Zay Jones Arrested

sven233

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

For a player with so much talent you could see something was not right,  dropped passes and lack of concentration the guy looked like a bust.  Then his father announces he played the season injured,  which looks now like a cover for drug problem.  I would cut him ASAP so he can fix himself and he does not spread his problem to other young Bills players on this team.

Lets give up on a 2nd round pick ? 

What a a dumb idea.  Plenty of time to get him right for the season.  

1 minute ago, MURPHD6 said:

Drugs can contribute to manic episodes, but they don't directly trigger them. Other factors like stress, lack of sleep, and genetics are just as likely to be contributing factors. If he tried to jump out a window, he's manic, and weed doesn't cause that.

Weed isn’t being blamed here. 

• Like (+1) 1

For those on this thread who have been worrying about the second round pick status and the Bills screwing up- try and put humanity above your petty nonsense for once. Also, keep in mind that many saw him as about a clean a prospect as there is. But hey go ahead and overreact because that's what you do.

Edited by horned dogs

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

For those on this thread who have been worrying about the second round pick status and the Bills screwing up- try and put humanity above your petty nonsense for once. Also, keep in mind that many saw him as about a clean a prospect as there is. But hey go ahead and overreact because that's what you do.

Every single comment I’ve seen on twitter from current teammates, people who know him, anyone who has met him, etc are that they are very surprised and glowing remarks about him as a person. Not a single negative comment. It points to the likely possibility that this is an isolated incident of poor decision making. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I would honestly cut my losses and move on if I were the Bills.

Happy, I respect your opinion, and I enjoy reading a great many of your posts.  I respectfully disagree.  And apologies if this is redundant compared to some other replies, but I just didn't feel like reading all 26 pages...

WHAT??  ?  Surely you can't be serious...

This is the most prolific receiver, the ALL-TIME RECEPTION LEADER IN NCAA HISTORY!!!!  I don't care that he did it at ECU, and I dont care if 93.5% of his catches were screens and bubble screens!  You had to do SOMETHING to achieve that feat!  This kid had human stickum in college and caught virtually EVERYTHING thrown his way!!!  Wide-open, over the middle, fades, posts, flys, open or covered, particularly covered this kid effin catches everything.  When we drafted him I was effin ecstatic AND I STILL AM.  I know every member of this board knows that WR's TYPICALLY take around 3 years to mature and "blossom" into the receiver their team hopes they can be.  This is a kid who I admit, struggled through his rookie year, got inside his own head and developed a case of the dropsies, and was called upon to do an awful lot for a first year player.  Yet he never complained, took full accountability for his mistakes, even the debatable throw/non catch in the Carolina game he stepped up and said it was on him.  I know it wasn't his hands, but from what I've read and been told, a torn labrum can most certainly affect one's ability to catch the ball, particularly when in fear of landing wrong, or being blanketed by a defender. 

Yes, he was probably under the influence of something crazy....or perhaps he was still taking painkillers, and then got high and had a bad interaction between the two.  Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the truth...However, Zay CAN get past this.  If Zay wants to.  Here's to hoping legally this remains a vandalism charge, Zay can get it dropped or reduced, plead no contest at worst, get some fines and restitution, and perhaps get a 1 game or none suspension.

But to hear my fellow members in such agreement on cutting this kid bewilders me!!  He's 26!  He's going into his 2nd year, and FIRST fully healthy!  Cutting him would be a GIGANTIC mistake!  I swear to all of you, if we cut this kid, we WILL watch another team SNATCH him up, and we will all have to endure Sundays of seeing the bottom line look like, New England 37 - Tampa Bay 10, NE: T Brady, 26-32 354 yds, 4 TDs......Z Jones, 10 ctchs 146 yds, 2 TDs.

Guys (and Buffalo Gal), this is a KID.  Who did something stupid.  If he can put this behind him, let him suit up for us and catch passes from Rosen (or Mayfield), and become the receiver we all hoped he would be.  It's WAYYYYY too early to be even thinking about getting rid of this kid.

IMHO

• Like (+1) 1

Either a bad trip (PCP, laced weed, synthetic weed, acid/mushrooms) or mental health issue...either way, no need to be cutting this young man from our football team LOL...crazy takes out there in the wake of this video.

Disturbing, sad...but from all indications he is a class act kid. Wait until facts come out and move forward from there to help him/ensure it doesn't happen again (I am VERY confident that is what the Bills organization will do - you don't preach culture culture culture and then ditch a kid at the first sign of trouble). 

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Bakin said:

That’s the least obvious thing it could be. 

