Why The Jets Might Pass on Rosen and Allen

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/3-19-dan-leberfeld-jets-confidential-schopp-and-bulldog

I was listening to Dan Leberfeld who runs the Bills Digest equivalent for the NY Jets.  Immediately Schoop and The Lapdog ask Dan about the Jets recent trade. He believes that the Jets will take Baker Mayfield and not Rosen or Allen.

His reason is that the Jets tried drafting a developmental QB with accuracy issues 2 seasons in a row in "Hacksaw" Chris Hackenburg and Bryce Petty and were very unsuccessful in helping them along.  He doesn't see how they can draft Allen who while gifted, has the same issues as the other two.

Rosen is more of a political issue.  Woody Johnson is Trump's ambassador to Great Britain.  Josh Rosen has been outspoken against Trump and even wore and "F Trump" hat on a golf course.  With Trump being so quick to fire people, it could end up getting Woody some serious heat.  He doesn't see the Jets taking Rosen.

*** In a hilariously awkward moment at 7:10.....Leberfeld tries to make his point and says "If someone wore an 'F Obama' hat how many draft boards would they be off?"  Bulldog gets so tounge and starts stammering and Mike, who has aggressively defended Colin Kaepernick, seemed ticked off but clearly did not want to get into a debate and just says "are you saying there would be fewer teams?"  LOL

So the choice is Mayfield due to his accurate passing and the fact that Darnold will be gone at #1.

What does this mean for the Bills?  It's possible that Allen and/or Rosen could fall farther back than expected.  Which would mean the Bills could trade up just a few spots and possible get one of those QB's.

FWIW Mike thinks the Jets got ripped off in the trade for #3 and thinks the Bills should stay put.  Bulldog probably agrees like usual

• Like (+1) 1

They were in attendance at the Mayfield and Rosen pro day and then the following day they made the trade. My guess is they liked both guys and knew that by going to 3 they were pretty much guaranteed to get one of them

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/3-19-dan-leberfeld-jets-confidential-schopp-and-bulldog

I was listening to Dan Leberfeld who runs the Bills Digest equivalent for the NY Jets.  Immediately Schoop and The Lapdog ask Dan about the Jets recent trade. He believes that the Jets will take Baker Mayfield and not Rosen or Allen.

His reason is that the Jets tried drafting a developmental QB with accuracy issues 2 seasons in a row in "Hacksaw" Chris Hackenburg and Bryce Petty and were very unsuccessful in helping them along.  He doesn't see how they can draft Allen who while gifted, has the same issues as the other two.

Rosen is more of a political issue.  Woody Johnson is Trump's ambassador to Great Britain.  Josh Rosen has been outspoken against Trump and even wore and "F Trump" hat on a golf course.  With Trump being so quick to fire people, it could end up getting Woody some serious heat.  He doesn't see the Jets taking Rosen.

*** In a hilariously awkward moment at 7:10.....Leberfeld tries to make his point and says "If someone wore an 'F Obama' hat how many draft boards would they be off?"  Bulldog gets so tounge and starts stammering and Mike, who has aggressively defended Colin Kaepernick, seemed ticked off but clearly did not want to get into a debate and just says "are you saying there would be fewer teams?"  LOL

So the choice is Mayfield due to his accurate passing and the fact that Darnold will be gone at #1.

What does this mean for the Bills?  It's possible that Allen and/or Rosen could fall farther back than expected.  Which would mean the Bills could trade up just a few spots and possible get one of those QB's.

FWIW Mike thinks the Jets got ripped off in the trade for #3 and thinks the Bills should stay put.  Bulldog probably agrees like usual

I agree with all of their points on Allen and Rosen....

I think this is a very real possibility. Mayfield seem like the QB destined for the Jets. He is the anti-Hackenberg.

I think the Bills know this and are going to be waiting to trade up for Rosen if he falls. I don't think the Bills would draft Allen even if he fell to 12, it still shocks me that the media views Allen as a first round pick.

The wildcard right now is the Giants. Do they want a QB? If they do the Bills are screwed. I just can't figure out why they didn't trade with the Jets. The only reason to not trade with the Jets is because they love a QB. If they wanted one of the top three prospects in the draft they could still get them at 6, plus a whole bunch of other good players. The positional value at RB and OG is so low, it would make more sense to drop down to pick 6 if you wanted Barkley or Nelson. I really hope the Giants are in love with Chubb and don't want additional picks for some reason. 

I see the Bills plan as follows:

1)Pray Darnold falls to two and offer the Giants an insane amount of draft capital for him (probably 3 1st rounds and 2 2nd rounds)

2) Hope Rosen falls out of the top 4 and find a way to trade up for him

3) Trade up to the top of the second round for White or Rudolph.

I trust the process and no matter what scenario the Bills choose I believe this staff will find a franchise QB this year.

34 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

F the Jets!

I love watching Dopp and Dulldog squirm lol !

