Greg Gabriel Short Article On The Bills Drafting a QB

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He loves Peterman.  Do you respect that? 

I disagree with him, but I generally respect him. I met him at a tailgate a while back and spent a decent amount of time talking to him about the Bills. He was very logical in his analysis and just a generally nice guy so I'm probably more likely to give him a pass on that - nobody bats 1,000. 

• Like (+1) 2

Here is  Gabriel's take on Manziel when he came out:

'If I had to compare Manziel to another NFL quarterback I would say he is part Wilson, part Brees and part Brett Favre"

LMFAO.

Do you respect that?;)

Edited by Bag of Milk

1 minute ago, Bag of Milk said:

'If I had to compare Manziel to another NFL quarterback I would say he is part Wilson, part Brees and part Brett Favre"

LMFAO.

Do you respect that?

He didn't say the good parts of them .  He has Wilson's height, Favre's willingness to chuck it, and he drinks as much as Brees weighs. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I like Greg Gabriel. I respect his opinion and his history as a talent evaluator. Found this article and thought people might enjoy it:

https://www.buffalosportspage.com/gabriel-jets-trade-effect-on-bills/

Interesting opinion from him and thanks for sharing. My issue is that, to me, that second tier is what we have already. If we are getting a quarterback similar to McCarron or Peterman then why bother? If we are drafting in that next tier it has to be Jackson, because at least he has all world potential if all goes right. Those other dudes are JAGs. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Interesting opinion from him and thanks for sharing. My issue is that, to me, that second tier is what we have already. If we are getting a quarterback similar to McCarron or Peterman then why bother? If we are drafting in that next tier it has to be Jackson, because at least he has all world potential if all goes right. Those other dudes are JAGs. 

Agreed. Essentially a summary of stuff from other articles with an opinion spin at the end. 

Had the Bills drafted 2 guys top 5 in the last 15 years and we are where we are - then I'd agree with him. The unique context of the situation combined w the 1 thing we haven't tried has to be the reason the trade up crowd exists.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He loves Peterman.  Do you respect that? 

...a damn 5th rounder with minis, OTA's , some pre-season work, one disastrous start followed by some scant mop up, and you're STILL riding his azz?.....sure as hell is the definition of a TBD Career......hell, I'd bet your archive notes for the 200 Draft have this Brady in the 6th outta Michigan as the eventual winner of FOUR SB rings, 12+AFCE titles, 10 Pro-Bowl selections and 2 SB MVP's....so you underestimated him a bit ala FIVE, 15, 13 and 3.....guess you're not perfect every time......Jesus this Peterman crap gets old....think I'd stay in school for DUAL PhD's versus walking down YOUR welcoming red carpet as a draftee....give it up...........

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a damn 5th rounder with minis, OTA's , some pre-season work, one disastrous start followed by some scant mop up, and you're STILL riding his azz?.....sure as hell is the definition of a TBD Career......hell, I'd bet your archive notes for the 200 Draft have this Brady in the 6th outta Michigan as the eventual winner of FOUR SB rings, 12+AFCE titles, 10 Pro-Bowl selections and 2 SB MVP's....so you underestimated him a bit ala FIVE, 15, 13 and 3.....guess you're not perfect every time......Jesus this Peterman crap gets old....think I'd stay in school for DUAL PhD's versus walking down YOUR welcoming red carpet as a draftee....give it up...........

Sorry you don't like my opinion of him, but it is what it is. 

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sorry you don't like my opinion of him, but it is what it is. 

...here are the "ground rules" as I see them.....opinions are poster views, whether in agreement with others, or partially/totally opposing....damn bottom line is RESPECT of opinions....and perhaps you don't understand but I do respect your Peterman opinion PERIOD....my question is how do you formulate your OPINION of the kid on such a miniscule body of work?.....tell me in your OPINION what the legitimate time frame is to assess ANY player's body of work before he is labelled..........or maybe you prefer to break down those windows by position.....

• Like (+1) 1

I'd prefer if this thread didn't turn into another argument about Peterman or just generally tearing people's opinions down whether that be posters here or the author. The thing I took from the article that I've been of the same mind of is that our FO likely has not made a decision on which of the QBs they want. I don't doubt they have the players ranked and fully scouted, but I really thing Beane and McDermott will put a lot of stock on the face to face meetings at the private workouts, which I don't believe have taken place yet. That's all. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think declaring either of our guys second tier is pretty optimistic at this point.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here are the "ground rules" as I see them.....opinions are poster views, whether in agreement with others, or partially/totally opposing....damn bottom line is RESPECT of opinions....and perhaps you don't understand but I do respect your Peterman opinion PERIOD....my question is how do you formulate your OPINION of the kid on such a miniscule body of work?.....tell me in your OPINION what the legitimate time frame is to assess ANY player's body of work before he is labelled..........or maybe you prefer to break down those windows by position.....

Very easily as I have explained on multiple occasions.  I see him having fatal physical and mental flaws that are carryovers from his college career that will continue to plague him. As such I see him as a marginal NFL prospect who might very well wash out of the league and at best he'll be a backup.   Nothing I have seen thus far has moved me from that and I have said consistently regardless of who likes it or who does not. 

2 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

LMFAO.

Do you respect that?;)

Athletically, he was like those guys coming out. But that's where the comparisons ended as he was a lazy, immature head case with a severe drinking problem. The entire scouting community was well aware of his reluctance to study as well as his personal issues. Cleveland's owner vetoed the advice of his scouting and coaching staffs when that selection was made. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Very easily as I have explained on multiple occasions.  I see him having fatal physical and mental flaws that are carryovers from his college career that will continue to plague him. As such I see him as a marginal NFL prospect who might very well wash out of the league and at best he'll be a backup.   Nothing I have seen thus far has moved me from that and I have said consistently regardless of who likes it or who does not. 

...so be it...that is ALL I asked for.....you can put your flaps down...NOSE UP... crap at the curb with me son....I asked for a a clarification of opinion and not some high horse lecture............

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I disagree with him, but I generally respect him. I met him at a tailgate a while back and spent a decent amount of time talking to him about the Bills. He was very logical in his analysis and just a generally nice guy so I'm probably more likely to give him a pass on that - nobody bats 1,000. 

And what fans seem to lose sight of, regarding Peterman, some of the best QBs in NFL history have had horrible first starts. Nothing is truly known about Peterman other than his horrendous first start and a very good game manager type game against Indy in the snow. But count me among those who feel Peterman’s future remains an unknown, regardless of popular opinion.