3-21: AJ McCarron on WGR

On 3/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, elltrain22 said:

Call me crazy, but convince why he isn't just as good as Garrappolo?? Accurate passer, intelligent, potential, and knows how to win football games. 

Ok.  Go look up Garoppolo’s stats with NEvand with SF.  Then look up McCarron’s in 2015.  Convince yourself.  Explain to us why they are just as good.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

I wasn't a fan of Dareus from the very beginning. Cyrus K. was a reach.

Love most things about the school. :) 

Its a good school, no doubt.  

Not a Stanford or maybe even an UNC on a state school level, but still a fine institution.  And like him or not, Saban is the best.    

Edited by stony
  • Thank you (+1) 1

i listened to him being interviewed live,  and i must say,  he either was bored,  sleepy,  or hes dumber than a box of rocks.

not saying he definately is,   but that was a terrible segment to listen too.

if hes our starter day 1,  ill support him till he doesnt deserve it anymore,  but this particular interview didnt leave me feeling like our QB situation has been resolved.

Edited by bigduke6

I think the interesting part of McCarran is that he sat on the bench.  Why is that interesting.  

1.  He won't want to go there again.  

2.  He sat behind Dalton for a while.  And say what you will about Dalton but he got them to the playoffs a few years in a row and he's a pro...maybe not the best pro but he's a good mentor.

3.  He's a smart enough kid yo know how to prep properly after sitting for a while so I believe he will be ready to play whenever we need him. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I like how this argument goes to 30% success rate for the position.

What is the Success rate of players picked at 65? 53?

this argument always goes we can get starters with the other picks without actually talking about the CHANCE of THAT actually happening.  If you actually lay that out, I bet it doesn't look as bad to package them up for that 30% chance at finally fixing the most important position on the football field.

Sorry but if I'm offering-up at least 5 premium picks, I'm going to need more than a 30% chance at a franchise QB (and that includes guys like Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer, and Alex Smith).  If you want to talk SB-winning QB's...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Sorry but if I'm offering-up at least 5 premium picks, I'm going to need more than a 30% chance at a franchise QB (and that includes guys like Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer, and Alex Smith).  If you want to talk SB-winning QB's...

What are the chances you get a premium player at those picks again?

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

That can happen real quick with all those picks.

big maybe

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

i listened to him being interviewed live,  and i must say,  he either was bored,  sleepy,  or hes dumber than a box of rocks.

not saying he definately is,   but that was a terrible segment to listen too.

if hes our starter day 1,  ill support him till he doesnt deserve it anymore,  but this particular interview didnt leave me feeling like our QB situation has been resolved.

you've seen the perhaps?

trust the Process

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What are the chances you get a premium player at those picks again?

Is Mccarron starting ?

LOL

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ok.  Go look up Garoppolo’s stats with NEvand with SF.  Then look up McCarron’s in 2015.  Convince yourself.  Explain to us why they are just as good.

When they were backups, you are saying that Garrapolo's numbers were a whole lot better than McCarron's? Really?

Yes, SF. In NE? NFW. Both completed a high percentage of passes. McCarron threw 2 picks, Garrapolo none. Numbers weren't that much different. I'm not saying they are equivilant players now. But you don't just get to make up numbers when they were backups.