Albert Breer's new mock

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Ugh. 

I don't see any basis that Allen could become the "best QB in the game" when all of the best QBs in the history of the NFL had elite pin point accuracy. 

Brady, Marino, Montana, Brees, Manning, Kelly, Aikman, Elway, etc - all supremely accurate passers until late in their careers. Aside from maybe Marino and Elway's arm strength, Allen is nothing like any of them. 

And Allen's floor is unbelievably low. Think EJ Manuel, Josh Freeman, Kyle Boller, JP Losman, etc, out of the NFL after 5 years low...

Elway had a career completion percentage of 56.9 and was NEVER considered "pinpoint" accurate, ever...Neither was Favre.  Both are all-time greats.  Russell Wilson is one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and I don't think anyone would say accuracy is he best trait.  But sure, lets revise history to support your narrative.

Do you know who IS "accurate"?  Nathan Peterman

Every thread about QB’s in this year’s drafts proves the point that we should stay at 12 and reap the benefits of the 6 picks in the top 95. There is no consensus pick. If there was a Andrew Luck or a Matt Stafford then by all means give all our picks away to go get him ? but since there isn’t a consensus pick stay at 12 and take Jackson or BPA. At 22 take Nackson if you didn’t take him at 12. Then take BPA there. Plus second and third round picks would totally turn this team into a young talented team.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

LMAO

EJ Manuel - 6'5, 237 pounds, 4.65 forty, huge arm - COLOSSAL BUST

Kyle Boller - 6'4, 234 pounds, 4.65 forty, huge arm - COLOSSAL BUST

Josh Freeman - 6'6, 248 pounds, 4.9 forty, huge arm - COLOSSAL BUST

Jake Locker - 6'3, 231 pounds, 4.59 forty, huge arm - COLOSSAL BUST

The fact that he's 6'5, 230 with some mobility doesn't matter if he can't throw accurate passes consistently. 

What matter is if he can consistently move the chains with short accurate passes. That's what all elite NFL QBs do, and have done in the past. 

Whether or not he can throw the ball 40 yards on a rope while on the run or 80 yards in the air is irrelevant. It's the other 98% of the passes he makes that dictate success. 

4 guys...huge sample size.  and we already talked about EJ.  Not to mention the fact that the statement "huge arm" is complete bull ****.  I could name you 50 quarterbacks who are 6'2" and "Accurate" with insane college numbers that flopped.

And Josh Freeman made a pro bowl.  He was a good quarterback in the NFL at one point and considered a future star before it all came crashing down for whatever reason.  Not exactly a great comp.

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Ugh. 

I don't see any basis that Allen could become the "best QB in the game" when all of the best QBs in the history of the NFL had elite pin point accuracy. 

Brady, Marino, Montana, Brees, Manning, Kelly, Aikman, Elway, etc - all supremely accurate passers until late in their careers. Aside from maybe Marino and Elway's arm strength, Allen is nothing like any of them. 

And Allen's floor is unbelievably low. Think EJ Manuel, Josh Freeman, Kyle Boller, JP Losman, etc, out of the NFL after 5 years low...

I'm not seeing accuracy issues.  Most of his throws were tight window throws right on the money against Iowa in a game where if you just look at his completion percentage, you'd think he struggled with accuracy and was throwing the ball all over the place.  

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

I'm not seeing accuracy issues.  Most of his throws were tight window throws right on the money against Iowa in a game where if you just look at his completion percentage, you'd think he struggled with accuracy and was throwing the ball all over the place.  

That's kind of my point...it's lazy journalism based mostly on numbers, then gets repeated in "scouting reports" and on message boards.

When you actually watch him throw a football in games and in shorts, it's clear he is talented.  Maybe he isn't Drew Brees accurate, but he's not Blake Bortles bad, either.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Beane doesn't have the guts to go to 2, he's drunk on his draft capital.

Oh Chucky.

He also likes his job, and realizes his career is staked on this draft.   GM's don't stay employed unless they win, and they don't win without a stud qb.

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

A QB taken with the 12th pick in the draft should NOT have to "sit for a year or 2."

I am by no means saying that he HAS to "sit for a year or 2." Just would nice to have the option.

Just breath before being confrontational...

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

65.4% career. 

Do you think Cam is an accurate passer, though?  Because he's not.  At all.  Super streaky.  But he has a great arm and makes plays lots of other guys can't make.

Edited by Mikey152

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sub 60% college QBs do not succeed in modern NFL

This agrees with you. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/broncos-trevor-siemian-college-career-stats-northwestern-starter-denver/pgoyeximjcm21skmo47il94em

There are examples in the 80s and 90s, but not in today’s game. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

4 guys...huge sample size.  and we already talked about EJ.  Not to mention the fact that the statement "huge arm" is complete bull ****.  I could name you 50 quarterbacks who are 6'2" and "Accurate" with insane college numbers that flopped.

And Josh Freeman made a pro bowl.  He was a good quarterback in the NFL at one point and considered a future star before it all came crashing down for whatever reason.  Not exactly a great comp.

Josh Freeman was out of the NFL after five years. 

Unless that's the type of career we're looking for, that's about as bad a career as a 1st round QB can have. 

All of the players I mentioned were as good as, if not better athletes than Allen. All of them also had accuracy problems.

All of them were complete busts in the NFL because none of them could move the chains on a consistent basis because they miss too many throws. 

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Beane doesn't have the guts to go to 2, he's drunk on his draft capital.

Oh Chucky.

He also likes his job, and realizes his career is staked on this draft.   GM's don't stay employed unless they win, and they don't win without a stud qb.

I think Allen could thrive in a place where he had an AJ Green, Julio, etc.   Big targets with big catch radius.  Obviously nobody knows which (if any) of these qb's are going to pan out, but Allen reminds me of Ryan Leaf, which isn't fair to the kid, but I can't help it.

Just now, Mikey152 said:

That's kind of my point...it's lazy journalism based mostly on numbers, then gets repeated in "scouting reports" and on message boards.

When you actually watch him throw a football in games and in shorts, it's clear he is talented.  Maybe he isn't Drew Brees accurate, but he's not Blake Bortles bad, either.

I want to clarify...   my opinion is he’ll be closer to Bortles than Elway, but my hope is he’s Wentz.   I’ve watched ridiculous amounts of him.   His mechanics are going to take serious time to develop. He’ll be annihilated by this fan base, too.  I don’t think Buffalo is his best fit.  Denver...   all day!   NYJ, yikes!  But I like him, I just would not trade up to pick him.  He scares me more than any other prospect, just because he’s projected in the top 5.  

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This agrees with you. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/amp/nfl/news/broncos-trevor-siemian-college-career-stats-northwestern-starter-denver/pgoyeximjcm21skmo47il94em

There are examples in the 80s and 90s, but not in today’s game. 

It's unbelievable how people vouch for these QBs every year. 

It's like the scene in Money Ball where the old scouts are gushing about how a prospects swing looks, how the bat sounds when he makes contact, etc, and Brad Pitt responds by asking, if he's a good hitter, then why isn't he a good hitter?

That's how I view Allen. I don't care that he looks like a franchise QB or that he can throw a football 80 yards (a completely irrelevant trait in the NFL considering no QB is ever required to throw the ball 80 yards). I care about how well he "passes" the football, and he falls way short in that category due to his very poor accuracy.