Was Trent Edwards broken?

Did that hit ruin Trent Edwards career? No, No, No, No, and No. 

A lot of Bills fans cling to this idea, and it's demonstratively wrong. The best game of Edward's career (vs Chargers) came AFTER that concussion. 

Edwards was NEVER good and the 4-0 start to  the 2008 season was born of lucky scheduling. The best record any of those 4 teams had at the end of the 2008 season was 5-11

• Like (+1) 2

I don't know how this myth of him ever being good has persisted for so long. Trent was never more than a backup. If Walsh hadn't mentioned his name to Marv, he probably wouldn't even have been a 3rd round pick.

Trent played safe - before and after the hit. That's why Jauron liked him.

• Like (+1) 1

I fully believe that his bell was rung...it happened just after I bought his Jersey..I could tell he was the answer we needed at QB. Then after the Nasty hit in Arizona..you could just tell he wouldn't be the same again...that hit was extremely hard and completely unnecessary.Kind of glad they protect the QB more than they did back then

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya after that hit something changed in him. Even tho played good one more game. He seemed like afraid to get hits. 

Ya, something changed ... DCs figured out how to defend him.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

His release was weird. He was great in preseason for Chan, wins the job, starts the first couple of games, then cut. It was strange. It was like if we decided to cut Tyrod after that Godawful saints game. 

We wouldn't have to trade up if we did that...

• Like (+1) 1

This brings up a good point. It's so easy for us (myself included) to sit back watching the games and be frustrated with a player for shying away from a hit, or being skiddish in the pocket, or whatever. But most of us couldn't take the punishment that these guys do. I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that played football at some level, but the NFL is a whole different world. These guys really are putting their bodies and minds on the line. I'm sure there are a number of guys who don't make it in the league simply because humans don't like to get hit. It can't be easy to see a Ray Lewis-type dude running full speed at you, intent on inflicting pain, and just stand there and take it. I can completely understand a guy becoming gun shy to where he plays himself out of the league. It takes a rare breed to do what those guys do.