Is there a rush to judgement on Peterman?

Not as much as how he responds in the game after that bad game. 

I don’t care what player in what sport at which level, there are going to be games where you just don’t have it. It’s just the nature of the beast. It’s all about how the player gets off the mat.

12 hours ago, SoTier said:

Except for Favre and Manning, all these QBs were in their primes 30 years ago ... and even Favre's prime was about 20 years ago.

What do Tee Martin, Mike McMahon, AJ Feeley, Randy Fasani, Brandon Doman, Craig Nall, Brian St Pierre, Craig Krenzel, Dan Orlovsky, Adrian McPherson, Ingle Martin, Omar Jacobs,  Jeff Rowe, Troy Smith, John David Booty, Dennis Dixon, Josh Johnson, Erik Ainge, Rhett Bomar, Nate Davis, John Skelton, Jonathan Crompton, Ricky Stanzi, TJ Yates,  Nathan Enderle, Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron?    They're all the fifth round draft picks taken since 2000.

There are a few who were backup QBs, some for even several years, but none of them came close to becoming even a low level starting QB.   Most of these guys probably never even played in an NFL regular season game.  You can yap all you want about "armchair GM season" but the reality is that Nate Peterman is a longshot to become even an NFL backup for several years.

I also mentioned people on here talking about 1st round potential QBs saying they can't improve as they move to the NFL.  You can "yap" all you want about Qbs in certain rounds that will never make it but Tom Brady, Marc Bulger, Mark Brunell, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselbeck, Joe Theismann, Mark Rypien, Roger Staubach and Bart Starr all say hi.  It happens, so thanks.  Kurt Warner wasn't even drafted...you can chuck your argument right out the window.  Any player just needs a chance, a real chance.

Edited by Buffalo30

On 3/23/2018 at 9:46 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Give you a break from what?  Facts?

Did I say Nate would be great? 

Umm. Foles was available I believe 

who else? Keenum? 

Peterman has a horrible half.  

He was put in because what McDermott had a brain fart or because TT was playing poorly?

And yet many held out hope for Tyrod Taylor.  

I guess bills fans are clueless 

Highly rated prospect he said?

like some experts said about Nate? 

The Natehaters you gotta love em no? 

Peterman sucks, get over it. 

Throwing up the 199th pick from 18 years ago does not relate in anyway to Nate Peterman. 

What does relate to Nate Peterman is his awful play on the field in the limited chances he’s been out there. 

This is reminds me of the fans who thought Jeff Tuel was the answer, or wanted Brian Brohm to get more time. 

7 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Peterman sucks, get over it. 

Throwing up the 199th pick from 18 years ago does not relate in anyway to Nate Peterman. 

What does relate to Nate Peterman is his awful play on the field in the limited chances he’s been out there. 

This is reminds me of the fans who thought Jeff Tuel was the answer, or wanted Brian Brohm to get more time. 

What is my reply supposed to be??

Tyrod sucked too.  Get over it.  

The Chroise mane the Chroise.  

image.thumb.png.dc9c4015bfca561ed622b57e2bde85fe.png

I thinks it's hilarious he broke the all time record for picks. Poor guy got roasted on Twitter. But he bounced back. I think he could be a serviceable backup, though I am apprehensive if we roll with McCarron and Peterman as our guys.

May screen name was mostly to destroy Saviour Pete.. You guys are welcome.

13 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I thinks it's hilarious he broke the all time record for picks. Poor guy got roasted on Twitter. But he bounced back. I think he could be a serviceable backup, though I am apprehensive if we roll with McCarron and Peterman as our guys.

May screen name was mostly to destroy Saviour Pete.. You guys are welcome.

We got a disaster in that game because of the disaster 3 or 4 games prior.    

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, SouthNYfan said:

And?

Carr graded as a first round pick and had a cannon coming out of college.

Rudolph isn't even close to his arm talent.

Arm strength is not that much of a difference. All the QB's can throw the ball 50+ yards in the air.  Throwing 4mph less is not a big deal. More important is whether he can throw the 10 yard touch pass, not do dumb things and anticipate a defensive shift and when a WR will make his break.  Rudolph had 4 years of increasing success in a decent conference (4th), whereas somebody like cannon-armed Allen had 2 years in a lesser conference (7th).  Those things also enter into the evaluation.

5 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Arm strength is not that much of a difference. All the QB's can throw the ball 50+ yards in the air.  Throwing 4mph less is not a big deal. More important is whether he can throw the 10 yard touch pass, not do dumb things and anticipate a defensive shift and when a WR will make his break.  Rudolph had 4 years of increasing success in a decent conference (4th), whereas somebody like cannon-armed Allen had 2 years in a lesser conference (7th).  Those things also enter into the evaluation.

Except by every single scouting report it is.

Rudolph's arm is weaker than the top prospects.

That's a fact.

Throwing it 50+ in the air with maximum effort with a long windup isn't the same as a a guy who can do it effortlessly.

Watch film.

He struggles with tight windows because of velocity.

Absolutely no rush to judgment. His first performance as a starter was HISTORICALLY bad. No one with that many interceptions in their first game has ever made themselves into a quality starter and he did it all in a single half. I don't have any confidence he's the guy to buck that trend. 

On 3/23/2018 at 5:05 AM, kdiggz said:

These greats probably had way more good throws than bad throws in those games too. Peterman looked completely inadequate. These are not good comparisons

did any of them throw all those picks is in the first half alone?

I'm thinking if Stabler comes in that playoff game late down by 4, we win that game.  He woulda bounced it off his foot into the EZ of something if he had to.

Edited by reddogblitz