Certainly a freak out on drugs is more likely. 

Popular misconception. Drugs aren't the only factor that lead to manic episodes. They can contribute, but other factors are always involved, like genetic disposition, stress, etc.

Edited by MURPHD6

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree i think it’s more likely it’s a drug incident. Either way whether it’s mental illness or drugs, I’m surprised people think his career is over. Numerous examples on both sides of players still in the league after one of these episodes. As I said I would be surprised if the Bills even cut him unless there is a pattern of this behavior with drugs that we are unaware of.  

Odds are he probably will not be available the first part of the season due to suspension.  The team's offseason money is shot and we have pretty well cut to the bone in terms of vet salaries so there are extremely few cut options.  We knew the team needed to do something in terms of addressing WR so it becomes a priority in the draft.  The chances of giving away the farm for a move up most likely took a hit.

13 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Happy, I respect your opinion, and I enjoy reading a great many of your posts.  I respectfully disagree.  And apologies if this is redundant compared to some other replies, but I just didn't feel like reading all 26 pages...

WHAT??  ?  Surely you can't be serious...

This is the most prolific receiver, the ALL-TIME RECEPTION LEADER IN NCAA HISTORY!!!!  I don't care that he did it at ECU, and I dont care if 93.5% of his catches were screens and bubble screens!  You had to do SOMETHING to achieve that feat!  This kid had human stickum in college and caught virtually EVERYTHING thrown his way!!!  Wide-open, over the middle, fades, posts, flys, open or covered, particularly covered this kid effin catches everything.  When we drafted him I was effin ecstatic AND I STILL AM.  I know every member of this board knows that WR's TYPICALLY take around 3 years to mature and "blossom" into the receiver their team hopes they can be.  This is a kid who I admit, struggled through his rookie year, got inside his own head and developed a case of the dropsies, and was called upon to do an awful lot for a first year player.  Yet he never complained, took full accountability for his mistakes, even the debatable throw/non catch in the Carolina game he stepped up and said it was on him.  I know it wasn't his hands, but from what I've read and been told, a torn labrum can most certainly affect one's ability to catch the ball, particularly when in fear of landing wrong, or being blanketed by a defender. 

Yes, he was probably under the influence of something crazy....or perhaps he was still taking painkillers, and then got high and had a bad interaction between the two.  Unfortunately, we'll probably never know the truth...However, Zay CAN get past this.  If Zay wants to.  Here's to hoping legally this remains a vandalism charge, Zay can get it dropped or reduced, plead no contest at worst, get some fines and restitution, and perhaps get a 1 game or none suspension.

But to hear my fellow members in such agreement on cutting this kid bewilders me!!  He's 26!  He's going into his 2nd year, and FIRST fully healthy!  Cutting him would be a GIGANTIC mistake!  I swear to all of you, if we cut this kid, we WILL watch another team SNATCH him up, and we will all have to endure Sundays of seeing the bottom line look like, New England 37 - Tampa Bay 10, NE: T Brady, 26-32 354 yds, 4 TDs......Z Jones, 10 ctchs 146 yds, 2 TDs.

Guys (and Buffalo Gal), this is a KID.  Who did something stupid.  If he can put this behind him, let him suit up for us and catch passes from Rosen (or Mayfield), and become the receiver we all hoped he would be.  It's WAYYYYY too early to be even thinking about getting rid of this kid.

IMHO

I believe Ryan Broyles and Justin Hardy are #2 and 3 on that list for most FBS receptions. It really doesn't mean anything. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Every single comment I’ve seen on twitter from current teammates, people who know him, anyone who has met him, etc are that they are very surprised and glowing remarks about him as a person. Not a single negative comment. It points to the likely possibility that this is an isolated incident of poor decision making. 

This matters Yolo. As I stated above, it doesn't seem as if police or others were hurt. This is huge imo.

My experience has taught me that more often than not, when a good guy gets sick, he is just that.

And when a scumbag gets sick, he is a sick scumbag.

14 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Popular misconception. Drugs aren't the only factor that lead to manic episodes. They can contribute, but other factors are always involved, like genetic disposition, stress, etc.

Let me put it this way, you don't have a bad trip and decide to try and jump out of a window. But a bad trip can trigger a manic episode that leads to you trying to jump out a window. Once you have a manic episode, they can reccur without the use of drugs, as well, so there is no direct link between a drugs presence or absense. Teams and doctors know this, and there is a pretty big stygma attatched to it, so he may never play for Buffalo again.

Edited by MURPHD6