Enough with The Whinging About Starting New Threads

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Ahh, the old I've been here longer card. So, folks can only discuss, And start the same old threads, if they've been here longer than a new patron?  Or, that the "regulars" agree with? That's not a neighborhood bar, that's a private club. This is not.

Gotcha. What a welcoming place. Thanks for breaking down the rules to a public pub?

Yea, shocking that you walk into an established community and tell them to find somewhere else to go and it gets push back. 

Im all for new folks and the board evolving... but if you are walking into a country bar and hitting the jukebox with techno and telling off the folks that have been there for 20 years... yea, it might be a “you issue” and not the bars fault. That’s not a private club, that’s just being respectful of communities that you are newly entering.

not a terribly big deal- the guys that pull that tend to flame out pretty quickly. 

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I've been here for almost a decade and have started less threads than some posters that have been here since BBMB shut down.  It's not a matter of the threads being created but the fact that the exact same thread is being started over and over for no reason when it's just as simple to throw your opinion into a thread that is relevant to the topic that they are trying to start.  It's really not that hard to figure out.

I understand that completely, I do. However, where I personally have a problem is when I see folks that have been here a year-a couple years-several years post an almost identical thread after a newbie does, and gets berated, whilst not a word of negativity is said to the o.p. of the other thread. That's not open, fair dialect or thought. Its a clique. This is not a private club. That's all I mean. No offense to any of the regulars

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

There I said what a lot of people are thinking.  It strikes me as so unbelievable to hear people complain about starting new threads?  It reminds of the crybabies on the old Buffalo Bills Message Board.  If you recall people got infractions for....starting new threads.  The AUDACITY!!!!  Maybe we should create universal threads like “Bills Draft Talk” or “Brandon Beane” or “Lesean McCoy.”  That way there will less threads for you!!!!! LOL

People this is a message board.  Other me here and they do start threads.  If you don’t like it - then leave.  I’m so sick of seeing members complain and really cut down others for starting a new thread, rather than posting on a topic with 10 pages worth of posts that no one will read. 

The fact is, we’re all Bills fans and this is a pretty interesting time for then organization.  Fan interest and excitement is pretty high.  It should come as no surprise that people are starting new threads!  Yes I get that the board has grown over the past year and it may be different than it was in the past but get over yourself!  

My suggestion to you - start your own Bills message at ProBoards.com.  Then you can organize YOUR message board the way you want.  

You apparently have no idea of how much better this board was previously.  Sorry, but having to wade through dozens of new threads on the very same topic with everyone's all-important personal take is annoying and counterproductive.  90% of the threads started add no new value.  It is out of control.  I get your point, but there are two sides to this, and I am clearly on the other.  This thread is a perfect example of what I am talking about.  There was already a thread started earlier this week on this topic.  No need to start a new one because you are either too lazy to read it or too self important to not have your opinion at the top of the page.

This behavior used to be enforced, and self policed, and no longer is.  Oh, well.  Change comes to all things.  Does not mean its better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

There I said what a lot of people are thinking.  It strikes me as so unbelievable to hear people complain about starting new threads?  It reminds of the crybabies on the old Buffalo Bills Message Board.  If you recall people got infractions for....starting new threads.  The AUDACITY!!!!  Maybe we should create universal threads like “Bills Draft Talk” or “Brandon Beane” or “Lesean McCoy.”  That way there will less threads for you!!!!! LOL

People this is a message board.  Other me here and they do start threads.  If you don’t like it - then leave.  I’m so sick of seeing members complain and really cut down others for starting a new thread, rather than posting on a topic with 10 pages worth of posts that no one will read. 

The fact is, we’re all Bills fans and this is a pretty interesting time for then organization.  Fan interest and excitement is pretty high.  It should come as no surprise that people are starting new threads!  Yes I get that the board has grown over the past year and it may be different than it was in the past but get over yourself!  

My suggestion to you - start your own Bills message at ProBoards.com.  Then you can organize YOUR message board the way you want.  

You SERIOUSLY don't see an issue here? Not with disorganization, but the whole pot calling the kettle black meta senerio with this post? 

I loved coming here. I lurked for 10 years simply nodding my head or laughing at what was excellent content and takes. 

Posts like THIS are what inspired me to actually start contributing. And it's not even how silly the content is in regard to starting a thread about people complaining about starting threads. 

It's more the audacity that blinded you to not see how essentially doing the opposite of what you are complaining about has made this no different and will be flamed accordingly. 

Thinking YOUR take on the subject mattered more than anyone else's rather than just chiming in on a current topic it's already being discussed in hilights what the real issue is here... and that's assuming there even in one in the 1st place. (There is, and in all honesty it prob has a lot to do with different levels of fandom where die hards loose patience with casual fans-and rightfully so at times - but with no self policing it just is what it is so you have to deal or dont)

In the end, if it was attention you wanted this will ensure you get it. Any attention is good attention right?

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yea, shocking that you walk into an established community and tell them to find somewhere else to go and it gets push back. 

Im all for new folks and the board evolving... but if you are walking into a country bar and hitting the jukebox with techno and telling off the folks that have been there for 20 years... yea, it might be a “you issue” and not the bars fault. That’s not a private club, that’s just being respectful of communities that you are newly entering.

not a terribly big deal- the guys that pull that tend to flame out pretty quickly. 

I understand. And I want to point out that I'm not trying to change anything. I enjoy this board and the discussions very much. I'm on here every day, many times a day. I love all Bill's related material. But if I have an opinion, I should be able to speak it without being berated or belittled because I didn't pay my dues.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffAlone said:

I understand. And I want to point out that I'm not trying to change anything. I enjoy this board and the discussions very much. I'm on here every day, many times a day. I love all Bill's related material. But if I have an opinion, I should be able to speak it without being berated or belittled because I didn't pay my dues.

Go ahead and speak it. In the thread that's already carrying a discussion at the top of the page. Not your own. We've welcomed plenty of new posters here, with open arms. All we ask is that new folks blend into the established community.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic