3-21: AJ McCarron on WGR

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

25% of students at Alabama have an ACT score of 32 or greater, and 40% have an ACT score of 30 or greater. Believe it or not, Alabama has about the same percentage of high end students as elite public universities. Don't understimate Alabama academics.

He wants to start. Buffalo gives him that opportunity and other teams didn't.

Exactly. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

COLLEGE MEANS NOTHING

McCarron was a 5th round pick 

So college means nothing, but draft order does?  How does someone determine draft order if college means nothing?

2 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Some people like to have something to complain about. I don't get the negativity either. 

Likely to be the same people that will complain bitterly when the front office doesn't do exactly what they think should happen, or quibble over every single draft pick, or tell us they can do this whole thing better. 

What ev. 

These are the same people that should the Bills ever win a Super Bowl will complain that we didn't win by enough points or our QB didn't throw for enough yards.

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

25% of students at Alabama have an ACT score of 32 or greater, and 40% have an ACT score of 30 or greater. Believe it or not, Alabama has about the same percentage of high end students as elite public universities. Don't understimate Alabama academics.

He wants to start. Buffalo gives him that opportunity and other teams didn't.

It was a joke.

I wish I had the same passion in defending something as you do for Alabama.  It's pretty damn impressive.  

Edited by stony
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stony said:

It was a joke.

I wish I had the same passion in defending something as you do for Alabama.  It's pretty damn impressive.  

Don't know that it is an Alabama thing. Did he defend or say anything good about Marcel Dareus or Cyrus K.? I won't. But our NFL QB drought at Bama has been loooong. :)

2 hours ago, Doc said:

OK, so how much is too much in your opinion?  And what if Rosen busts?  You have nothing to show for the 2017 draft and you've set yourself back years.

Fallacy on setting anything back years. 

Too much is over 50% premium on the pick moving into. 

So giving up 3901 points to move into a 2600 point pick

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

So college means nothing, but draft order does?  How does someone determine draft order if college means nothing?

These are the same people that should the Bills ever win a Super Bowl will complain that we didn't win by enough points or our QB didn't throw for enough yards.

Trying ti Bring up his college Now when his college tape made him a 5th round pick in a relatively weak QB class does mean NOTHING 

the fact he could not beat out a meddling NFL QB does mean something 

Edited by MAJBobby

24 minutes ago, RollBillsRoll said:

Don't know that it is an Alabama thing. Did he defend or say anything good about Marcel Dareus or Cyrus K.? I won't. But our NFL QB drought at Bama has been loooong. :)

I wasn't a fan of Dareus from the very beginning. Cyrus K. was a reach.

32 minutes ago, stony said:

It was a joke.

Love most things about the school. :) 

Edited by Sky Diver

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No it doesn't.  Dalton is their guy and took them to the playoffs 4 years in a row.  You gotta knock out the champ.  Just because he didn't doesn't mean he can't be effective here.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

No it doesn't.  Dalton is their guy and took them to the playoffs 4 years in a row.  You gotta knock out the champ.  Just because he didn't doesn't mean he can't be effective here.

So everyone is siked for a QB that cant beat out Andy Dalton. AWESOME yep people just hate top emd QB play in Buffalo. 

Garoppolo sat behind Brady with only two starts.  There would have been a bidding war for him if he hit UFA as opposed to what happened with AJM.   McCarron will have a chance nonetheless to prove all doubters wrong.

How so?  I'd love top end QB play in Buffalo.  Hopefully we see it this year.  It's easy to find evidently.

All McCarron is the low paid vet to keep the seat warm and have the Rookie earn it

Edited by MAJBobby

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Fallacy on setting anything back years. 

Too much is over 50% premium on the pick moving into. 

So giving up 3901 points to move into a 2600 point pick

Trying ti Bring up his college Now when his college tape made him a 5th round pick in a relatively weak QB class does mean NOTHING 

Seems pretty arbitrary.  Again if this draft truly has 70 starting-caliber players, the Bills can get 5 of them, and they trade them away for the chance at one guy at a position with a 30% success rate of being a franchise QB, that's not a good use of resources.  And if he turns out to be one of the 70%...

And McCarron was never going to unseat Dalton.  Not with the Bengals giving Dalton a huge extension prior to the 2014 season, making the playoffs every year Dalton had been there through the 2015 season, and Dalton having an excellent 2016 season. 

Just now, Doc said:

Seems pretty arbitrary.  Again if this draft truly has 70 starting-caliber players, the Bills can get 5 of them, and they trade them away for the chance at one guy at a position with a 30% success rate of being a franchise QB, that's not a good use of resources.  And if he turns out to be one of the 70%...

And McCarron was never going to unseat Dalton.  Not with the Bengals giving Dalton a huge extension prior to the 2014 season, making the playoffs every year Dalton had been there through the 2015 season, and Dalton having an excellent 2016 season. 

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

I like how this argument goes to 30% success rate for the position.

What is the Success rate of players picked at 65? 53?

this argument always goes we can get starters with the other picks without actually talking about the CHANCE of THAT actually happening.  If you actually lay that out, I bet it doesn't look as bad to package them up for that 30% chance at finally fixing the most important position on the football field.

Edited by MAJBobby

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

And Brett Favre couldn't beat out  Chris Chandler.