Greg Gabriel Short Article On The Bills Drafting a QB

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so be it...that is ALL I asked for.....you can put your flaps down...NOSE UP... crap at the curb with me son....I asked for a a clarification of opinion and not some high horse lecture............

No need to be offended just as I wasn't when you accused me of riding his azz. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

People here want to act like Greg is never wrong.  He missed big time on Peterman

Maybe.  A fifth round QB should not normally be playing at all in their rookie year,  I believe the FO has a higher opinion of him than many on this forum.  

1 minute ago, richardb1952 said:

Maybe.  A fifth round QB should not normally be playing at all in their rookie year,  I believe the FO has a higher opinion of him than many on this forum.  

You actually have to go back and read what he wrote - not just guess.  He sang Peterman’s praises all through the 2017 draft and regarded him as one of the best Qb’s in the class.  

When the Bills drafted him, he boldly predicted that he would replace Tyrod before the middle of the season.  

The when ghe the season started he criticized Tyrod and called for NP.  Surprising but after 5 INT his praise stopped.  Gee I wonder why.  

Greg was really really wrong here

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Interesting opinion from him and thanks for sharing. My issue is that, to me, that second tier is what we have already. If we are getting a quarterback similar to McCarron or Peterman then why bother? If we are drafting in that next tier it has to be Jackson, because at least he has all world potential if all goes right. Those other dudes are JAGs. 

I am respectfully disagreeing.

Just because some QBs that are not considered "physical freaks" haven't panned out doesn't mean that some won't.  Fact of the matter is that many of the "physical freaks" have not panned out either.

Most important aspect of playing QB in the NFL (IMHO) is ability to read defenses, make quick decisions on where to throw it and then make that throw.   That doesn't mean the guy with the best arm.

19 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

And what fans seem to lose sight of, regarding Peterman, some of the best QBs in NFL history have had horrible first starts. Nothing is truly known about Peterman other than his horrendous first start and a very good game manager type game against Indy in the snow. But count me among those who feel Peterman’s future remains an unknown, regardless of popular opinion.

Don’t mind Nostradamus, he knows the future of every young inexperienced player or any other guys who struggled during his first NFL action.... Rumor has it, he predicted Foles to be Super Bowl MVP, Keenum to lead the Vikings to the NFC Chapionship and Goff to go from potential bust to the belle of the ball. 

Edited by BananaB

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am respectfully disagreeing.

Just because some QBs that are not considered "physical freaks" haven't panned out doesn't mean that some won't.  Fact of the matter is that many of the "physical freaks" have not panned out either.

Most important aspect of playing QB in the NFL (IMHO) is ability to read defenses, make quick decisions on where to throw it and then make that throw.   That doesn't mean the guy with the best arm.

I appreciate the feedback and your analysis. My philosophy is that you need to draft potential high in the draft. 

Your last paragraph is 100% correct. However, if you can’t physically do it you can’t make it. There are number of really smart quarterbacks with weak arms. They are backups. With defensive players as good and fast as they are, you get guys with weak arms who are very smart throwing 5 picks in one half. Plus, while hand size isnt gospel, it is important in placea like Buffalo. 

Im passing on this class if I can’t get Darnold Rosen or Allen. I just don’t see the point. 

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Athletically, he was like those guys coming out. But that's where the comparisons ended as he was a lazy, immature head case with a severe drinking problem. The entire scouting community was well aware of his reluctance to study as well as his personal issues. Cleveland's owner vetoed the advice of his scouting and coaching staffs when that selection was made. 

so like Favre ?