21 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think this is a very real possibility. Mayfield seem like the QB destined for the Jets. He is the anti-Hackenberg.

I think the Bills know this and are going to be waiting to trade up for Rosen if he falls. I don't think the Bills would draft Allen even if he fell to 12, it still shocks me that the media views Allen as a first round pick.

The wildcard right now is the Giants. Do they want a QB? If they do the Bills are screwed. I just can't figure out why they didn't trade with the Jets. The only reason to not trade with the Jets is because they love a QB. If they wanted one of the top three prospects in the draft they could still get them at 6, plus a whole bunch of other good players. The positional value at RB and OG is so low, it would make more sense to drop down to pick 6 if you wanted Barkley or Nelson. I really hope the Giants are in love with Chubb and don't want additional picks for some reason. 

1)Pray Darnold falls to two and offer the Giants an insane amount of draft capital for him (probably 3 1st rounds and 2 2nd rounds)

I trust the process and no matter what scenario the Bills choose I believe this staff will find a franchise QB this year.

...Or because Gettleman has been talking with his friend and former co-worker Mr. Beane who has a lot more draft capital and proposed a better offer.  

45 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Ah yes that expert commentator schopp.

Sabres tanked for Eichel as he urged and got his  Bylsema that he pined for the as the Sabres HC... 

Restored the franchise there just as he predicted.

Since hockey is his first love I’m sure his football guidance is spot on as well... 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

...Or because Gettleman has been talking with his friend and former co-worker Mr. Beane who has a lot more draft capital and proposed a better offer.  

I hope you're right. I still think it would be crazy to continue with Manning. His play has declined significantly the last couple years. 

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sabres tanked for Eichel as he urged and got his  Bylsema that he pined for the as the Sabres HC... 

Since hockey is his first love I’m sure his football guidance is spot on as well... 

His real love is tennis because his wife was actually an athlete. Other than that he was the scrub that was always picked last in gym class. He’s a lifetime loser. Even his reproductive system has failed him and he had to adopt babies. His knowledge of real sports is laughable. He excels at collecting cards and figurines. I wish we had real sports talk show hosts in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Dude has never played an organized sport, he actually said that on air, but we are supposed to listen to his opinions on sports. It's comical. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

His real love is tennis because his wife was actually an athlete. Other than that he was the scrub that was always picked last in gym class. He’s a lifetime loser. Even his reproductive system has failed him and he had to adopt babies. His knowledge of real sports is laughable. He excels at collecting cards and figurines. I wish we had real sports talk show hosts in Buffalo. 

Damn dude. 

17 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Dude has never played an organized sport, he actually said that on air, but we are supposed to listen to his opinions on sports. It's comical. 

But it's sports talk for smart people!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, mrags said:

Real classy there

47 minutes ago, mrags said:

Dude I don’t like Schoop as a radio host but the line about his kids was not cool.  You might want to edit that

Edited by BuffaloRush

16 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

Real classy there

While also being pretty trashy. To speak of someone that you don't even REALLY know is pretty ignorant. The reproductive comment is just in poor taste. Sadly a case of internet muscles, and although I don't often agree w the man and tend to find him too self indulgent more than anything- I don't see why this is necessary. Maybe dude got embarassed and hung up on on-air and can't seem to let it go. 

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

While also being pretty trashy. To speak of someone that you don't even REALLY know is pretty ignorant. The reproductive comment is just in poor taste. Sadly a case of internet muscles, and although I don't often agree w the man and tend to find him too self indulgent more than anything- I don't see why this is necessary. Maybe dude got embarassed and hung up on on-air and can't seem to let it go. 

Yeah I agree.  I think it’s fair game to say you criticize his show or his opinions as a radio host, but bringing something very personal like that crosses the line IMO

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Maybe dude got embarassed and hung up on on-air and can't seem to let it go. 

Yeah. That’s it. I am so gentle that I can’t take getting hung up on, on air. It’s bothered me ever since. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yeah I agree.  I think it’s fair game to say you criticize his show or his opinions as a radio host, but bringing something very personal like that crosses the line IMO

Who cares

3 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Dude I don’t like Schoop as a radio host but the line about his kids was not cool.  You might want to edit that

No. I’ll keep it. 

3 hours ago, DallasMac said:

Real classy there

I never said I was classy. In fact that’s the last thing I’ve ever called myself. 

3 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Thank you. Someone that gets it. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, billspro said:

People still don't answer when I say this, maybe a logical answer will come from you good sir.... So you state that you can't believe the media thinks Allen is a 1st round QB yet you would give half of our draft capital for Darnold who fumbled 21 times and had 7 more INT than Allen with a far superior team? Oh and he got destroyed by Ohio State in the bowl game, Josh Allen won his bowl game, threw 3 TD passes. I have my reservations on Allen although I think he's incredibly talented but for those crucifying Allen yet putting Darnold as the clear cut QB to get just doesn't make sense to me.