Wallace

add zero compensation RFAs

Cameron Meredith

Willie Snead

and Other RFA WRs that require compensation 

Quincy Enuwa - 2nd

Tyrell Williams - 2nd

Adama Humphries - 2nd 

At this point I don't see any of those guys coming here for a paltry salary which is where we are at w/o unplanned changes.  We supposedly have 20-21 million with around 10 reserved for the rookie class and 8-10 reserved for in-season needs such as signing somebody to replace a player who went down with injury.  I don't see Beane tapping into the "injury" money.

29 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

At this point I don't see any of those guys coming here for a paltry salary which is where we are at w/o unplanned changes.  We supposedly have 20-21 million with around 10 reserved for the rookie class and 8-10 reserved for in-season needs such as signing somebody to replace a player who went down with injury.  I don't see Beane tapping into the "injury" money.

Again 1st guess what everyone is getting this time of UFA. Cheap Deals. They want a job they will sign cheap deals. 

Second Cap Space opens up June 1 with Woods retiring

3 more cap space easily opens up with some simple restructuring of current contracts or extensions to say like Benjamin would free up 4-6 alone. 

And 4th we have 21 Mil in space with the rookie pool already set aside we add it in we are up to 30M in space today. Granted Kyle still needs to apply in which likely is the vested vet type contract that allows to count lower against the cap than what his contract actually is. (the veteren cap benefit rule)

Cap is easily manipulated. Eventually people will understand that. 

Edited by MAJBobby

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Again 1st guess what everyone is getting this time of UFA. Cheap Deals. They want a job they will sign cheap deals. 

Second Cap Space opens up June 1 with Woods retiring

3 more cap space easily opens up with some simple restructuring of current contracts or extensions to say like Benjamin would free up 4-6 alone. 

And 4th we have 21 Mil in space with the rookie pool already set aside we add it in we are up to 30M in space today. Granted Kyle still needs to apply in which likely is the vested vet type contract that allows to count lower against the cap than what his contract actually is. (the veteren cap benefit rule)

Cap is easily manipulated. Eventually people will understand that. 

At this point the better fits may wait until after June 1 or camp time when somebody goes down.

Maybe the Bills restructure or maybe they decide to handle it via the draft.  Their choice.

30 million was not showing as of a day ago or so but I'll take your word for it for now.  Further, they may see better value in players that play other positions and again use the draft to address WR.

Yeah, you can rearrange things when it comes to the cap but sometimes in the long that is not the best way to handle things.

7 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

At this point the better fits may wait until after June 1 or camp time when somebody goes down.

Maybe the Bills restructure or maybe they decide to handle it via the draft.  Their choice.

30 million was not showing as of a day ago or so but I'll take your word for it for now.  Further, they may see better value in players that play other positions and again use the draft to address WR.

Yeah, you can rearrange things when it comes to the cap but sometimes in the long that is not the best way to handle things.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s why I said a 2 year backloaded deal worth 5 mill per.......uhhhhh

OBD is not obligated to do anything we say which is the point.  Backloading is your point and not anything more than that.  I don't necessarily disagree with it but consider it fairly improbable.  At this point we do not know how long Jones will be gone.  It's not a forgone conclusion at this point that he is done in Buffalo.  Who knows, maybe he will walk away from the NFL as he might find the sudden spotlight very uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

OBD is not obligated to do anything we say which is the point.  Backloading is your point and not anything more than that.  I don't necessarily disagree with it but consider it fairly improbable.  At this point we do not know how long Jones will be gone.  It's not a forgone conclusion at this point that he is done in Buffalo.  Who knows, maybe he will walk away from the NFL as he might find the sudden spotlight very uncomfortable.

I’m a guy in a message board.  My point is not backloading.  My point is.....we now have the worst WRs in the league and if we have to pay him 5 mill a year, I’d be ok with it.

On 3/20/2018 at 10:48 PM, TigerJ said:

I'd be OK with Matthews.  I agree with the notion that he is better than he showed last year when he was dealing with old undiagnosed injuries.  His sub par season a year ago seems to have gotten in the way of signing a lucrative contract, so he may be willing to come back on a one year prove it deal.

There seem to be a lot of "old undiagnosed" injuries on Bills and this is a surprise considering Bills have access to some of the finest medicine in US.

I think some of these players are aware of and do not disclose because they will drop in draft (Jones), are at end of contract and want to get a lucrative contact post initial contract (Mathews) or are free agents wanting to sign with new teams.  It appears that the Bills need deeper checks into players.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:30 PM, H2o said:

I got money on Spice or Molly and the league will surely have their say in it. He may just be ****ing crazy and not like Robert Woods crazy. Who knows at this point, but you have to be prepared. 

Have you ever taken Molly? This was the opposite of what it does. Molly is out of your system in days and spice doesn't even register. No one will ever know.

Edited by BullBuchanan