might not be totally willing or interested...and that will reflect in the view the Bills have of that candidate.  E Manning did not want to play in San Diego post draft....hence the famous Phillip Rivers trade.  Players preference will influence what happens here.........didn't Rosen say he didn't want to go to the Browns?   One final comment.....even if we draft at 12....Lamar Jackson looks to be another TT type QB....if they didn't like TT, why would they even consider Jackson.  So, if its #12 where they pick....it will be either Rudolph or Allen if he is still there...my choice would be Rudolph in any event at #12.