Bob McGinn's Anonymous Scouts Quotes (2018 QBs)

Just a gut feeling but I think they like Rosen and if his interview goes well they'll move to get him

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Rosen has taken a lot of hits, had two concussions last year.  His personality is not considered a strength and to me seems a bit aloof.  Comes from a very well-to-do family and his desire may wane if he gets hurt in the NFL, which is probable based on his collegiate history.

Those issues preclude him as the best available QB of this group.

The desire thing.  He could have been a world class tennis player.  But he chose a team game in football.  So if anything to me it's a positive on his desire

If we were strictly talking talent Rosen is superior to  Darnold.   I think ppl are so smitten with Darnold off the field and his overall personality that they allow that to trump his deficiencies in skill.  If Darnold had Rosen's or Mayfields personality where would he rank.

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

The quotes are anonymous, however they may very well be planted to throw others off.  Really can't trust anything except straight news this close to the draft.

If only you were the GM of all the teams drafting ahead of the Bills.

They Might Think Mason Rudolf is their guy...should be there at 12. After reading those QB scout quotes it seems.... like you need to take a guy and try to mold him into an NFL QB...there are no For Sure Prospects in this class like Andrew Luck.....so grab a guy you like and don't go chasing rainbows..LOL;)

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

His personality is not considered a strength and to me seems a bit aloof.  Comes from a very well-to-do family and his desire may wane if he gets hurt in the NFL, which is probable based on his collegiate history.

Those who assume make an...

4 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Link didn't point to article for me and looks like this message was also put on a Pats* board.

I linked to McGinn's draft section, but you need a subscription to read the content I posted, so I couldn't link the article directly.  They are also posted on bostonsportsjournal.com but that also requires a subscription.  I only took the QBs and posted them here, there are many more players in the complete articles.

6 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

"The quotes are anonymous, however they may very well be planted to throw others off.  Really can't trust anything except straight news this close to the draft"

I would stress that you make an exception for Bob McGinn.

He recently retired from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, but as easily been one of the most skilled and respected newspaper writers of this past generation.

I always look forward to reading McGinn's draft material, as no one, yes no one, is better connected around the league.

He is a must read this time of year and in upcoming columns will post about each position group.

Yup.

And he does this with five different guys with different teams and different agendas. One guy smoke-screening gets swallowed up by the others. Yeah, maybe one guy wants everyone to stay away from Darnold. The others know their teams aren't involved. Involving a lot of guys levels things out.

And yes, McGinn is very good.

12 hours ago, BillsGuru4 said:

Or watch darnold vs penn st in the rose bowl. STUD

You can't possibly be watching the same game?  I found this clip and he looks so god awful! His ball placement is terrible.  His mechanics are awful.  He is late on his reads and misses reads and gets himself into trouble.  This guy is a turnover machine.